Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

TL;DR warning *

My friend lent me Tekken 6 the other day, and as a former huge fan of the series (5 wasn't so hot, but everything up to then was great imo) I'm seriously fucking annoyed at the fact that they put in this retarded fucking "Scenario Campaign" mode, which if you've ever played Tekken, is a thinly veiled "Tekken Force" mode. I would be fine with the addition of the mode, even though the Tekken controls DO NOT WORK in this camera angle, and the graphics are visibly MUCH worse than during the regular arcade style fighting modes. I say I would be fine with the addition, because I could ignore it, usually.

You absolutely HAVE to play this mode the entire way through in order to be able to play the regular "Arena/story mode" with each of the characters, which you unlock by finishing levels in Scenario Campaign mode. What a shit load of fuck.

Oh, and when you do unlock a character for arena mode and go through their personal campaign, like the old school Tekken's, you literally get 4 fights in Arena mode before the character ending.

The controls in Tekken Force (ahem) are absolutely diabolical. The fixed camera is total bullshit. Tekken controls are designed so that you will always be facing to the left or right, and the D-pad in conjunction will allow you to do very specific button commands, for very specific combos. How in the name of fuck am I supposed to know which D-pad button to use, if I'm facing say, directly away from the camera? Or directly towards the camera? Bullshit.

You regularly get one hitted because of environmental hazards (I.E one punch knocks you into a body of water) and you have to start again because of no checkpoints. Each level is a lesson in complete mediocrity.

In Tekken Force this shit didn't work, but you could forgive it as a PS1 era experiment, in Tekken: Devil Within this shit didn't work, and you could forgive it as sloppy tacked on gaming modes there to flesh out the disk. This shit does NOT belong in the PS3 era.

Just give me fucking arcade mode with prologues and epilogues as the main story of the game, it always worked, and it always will. Unless you're changing it up the way Mortal Kombat did and actually put in a *good* campaign mode, in which you fight people in the regular arcade fashion. Oh, and you also still got the old fashioned arcade mode in which every character got to fight the usual tournament style 10 characters, with a prologue and epilogue.
    So glad I didn't buy this. Avoid like plague, 0/10 just for absolute bullshit shenanigans.

If I was to rate the actual fighting mechanic in the extremely rare occasion when you actually get to play an arcade battle, the fighting is excellent, very Tekken trademark fighting, if that's what you're into it's great. There's a lot more of an emphasis on juggling your opponent, which can be really frustrating online, and very cheap with combo spammers, but if you're any good at the game you can avoid it, it's just frustrating as it gives any jackass that can memorise one combo the ability to play the game without getting hit, at all.

*TL;DR version : Do not buy this piece of shit, download an emulator and play Tekken 2, and Tekken 3.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Do not buy this piece of shit, download an emulator and play Tekken 2, and Tekken 3.
    TEKKEN 3 is the best of all in TEKKEN-series for me. TEKKEN 4 is ok but nothing special. TEKKEN 5 is a clone of TEKKEN 4. TEKKEN 6 is terrible. The camera type is tiring as you said.
    Enslave my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmau5 View Post
    I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2.
    do you play on PC?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Tekken rant
    100% agree.

Tekken is one of the two console series that I am a diehard fan of. The very first game I bought when I got the original Playstation back in the day was Tekken. I'll probably cry myself to sleep whenever they decide to stop making games.

I do, however, agree that six is a bag of dicks. Five wasn't much better, and four sucked, too (Jin changing styles ruined it for me). They lost track of their story so badly. The controls are sluggish. And, frankly, they've added way too many characters. The first three games - or four if you count Tag Tournament WHICHITOTALLYDO - are incredible. No Christie Montero. No force gayness. Gon, Dr. B, a real story, Tekken Ball! I spent endless amounts of time in those games. The only credit I can give to the later titles is that they made my favorite character better. Haha.

If you haven't played Tekken Tag Tournament and like the first three games, give it a try. I feel like it's a very underrated game.
    Last edited by Isolated Fury; 03-27-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I love Tag Tournament! I'm hoping when Tag Tournament 2 comes out it's as good.

My two favourite characters in the series so far have been Jun, and Jin, so being able to play as them both in Tekken Tag was really a nice touch for me. Also Tekken ball, and Tekken bowling >>>>>>>> Tekken Force.

I feel ya man, I spent countless hours playing Tekken when I was younger, especially 2, and 3. I actually quite liked Tekken 4, while I definitely prefer Tekken 3's move list for Jin, the one in Tekken 4 wasn't a huge departure (they really just replaced the animations for moves, a lot of his move list commands remained the same).

I still think Jun is the best character in the series, her move list is ridiculous, and I believe she was the first person with the ability to parry/counter grapple, and I just ruin the shit out of people with her combos, she's awesome. I realise Asuka Kazama is just a copy paste of her move list, but it's just not the same, they should never have killed off Jun.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I love Tag Tournament! I'm hoping when Tag Tournament 2 comes out it's as good.

My two favourite characters in the series so far have been Jun, and Jin, so being able to play as them both in Tekken Tag was really a nice touch for me. Also Tekken ball, and Tekken bowling >>>>>>>> Tekken Force.

I feel ya man, I spent countless hours playing Tekken when I was younger, especially 2, and 3. I actually quite liked Tekken 4, while I definitely prefer Tekken 3's move list for Jin, the one in Tekken 4 wasn't a huge departure (they really just replaced the animations for moves, a lot of his move list commands remained the same).

I still think Jun is the best character in the series, her move list is ridiculous, and I believe she was the first person with the ability to parry/counter grapple, and I just ruin the shit out of people with her combos, she's awesome. I realise Asuka Kazama is just a copy paste of her move list, but it's just not the same, they should never have killed off Jun.
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait. They're making a Tag 2??? ... And I came.

I know exactly what you mean about Jun/Asuka. I hate Christie and LOVE Eddy (really, I'd marry him in a heartbeat). Plus Eddy's story seemed so promising. Then they went and shat all over it by replacing him with titties.

My character of choice is Lee. He wasn't great in the early titles, but he rocks house now. Characters that used to be awesome but have been 'tarded up include Nina, King, Law, Hwoarang, and Tetsujin even though they really just got rid of her instead of fucking her up.

Question: are you excited for Tekken X Street Fighter?
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait. They're making a Tag 2??? ... And I came.
    Take a look on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2

p.s. Hwoarang kicks ass for me. If you learn his movements,you will be fucking invincible...
    Last edited by Defender; 03-27-2012 at 10:51 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Take a look on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2

p.s. Hwoarang kicks ass for me. If you learn his movements,you will be fucking invincible...
    1. Killer
    2. Hwoarang was best in 3. It's been a downward spiral since in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    Question: are you excited for Tekken X Street Fighter?
    Sortakinda. I love both series, so it should be some kind of dream game for me, but it's kind of annoying that Street Fighter have released about 3 different iterations of SFIV, already, and Street Fighter X Tekken just looks like another one with a few Tekken characters slapped in. I'll probably play it, maybe I'll even really dig it, I'm open minded, but not hugely excited.

Hwoarang can be brilliantly used, but he's also too easy to use if you're a noob that just spams kick combos over and over. Baek was a much more well rounded version of Hwoarang.