Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Wow, I somehow never heard of that before but you're right, it really is Age of Empires II with a Star Wars theme.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I am just hang up with assassins creed the pirates.. Visit kullu manali Best packages in manali

GTA V is amazing. Truly a stunning achievement.

Ciaran, if you ever see this, what's your opinion of GTA V after hating GTA IV?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

What are you playing on, Richard?
    I wrote a four word letter.

360, unfortunately. I'd rather play it on PS3 but my housemate decided to get it on xbox instead. That might be a good thing I guess if it goes like the last one and Sony have to wait years for the DLC. But it means I can't play online without shelling out for Gold.

ah bummer, I have a PS3.

Just finished GTA V and for some reason I feel underwhelmed. A lot of great things in this game but something didn't quite click for me. Like the story never quite hit top gear. And there really weren't any stand-out supporting characters or antagonists. They clearly listened to criticism that the missions in GTA IV were all too similar because the missions in this were very varied and creative but then they went really straightforward and obvious on the plot. The GTA series is my favourite gaming series and although this entry is a technical marvel I think I'm going to have to say I enjoyed it less than most.

I hope they do some awesome DLC for this amazing world they've made. I want something at least as ambitious as the DLC for IV.

They have single player DLC planned to come out early this year, I guess. Also, heists are coming sometime, those should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    GTA V is amazing. Truly a stunning achievement.

Ciaran, if you ever see this, what's your opinion of GTA V after hating GTA IV?
    Just seeing this now that you told me to come to the thread!

GTAV was a fucking phenominal game. Just like you said though, I was just ever so slightly underwhelmed by the story. The story was pretty great, and the three characters angle was implemented better than I ever imagined it would have been, but yeah never quite hit top gear on the story front. The main 3 characters were the only interesting ones though, and being set in San Andreas I wish there had have been some more references to San Andreas. The soundtrack stood out as well. If GTAIV was the colour beige made into a game (which it was) GTAV is what I imagine Liberace's house looked like.

On a technical level it might be the greatest game ever made. The cars have racing game mechanics, the shooting has action game mechanics, even the mini games have sports games mechanics, and the map is fucking enormous. An amazing technical achievement.

As for Assassins Creed IV though I haven't played it yet. It looks brilliant, and I fucking loved AC3, but Ubisoft need to learn that one year is not enough of a break between games. I'm gunna wait until I buy a PS4 to buy ACIV.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 01-30-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    As for Assassins Creed IV though I haven't played it yet. It looks brilliant, and I fucking loved AC3, but Ubisoft need to learn that one year is not enough of a break between games. I'm gunna wait until I buy a PS4 to buy ACIV.
    Oh man, you're going to love it so much. I haven't played AC3 yet though I did watch my flatmate play it. I may still give it a go because Black Flag has inspired me for it now. Waiting until you get a PS4 is probably a great move. Good luck with the waiting though.

I've downloaded loads of shanties since playing that game, including the entire soundtrack of the game. I can't get enough. Shanties are amazing. It also inspired me to actually learn some of the history surrounding the golden age of piracy and I was so fucking impressed when I realized that a lot of Black Flag is pretty damn accurate and most of the people you meet were real. Brilliant.

I'm happy that our opinions on GTA V are near identical. I was always slightly saddened that we diverged on IV.

Once in Portland (Oregon) I was downtown at about 10pm walking to work when I passed a drunk guy in the street yelling "did you see the size of that god damn chicken?" and it put me in a good mood for like a fucking week. That's how great Young Guns is. So great it can only be accurately expressed in pleasurable anecdotes.