Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I love Escape from Butcher Bay. The Xbox version has an extra level apparently, called Assault on Dark Athena. That version of the game is named that too.
    Actually, Assault on Dark Athena is mostly a remake of the game for the next gen consoles with extra stuff. The PC version had an extra level over the original XBOX one, but the 360 and PS3 thing is going to have even more.
    edit: or were you talking about the upcoming 360 version? I just assumed you meant the original xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Actually, Assault on Dark Athena is mostly a remake of the game for the next gen consoles with extra stuff. The PC version had an extra level over the original XBOX one, but the 360 and PS3 thing is going to have even more.
    edit: or were you talking about the upcoming 360 version? I just assumed you meant the original xbox.
    I meant the upcoming one, yes. I did not make that clear, sorry.

I found that one of the parts that ended up being a little anti-climactic was triple-max, and how easy it ended up being in getting out. You didn't get as immersed, but I suppose it ended up being a good choice, since it was getting a little tiresome to be caught over and over again and stuck in a higher security level.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I am currently playing NHL 09

aside from that I've also been playing NHL 09

and when I've had time... NHL 09.

(excited about the new Call of Duty and some other things but still
    currently just on an NHL 09 high - gotta love the be a pro mode and the online
    hockey league, even if my team is currently awful )

Rock Band 2. If I spent as much time on real guitar as I do on this game, I'd play like freaking Hendrix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sKratch View Post
    Crysis: Warhead
    Pretty decent game. Definitely good bang for its buck. Amazing graphics, doesn't really bring anything new to the Crysis story, but if you loved Crysis you'll enjoy Warhead. I'll paraphrase a review that says you really don't have to worry about ammo in this expansion pack; they generally hook you up with grenades, guns, etc on a regular basis. More of a shoot-everyone-and-blow-shit-up game than Crysis was.
    Does it start from where Crysis left off? I never finished Crysis because I didn't like fighting all those aliens. That's what I hated about Far Cry too.
    * !

Still FFIV on the DS, got through the boss from hell after level upping and strategizing and now I have Edge in my party and have to level up to get him up to speed. Sigh.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Fifa 09 which is alright, Far Cry 2 which makes me cry (why is the AI no different from Far Cry!!!!!) and Dead Space, which is set piece sex pizzle.
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Does it start from where Crysis left off? I never finished Crysis because I didn't like fighting all those aliens. That's what I hated about Far Cry too.
    No... It's set supposedly in parallel to the original game, but in different locations. The last few levels of the game are also fighting those damn aliens, but you've got some extra firepower. You play as Psycho, he Australian guy.
    omg sigged fuck you

hahaha. i'm still playing guitar hero in its various forms
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by sKratch View Post

Spore
    Tons of fun through the first few stages! One of the more popular criticisms of Spore is that it's not really a new game, it's a bunch of games that already exist put into one game. This is sort of true, but I still think it's a great game. Once you become a space-fairing civilization, things slow down a lot. The game turns into "Go here. OK now go here. Go over there now." However, I still enjoyed outer space for some time. I stopped playing before I reached the top rank. Also, I should note I didn't buy it, so I have no online content.
    I was addicted to this until I made it into the Tribal mode. The creature stage was so much fun, but to be quite honest everything else bores the hell out of me. I don't enjoy designing small crappy looking buildings and cars.

I made it to the space stage but I only did the very first mission type thing.