Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Cody, Mark of the Ninja was in the humble bundle last week. Should always keep on eye on those. And yeah, I played Hotline Miami. I loved everything about it except the ending. Can't wait for the sequel.

Nieh, I played it for another hour and finally got to a couple pig monsters scenes. They ended up disappointing me too a bit.

[semi gameplay non-plot spoilers] They're pretty slow and you can take a decent amount of damage from them before dying. You don't really have to hide from them and they just chase you until you get to a door
    [/end]

I still intend to finish it because it has an interesting atmosphere, but I've given up on it giving me the same Dark Descent experience.

ahhh, I totally forgot about that. I even remember seeing it now, with Fez and Bastion. Oh well, I can probably find someone selling the bundle for like $10.
    I wrote a four word letter.

GTAV is pretty damn amazing so far.

FYI for anyone who is playing Grand Theft Auto 5 pick option C at the end don't make the same mistake I did

i am playing fifa 13 . it is awsome game and great new tactics and skills in it. Messi is superb in it.

How's the story? Does it continue directly from FIFA 1 or is it a standalone?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I loved Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It's about a two brothers going on a journey to find a special cure for their sick dad in a fairytale-like world. You can tell ICO was obviously a huge influence in the way it told its story. Gameplay-wise, it was kept rather simple, but I think that was done on purpose as to not distract away from the journey too much. And visually it's an absolutely gorgeous game.

On a keyboard, it was kind of awkward because you had to control the two separate brothers with separate keys (WASD and arrows) so you needed to be a bit ambidextrous. I guess it was meant to be played on a gamepad (couldn't find mine), but it wasn't too bad.
    Last edited by Jebus; 10-04-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Path of Exile. Just started playing it about an hour ago. Hugely impressed so far.

Should also note that I played a demo of Diablo 3 first. I wasn't feeling that at all so I decided to try Path of Exile.

It seems to be everything I had hoped Diablo 3 would be. And it's completely free. Amazing. If you enjoyed the first two Diablo games you need to try this. It also seems like practically any machine could run it because my friend is playing it on his shitty netbook that can barely handle youtube videos.

I'm also playing Spartacus Legends on the 360. Another free game. It's nothing compared to PoE but for a free game it's pretty fun for a while.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

So I just played Gone Home. It' not so much a "game" as it is as 3d point and click interactive story type of thing. The general description I had found online before playing it was more or less "A girl who comes home and finds her entire family missing." For some some reason I was expecting a sort of scooby doo mystery game in a haunted house. I was way off. You explore your house and find random letters and other objects, which slowly paints a picture of your family and the events that took place while you were gone. Without giving plot spoilers, it's basically a young adult story and all that jazz that usually entails young adult fiction. The story is actually quite ordinary. If it was told in a tv show/film context, I wouldn't be impressed. But I ended up really enjoying it because of the format it was presented in made it felt like something different.

Here's a good review with no spoilers.
    Last edited by Jebus; 10-13-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Beyond: Two Souls has had a great and interesting story so far, but I'm not sure how I feel about the game play. The mechanics are pretty cool, but it's very restrictive, kind of like The Walking Dead game.