Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" Video Premiere!

You people SERIOUSLY need to relax. Somebody saying "this video sucks" is NOT a big deal. Do you honestly think a band that has millions of dollars and a huge fan base cares if someone says something bad about their music videos? "This sucks/this is bad" is basically the same as saying "I don't like it". There's no need to reword your words to a point where they are totally unoffensive to ANYONE.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Or people could just chill out with the unreal expectations.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Are you guys serious? You really think that its ok to disrespect the band on the forums they so generously provide for us to waste away our evenings on?

You've gotta be kidding me!

Okay, "this video sucks" does not bother me. But the fact of the matter is that YOU don't know the offspring, you don't know the director of the video, you don't know anyone involved in the video and you CAN'T call a person an idiot for their taste in videos/music/clothing/etc. (case in point: randman likes Creed. While I find this endlessly funny, my motto is "to each his own". ) All you guys see is your little scope of the world where the offspring is to remain unchanged and they should bend to every little desire you guys have. They have said over and over that they are always trying to reach a bigger audience. "You gain some fans and you lose some"

Seriously, they are into the whole animation thing, so thats cool. I personally am a little sick of CGI. But its whatever, the video is a serious mind trip anyways and so i am always up for that.

but the 20 threads that have popped up about how stupid the video is and all that are flat out disrespectful. Not only did you guys have to say it once. But you had to say it in 20 different ways, BEFORE the video even came out!

Thats flat out disrespect! Would you go off on your teacher for every activity that you think is dumb? No. You may groan and grumble a bit, but 99% of the population realizes how disrespectful that is. This is the same thing.

Go right ahead and tell them you don't like it. But there is no reason to go into "You guys are idiots for this. You are stupid. You are fags. You suck because of this video" Thats just uncalled for.

*shakes a nagging finger* Don't make me sing Let It Be.
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

Quote Originally Posted by lost_nvrfound View Post
    Are you guys serious? You really think that its ok to disrespect the band on the forums ..............
    Quoted for truth! I can't belive the shit hole GOD turned into in the last few days, because of a fucking video!

And that's just it! It's just a video! If you don't like it, fine! But the endless amount of threads created in the last few days are just ridiculous! If you have something to say, say it in F@ BANKZ's thread.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by lost_nvrfound View Post
    randman likes Creed.
    Damn. Seeing how ridiculous that looks on-screen, I think I have to contemplate my life :P

Great points, though. I'm tired of sounding like a crotchety old man, so I'll just say one more thing: I really can understand anyone's disappointment, but just think of the guys from the Offspring reading some of your posts, because one of them likely has.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Above Advanced Search (which is for pussies)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Damn. Seeing how ridiculous that looks on-screen, I think I have to contemplate my life :P

Great points, though. I'm tired of sounding like a crotchety old man, so I'll just say one more thing: I really can understand anyone's disappointment, but just think of the guys from the Offspring reading some of your posts, because one of them likely has.
    Don't worry, they are used to it. Remember when Dexter posted that even his friend called him Gandhi? Well, yeah.

Also lost_nvrfound nailed it with this sole sentence:

All you guys see is your little scope of the world where the offspring is to remain unchanged and they should bend to every little desire you guys have.
    Well done!
    Listen to Britney Spears:

-Hit Me Baby One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I remember there had been three threads about it already. Use the search button.
    The search button does let us down every now and then.

I just saw the music video this morning, it seems I'm the last one to know what's going on in the offy world, since I got back to france, and uni...

What I think of the video is... it's not as disapointing as Hammerhead was, there's no pigs (unless the dirty old men symbolise pigs), there's real people!!! I kinda like that guy with the guitar. So the video's not too bad, gives me a little hope that the next one might be better...

I have no idea what Creed is like!

Hahaha! Glad to see I could help

So... umm... YAY YGGFK! WOO!
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

I like the video!! But where are they??

Quote Originally Posted by RazielSR View Post
    I like the video!! But where are they??
    no band on this video....

but it dosen't really matter cause the song ROCKS
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com