Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

You can never go wrong with any Metal Gear game. I just beat MGS4 again the other day and forgot how fantastic is was.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

WipeOut HD, Sonic 4 and Worms 2: Armageddon. So I went on a PSN kick, but it was worth every cent.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    You can never go wrong with any Metal Gear game. I just beat MGS4 again the other day and forgot how fantastic is was.
    I just finished Act 4 on my first playthrough. Apparently I've put in 20 hours since I started it. Which was yesterday. I hadn't intended to spend my entire weekend playing it but it's the kind of game you just can't stop. Literally, at times, since convenient save points are sometimes pretty far apart.

This game is pretty amazing. I was surprised that about half the game seems to consist of watching cutscenes. I'd seen someone say that before but never realized they meant it literally. But the cutscenes are so good I don't have a problem with that at all. This game feels like an interactive movie, more than any other game I've ever played.

The controls could be a little better though.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I just finished Act 4 on my first playthrough. Apparently I've put in 20 hours since I started it. Which was yesterday. I hadn't intended to spend my entire weekend playing it but it's the kind of game you just can't stop. Literally, at times, since convenient save points are sometimes pretty far apart.

This game is pretty amazing. I was surprised that about half the game seems to consist of watching cutscenes. I'd seen someone say that before but never realized they meant it literally. But the cutscenes are so good I don't have a problem with that at all. This game feels like an interactive movie, more than any other game I've ever played.

The controls could be a little better though.
    Yeah, that's how all the games are, actually. I think the 2nd one was actually more heavy on the cutscenes, but the story is so involved and so interesting that I love watching the plot unfold in all the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

I have played the first one (first on Playstation that is) and the second one. Somehow never got around to the third. But either my memory is failing me badly or MGS4 spent about as much time on cutscenes as the rest combined.

I finished it now. 25 hours. I kind of want to play again skipping all cutscenes to see what my time is.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I've gone back to playing the first resident evil for sega saturn and it's still pretty cool. i recently discovered a retro game shop so i'll probably get back to playing some old games for sega saturn and master system

right now im playing halo reach for the xbox 360 it's about the same as all the other halo games

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

What can I say other than it's a classic. Although I always do the first 3 temples, grow up, get to the forest temple and be all like 'fuck it I'll do it tomorrow' then never play that file again. So this time I'm pretty determined. A couple of hours in and I've just kicked the giant dodongo (goron boss)'s ass. Need some sleep now though so the Zoras will have to wait.
    ----------------------------

When the rain comes I sit home and pray,
    Make it all numb I wish it all away.

Join UK Fans Offspring Social Group HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I have played the first one (first on Playstation that is) and the second one. Somehow never got around to the third. But either my memory is failing me badly or MGS4 spent about as much time on cutscenes as the rest combined.

I finished it now. 25 hours. I kind of want to play again skipping all cutscenes to see what my time is.
    Holy mother of God, dude. Play Snake Eater. I think I have an idea for what kind of games and story you like, and if I'm right, you will fucking love Snake Eater. It's absolutely beautiful. I mean, MGS1 is my favourite, for many reasons, but I can willingly accept Snake Eater being called beautiful, and MGS1 being called just "awesome" or something.

I bought Infamous the other day, and have only had the chance to have one proper gaming session on it, it seems like it'll be pretty cool, but having a social life and work is really cutting into my gaming time :/
    Last edited by mrconeman; 10-29-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Wipeout HD has pretty much taken over my days at this point. I thought it was pretty boring when doing races on the Venom class, and couldn't figure out why people loved the game so much. Then I did a race on Flash and I have loved everything about the game since - even its frustrations.

It's one of the few games where I can fuck up a few times, then hunch down and start over until I get the desired result, no matter how long it takes.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.