Page 20 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Left 4 Dead, there is absolutely nothing to the game. You choose from 5 different weapons and you kill zombies... forever. No storyline, at all.
    It's amazing. The most fun I've had playing a game since Psychonauts and Timesplitters. It's been a while since I've played it though since my friend convinced me to get Red Alert 3 so he and I can play online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    Also, how important is it to buy the memory card? I'm assuming it's for saving online games and stuff.
    You can't save anything for any game without a memory card, there's no internal hard drive on a PS2 and the games all come on cds. You'll need one for your PS2 games (which will probably last you a long time, they give you more than enough space) and, unfortunately, PS1 used a slightly different type of memory card, so you also need a PS1 memory card if you want to save stuff for PS1 games.

oh, Tijs. So you're THAT guy. I hate you. =(

I'm late to the party. I finally got around to playing Gears of War 2. Ending was fun as hell, but too bad it it wasn't a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    You can't save anything for any game without a memory card, there's no internal hard drive on a PS2 and the games all come on cds. You'll need one for your PS2 games (which will probably last you a long time, they give you more than enough space) and, unfortunately, PS1 used a slightly different type of memory card, so you also need a PS1 memory card if you want to save stuff for PS1 games.
    Would you recommend buying a PS2? I keep looking at them and thinking - do I really want one? I love video games (consoles and PC) but I just can't decide.

And I don't want a PS3 yet, they're still pretty new so I'll wait for a while.
    ::: DanceFuckerDance :::
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It's funny because Shank wants to be railed by Dexter.

Between PS2 and PS1 you have lots of great games to choose from, but there's not going to be many (if any) new ones going forward since the PS3 is out now. I'd say if that's not a problem for you, definitely get one since I love mine (despite the earlier models being shit).

Between PS2 and PS1 you have lots of great games to choose from, but there's not going to be many (if any) new ones going forward since the PS3 is out now. I'd say if that's not a problem for you, definitely get one since I love mine (despite the earlier models being shit).
    I know the one I was looking at has the console, and one controller. So what else do I need to buy then to run/play? Another controller and the memory card? Is that it, besides (obviously) the games?

On a side a note - I remember years ago when I bought the N64 and the fucking adapter was seperate from the machine, so I had to go out and buy one. Never had to with any of the other Nintendo systems before that. Ridiculous.

I'll second the PS2 recommendation. There are endless possibilities for fun no matter what you like.

Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid(s), Dragonball Z Budokai 3, the Kingdom Hearts series, the Star Wars Battlefront series, Need For Speed Underground 2, the Hot Shots Golf series, Katamari Damachi, the Jak & Daxter series, Dragon Quest VII, God Of War I and II, the Prince of Persia series, Destory All Humans, Dynasty Warriors.

Not to mention Street Fighter, Sonic, and countless other packs and anthologies. The list goes on and on.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I'll second the PS2 recommendation. There are endless possibilities for fun no matter what you like.

Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid(s), Dragonball Z Budokai 3, the Kingdom Hearts series, the Star Wars Battlefront series, Need For Speed Underground 2, the Hot Shots Golf series, Katamari Damachi, the Jak & Daxter series, Dragon Quest VII, God Of War I and II, the Prince of Persia series, Destory All Humans, Dynasty Warriors.

Not to mention Street Fighter, Sonic, and countless other packs and anthologies. The list goes on and on.
    Do you suggest any good FPS games for PS2? I'd love to find BHD (Delta Force, Black Hawk Down) and also like to pick up COD4. What do you and/or others suggest?

I'm a huge fan of the Timesplitters series. They're dumb and lack any real plot but they're SO much fun, especially the multiplayer.

I'm a huge fan of the Timesplitters series. They're dumb and lack any real plot but they're SO much fun, especially the multiplayer.
    I'm too lazy to look it up. What kind of game is that?

First Person Shooter, developed by the same crew that did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on N64.