Page 130 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

I've been playing Blood Dragon. This. Game. Is. Amazing. My only regret is that its not a full-game, just a stand-alone expansion. (If you're a 20s-30s something sci-fi nerd who grew up watching sci-fi action through the 80s/90s you'll love this game.) i mean goddamn, Michael Biehn voices the main character! Even the soundtrack is a tongue in cheek homage to 80s soundtracks. If you can, get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Didn't get around to Blood Dragon yet. Played most of Far Cry 3 though and really enjoyed it. Blood Dragon, obviously, sounds like a dream come true. The kind you wake up from feeling all sticky.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

1 members appreciate this post.

I just finished playing Magic The Gathering 2014 with PiB, all you cool kids should join us. (On steam I'm afraid.)

I did unusually well, batting far higher than my average. Which means PiB must be fucking awful, cause I don't believe in luck or coincidences, especially not in card games.

Then there was my humiliating defeat where the only damage done to PiB was by PiB himself, just to rub it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

We had something like 5 games. In one of them I managed to accidentally cast a lava axe on myself instead of Per. That should have been game over. Instead, it was the only game I won. So yeah, I did a bit shit, but there was some weird things going on. And all the games were fun.

Per, I've built a green deck myself now. It's great. I'm loving 2014 because so far I really enjoy every deck.

In the good old days there would have been enough cool gamers here to start a bbs magic league or at least a tournament. That would be fun.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    We had something like 5 games. In one of them I managed to accidentally cast a lava axe on myself instead of Per. That should have been game over. Instead, it was the only game I won. So yeah, I did a bit shit, but there was some weird things going on. And all the games were fun.

Per, I've built a green deck myself now. It's great. I'm loving 2014 because so far I really enjoy every deck.

In the good old days there would have been enough cool gamers here to start a bbs magic league or at least a tournament. That would be fun.
    Give me the WE and I'll join you. Be prepared. I'm a great wizard.

(Or I used to be... last time I played was in 2001 )

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I...don't know what a "WE" is. I even tried googling to figure it out. I'm bracing myself to look foolish.

But if you're serious (and I hope you are) just download Steam (it's free) then search within Steam for Magic 2014. Should be about 8 euro.

You unlock decks by playing the single player campaign and then you unlock new cards for those decks by winning games with them. Though you can also purchase an unlock key that gives you full access to a single deck immediately. These are quite cheap. Probably like a euro each. There's an expansion pack with more decks and another single player campaign and then something called Deck Pack 1 which gives you access to two more decks. All of these things are really cheap if you want them but if you don't want them you don't need them necessarily.

There's also a sealed deck game mode in which you are given booster packs with supposedly random cards and get to make your deck from scratch. In all other modes you play with a pre-built deck but they all come with a lot of cards that you will want to leave out so you can still personalize each deck a lot.

I just built my first sealed deck and won my first 4/5 games online with it.

Week end ;-) i already have steak, ill be there soon !

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Here's my Steam profile for anyone who wants to add me.

Still waiting to hear back on this:

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    How does one go about obtaining new packs of cards in the Magic video game? Do you have to take in-game part-time jobs to earn extra cash like working at a comic book store or mowing the neighbor's lawns or shoveling snow or having rich parents?
    Not sure I'm interested in playing Magic specifically, but I'm adding you as a friend on Steam.

Josh, you're too witty for your own good I'm afraid. I didn't realize there was a serious question in there.

Basically the game is played with pre-designed decks containing loads of cards. You then cut the size down to 60 cards by choosing which ones you want to play with. And that's it. No buying new cards. Which means nobody gets an unfair advantage. No pay-to-win. Just good honest fun. Everybody has the same basic card pool to play with and it comes down to figuring out which cards work well together and compliment your style then playing with skill, craftiness and luck.

The sealed deck mode is different, like I said before, and you can purchase new deck slots for it. Each deck slot comes with loads of booster packs that can only be used with that deck slot. So you still don't buy new cards really and the game stays pretty balanced.

I'm basically just trying to assure you that the game is in no way a money-sink. Try the demo and see what you think.