Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

I just finished Mass Effect. Great fucking game. I ended up quicksaving before most conversations so I could see the outcomes of both renegade on paragon actions. Too lazy to play it twice. Need to get part 2.

Also got through Mirror's Edge last week. Not bad. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere and look of the game more than the actual gameplay. The first level was the best part and it just went downhill from there.
    Last edited by Jebus; 02-02-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I just finished Mass Effect. Great fucking game. I ended up quicksaving before most conversations so I could see the outcomes of both renegade on paragon actions. Too lazy to play it twice. Need to get part 2.
    I loved Mass Effect. Every part of it. There are two things I don't like about 2, though. SPOILER - Haven't played it yet, but I plan on getting a 360 just to play it.

First of all, the RPG system got simplified, which I understand still has a slight amount of depth for veteran players but ruins the purpose of Mass Effect - the Mass Effect.

Then BioWare kind of doubled back on their own story, retracing weird things in the favor of epic. Generally that's not a problem, but I think they refer to so many things in the first game it's a little bit of a weird thing.

Third, I haven't actually played the game, but it seems like they cut out so much of what I loved in the first one - notably the incredibly effect shooter/RPG elements I thought integrated so well which most people actually criticized.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

castlevania symphony of the night. oh yea i just finally beat mega man 9. no big deal or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Slithering around in the folds of your brain.

Just finished:

Assassin's Creed II
    Mirror's Edge (FINALLY!)

Now playing Dragon Age Origins... I tried it once when I got it and I honestly hated it. But I decided to try picking it up again... I have to agree that the gameplay is on the iffy side, and the game itself feels like 80% cutscene, 20% everything else. I'm not too fond of the combat system either. It's too fast and upfront in my opinion... people just stand there swinging swords and staves... it's not very exciting.

Also tried Silent Hill: Homecoming and quit for the same reason and ended up watching a Let's Play of it on Youtube. The guy who made the Let's Play of it was probably more irritated than I was with the gameplay. I could write a whole essay of what all gives me migraines in that game and why.

Ah yes, Silent Hill: Homecoming. Horrible game. I bought it and played it once. What a waste of money that was. I should have just played the original again for the millionth time.

I've been playing Dragon Age obsessively the last few days. I now enjoy the actual gameplay much more. I think it just took me a long time to get comfortable with it. Here's a tip: Play a mage. It's awesome. Two things are really annoying me right now though. One is that most of my inventory is taken up carrying around things I just don't want to sell. This game needs a storage box, and apparently the Wardens Keep expansion provides one. But it should have been in the game from the start. The other thing that is driving me crazy is I need a bow equipped on my main character to complete a quest and I can no longer find any low level bows that my mage can equip. So dumb. All I need to do is fire one arrow up in the air. You'd think any of my other characters would be able to do it, but no.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I could go on about Silent Hill: Homecoming. It really felt like innovations for the sake of innovating a great series :/ Yeah there needed to be modifications but they went from one end of the spectrum to the other. I would say the combat system is atrocious, but it's not the combat system, but the aspects of the combat system are. If a nurse lands a hit after the Dream Hospital in the beginning, you're totally fucked. You can't run past anything either.

I also didn't like the whole scene in the bathroom which totally COPIED the same scene from the movie. THAT pissed me off.

I'm playing Dragon Age like I'm obsessed with it. And I curse like a sailor at the game every time because I die a ton. But... I can't stop playing it!

Traded in a few games today, picked up Borderlands.

I don't mind it, and I especially like the item collection system, but I have the same problem with this game that I do with Fallout 3 - namely, enemy AI.

In Borderlands and Fallout 3, once you shoot an enemy, every other enemy in the vicinity immediately spins straight towards you and runs at you in a straight line. If they aren't a ranged enemy, they run straight at you until they reach you and then start attacking. It's really frustrating, because maybe if they zigzagged or went for cover nearby it'd be better, and a more immersive gameplay experience.

There are a few units in each game that show better cohesion and teamwork - the Raiders in Fallout 3 hide behind cover and don't come running after you, preferring to stay in their shacks and take potshots, and the Bandit classes in Borderlands use cover, but only if you approach them and they're already in a fortified location.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Mafia wars.
    Yeah I'm probly behind the times but this shit's addicting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Been playing Assasins Creed II. I'm a fan, I've been playing it almost non stop, but I don't like the combat system, it seems like if you try to attack anyone (if you have a weapon), it's a 50/50 chance that you'll actually attack them or just stand there. But I guess I haven't mastered it yet, hopefully it'll get easier after a bit more playing.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Been playing Assasins Creed II. I'm a fan, I've been playing it almost non stop, but I don't like the combat system, it seems like if you try to attack anyone (if you have a weapon), it's a 50/50 chance that you'll actually attack them or just stand there. But I guess I haven't mastered it yet, hopefully it'll get easier after a bit more playing.
    I've had that problem too, thankfully you can actually assassinate people with the hidden blade even after they've drawn their sword, as well as fight with the hidden blade. I think that might be a glitch in the system, I've only experienced it as a problem a few times, mainly at the very end of the game.

I can't wait till Assassin's Creed 3 comes out