Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure I'll avoid any DLC for Dragon Age 1, in lieu of that, I'll put any money I would have put towards buying DLC, towards buying Dragon Age 2 eventually. I have a couple of quick questions...I guess spoilers for anyone that hasn't played DA are ahead.

Question number 1: I've just gone back to Denerim after having finally gotten all of the allies agreeing to join me, and then freed the Queen from her kidnapping (I met Howe, how awesome is Tim Curry?). I saved it because it's getting late, and work cuts into my gaming hours, but I guess next up is calling the Landsmeet? How close is this to the end of the main campaign? I'm guessing it pretty much is the end?
    The landsmeet, and then some epic battle? Right? Without giving anything away, just let me know if I'm really close to finishing, I only want to know because I actually want to take part in a lot of the sidequests, and maybe do a little bit of trophy hunting, so if the main quest is about to finish I'd better get around to doing those now before I go any further with that.

Other question: I haven't really looked at Dragon Age 2 at all, but I know it's not a direct continuation of the story in Origins , right? How loose of a sequel is it? Is it set in Ferelden or one of the other lands we hear about but don't see? Are there any recurring characters? and most importantly is there an option at the start to load DA1 save data, and will that affect the story?
    Try to keep it as spoiler free as possible, but I thank you in advance for the answers.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

MADDEN 12

Every fucking year.

It never ends.

Seriously, Every Fucking Year.

Atleast the gameplay isn't as bad. Tackling is way better. Unlike previous years where one guy would initiate a tackle, and the next five would just brush against the ballcarier as he gained 5 yards (or broke away for a 77 yard TD) this year you can assist on tackles.

Also, for the first time in 20 years, speed isn't everything. I play as the bucs and you can actually throw deep with guys below 90 speed, and power backs do something. I have legarette blount, 98 trucking. Last year I traded for Jonathen Stewart. 98 trucking meant nothing. This year, we're shaking fucking tackles.

I used to always play all-madden, but since last year that meant your team got worse, not theirs got better. So instead of their Db's making great plays, your QB throws balls into the dirt when there's no pressure and the guy's WIDE open. Frustrating. So what I've been doing is playing my guys at nuetral(50) and their guys better.

This year, interceptions happen a lot more often. Coverage is acutally good, it'll take some adjusting to.

So why the frustration?

Trades. I try to stay realistic. If they don't accept the trade, no matter how ridiculous my offer is, I don't make it. this year, teams are very reluctant to trade with you at all.

Secondly, their big deal is future draft picks. Well, they really fucked that up. I get the feeling they just make this game with like 2 guys who've never watched a single NFL game and don't know anyting about it. On draft day, you can offer two first round picks next year and this years second round pick to move up one spot in the second round of the draft. And they will decline. However, when you make a trade, next years picks have almost no value. The fucking game isn't fun when it isn't challenging. I shouldn't be able to trade away a few guys I signed for nothing out of free agency for 5 1st rounder in next years draft. It makes Franchise mode boring

Their scouting sucks. Basically, you can scout out one, maybe two positions and find your guys. For the other five picks? Just blindly pick busts. There's literally nothing to go on.

Development. Not as bad as before, but still, quarterbacks don't develop. In real life QB's are 50% of your team. In madden, it's much more. Josh Fucking Freeman doesn't develop from his third to fourth year, after a 100+ qb rating and a pro bowl season? Really, at 23 he's gotten as good as it gets? Go fuck yourself.

Like every year, I'll probably simulate the draft and cheat, but give up something big in exchange to 'make it legitimate'. Like every year, I'll probably cheat to make it realistic, and decide what I need to give up in exchange to make it real on my end. Like every year, I'll be frustrated and pissed off and want to choke somebody at EA sports and ask them, WHY didn't you actually test this game before using it? Clearly you just shit this thing out and threw it on the shelves.

Every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    You... didn't like the first one? I wasn't sure that was even possible.
    I enjoyed it too a point i suppose. I found myself becoming disinterested. Maybe i have ADD
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    the Fade would be an extremely tedious, room after room of solo fights, but those shape shifting abilities actually made it a lot of fun.
    Yeah I didn't think I was going to like that part but thanks to the shapeshifting it became one of my favorite parts of the game.

I totally get that. It almost really feels like Alistair is the second main character, as if he should be there for all the important events. Right now I'm in the deep roads, and it's the first time I've had him out of my party, because I wanted to test out the new Dwarf warrior in his place.
    Exactly. On my first play I think that's the only time I took Alistair out. It just seemed like Ass-Chaps should be there. If you don't know why I always think of him as Ass-Chaps just keep talking to him in camp.

Oh he was fucking awesome in an Episode of Angel too actually. I don't know if you'll remember, but Matthias Pavayne? That was him. I'm impressed that I didn't have to google that, I just remembered because I was really excited when I found out Simon Templeman was going to be in Angel.
    I was a pretty casual viewer when it came to Angel so unfortunately I don't have a clue who that character was. I tried to find a video of it but failed.

Oh, man. Definitely. I was really suprised in that the humour in this game is....actually...funny. Something games almost always fail to be.
    Definitely. I can't think of anything else that comes close. Some games, like Red Dead, manage to be pretty amusing but DA is consistently genuinely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Both of you, PiB and Coneman, seem to consider Alistair as a non-replaceable tank guy, have you tried Shale?
    I didn't find Shale to be as effective for me. And while Shale is an interesting character Alistair is just far more interesting and entertaining. Like Coney said, Alistair feels like a second main. So since I also thought he was a perfect tank there wasn't much chance of me replacing him. Even on multiple plays I just loved Alistair too much. He's probably my favorite supporting character in any game.

I guess next up is calling the Landsmeet? How close is this to the end of the main campaign? I'm guessing it pretty much is the end?
    The landsmeet, and then some epic battle? Right?
    Pretty much. Let's just say you'll definitely be caught up in the main story at that point and should do any side quests first.

I'm sad you aren't going to be doing Wardens Keep or Return to Ostagar. They're so fun. Do you even have Shale? I know that's DLC but I think it's free DLC.

Other question: I haven't really looked at Dragon Age 2 at all, but I know it's not a direct continuation of the story in Origins , right? How loose of a sequel is it? Is it set in Ferelden or one of the other lands we hear about but don't see? Are there any recurring characters? and most importantly is there an option at the start to load DA1 save data, and will that affect the story?
    Try to keep it as spoiler free as possible, but I thank you in advance for the answers.
    It's quite difficult to keep this spoiler free so I'll just say you'll be playing primarily in a different land but the events during the Blight initiate all the events in the sequel. There are a ton of recurring characters, some minor and some, well, not so minor. There is indeed an option to import an Origins save file and, as you can imagine, this can make a lot of difference in the world.

DA2 is very similar and yet very different. The graphics got an overhaul and personally I preferred the original look but you get used to the new look eventually. The combat feels more action-packed and fast paced which I finally came to approve of. The dialogue is now done through a wheel in the same way as Mass Effect 2 and your character actually speaks. You don't get to pick a voice but your character adopts a personality based on the type of responses you most commonly make. I didn't even realize that my first time through. My guy ended up sarcastic/witty and I didn't even realize that was because of my own choices. Kinda cool. You also get personality specific options sometimes. Like if you've developed an aggressive personality you may get a special intimidating line to use. Interaction with companions is quite different too which is good in some ways and bad in others. You can't talk to companions at just any moment anymore. Instead each companion has a home or a base, a location they return to when not in your party and only there can you initiate conversation. You also cannot have the same conversation repeatedly. This is disappointing in some ways but overall it makes them feel much more real. One really nice thing though is that companions interact far more with each other now. They'll chat a LOT while in a party together and there's a lot of interesting conflict between characters. You'll also encounter them hanging out together sometimes while not in a party with you.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Right now, catching up on pokemon. I'm playing the Gold remake for my DS and I've also stumbled upon a online PokemonTCG that is in it's open beta. It's actually really fun.

At the start of the summer, I rebooted my WoW account to find that my guild broke up again. I really had nothing invested in the game anymore and really don't like the new content, do I just decided to quit for good.

Among all that, I'm still playing League of Legends. My friends and I have a team going and plan on competing in a tournament soon. I'm also eagerly awaiting Dota 2 as well. Kinda bored with League.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I was a pretty casual viewer when it came to Angel so unfortunately I don't have a clue who that character was. I tried to find a video of it but failed.
    Damn, I remember watching a bit of it on youtube before, it must be under the episode name, I'll put it on your facebook or something if I find it again.

Definitely. I can't think of anything else that comes close. Some games, like Red Dead, manage to be pretty amusing but DA is consistently genuinely funny.
    Rockstar are generally funny but it's usually just obscene/toilet humour, this had genuine funny moments that just made the characters seem more real, it was brilliantly done.

He's probably my favorite supporting character in any game.
    I'm seriously considering agreeing with this, maybe on playthrough 2.

Pretty much. Let's just say you'll definitely be caught up in the main story at that point and should do any side quests first.
    So I just made a double save and went and finished the main story, I simply couldn't wait any longer. I guess theres no point commenting on the ending because theres many of them I gather, but I seriously, seriously enjoyed this game. Just fantastic.

I'm sad you aren't going to be doing Wardens Keep or Return to Ostagar. They're so fun. Do you even have Shale? I know that's DLC but I think it's free DLC.
    Maybe I'll look into some of the DLC, especially if it's free, but I'm gunna take a break and play some other games now that I've finished this one once. I'm sure it won't be long before I want to see the other ending(s) though...

It's quite difficult to keep this spoiler free so I'll just say you'll be playing primarily in a different land but the events during the Blight initiate all the events in the sequel. There are a ton of recurring characters, some minor and some, well, not so minor. There is indeed an option to import an Origins save file and, as you can imagine, this can make a lot of difference in the world.
    Sold. I love that the continuity stretches to the next game. The only games I've ever seen do that before, and doing it with any real meaning was Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2 on the PS1. Also amazing games.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Oh, man. Definitely. I was really suprised in that the humour in this game is....actually...funny. Something games almost always fail to be. Alistair is definitely the medieval Wash/Xander
    Have you guys played anything by Double Fine, Telltale or the old LucasArts adventure games? I've heard DeathSpank by Hothead Games is pretty hilarious as well, though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Also, the campaign mode for ModNation Racers was a lot funnier than I was expecting.

I'm currently working through Amnesia: The Dark Descent and From Dust. The former has been pretty awesome, the latter has some gameplay quirks that I haven't quite gotten used to yet. It seems like a good game at its core, but it's hard for me to get absorbed into.
    Last edited by nieh; 09-11-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Have you guys played anything by Double Fine, Telltale or the old LucasArts adventure games?
    Not that I know of, but I may have without knowing. I've only paid attention to developers in recent years.

So I just made a double save and went and finished the main story, I simply couldn't wait any longer. I guess theres no point commenting on the ending because theres many of them I gather, but I seriously, seriously enjoyed this game. Just fantastic.
    Well I'm curious what major decisions you ended up making, if you feel like talking about it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Obviously massive spoilers ahead for anyone that plans to play Dragon Age and hasn't....
    Well I'm curious what major decisions you ended up making, if you feel like talking about it.
    For sure. I was hoping for a little compare and contrast session.
    Well the two that irk me that I didn't actually accomplish were leaving the dragon alive in the ruins where you find the sacred urn, and also leaving Flemeth alive. These were some of the things I wanted to do, but couldn't wait to finish the main campaign, but I have a save file from the Elven alienage so I assume I can go back and do those again. I tried at both the earliest stages to do these quests, but both dragons made very short work of me. May require a few levels up.

Going from memory some of the main decisions towards the end went like this.

I convinced Alistair and Anora to marry and rule together. I seen it as a fair compromise, because as much as Alistair hated the idea of becoming king, there was something terribly un trust worthy about Anora, I felt so anyway.

I went along with Morrigans ritual idea to save whichever Gray Warden finishes the Archdemon, which seemed to have worked of course, but I'm really interested to find out about the child she had, and I'm considering going into the Witch Hunt DLC to find out. As odd as it is, I kind of grew attatched to my Elven Rogue, and Alistair seemed to important to die since I knew I wanted him to become king after, so it seemed like the right thing to do. I can't help but feel the child is going to spawn the next blight though.

I'd guess that whatever way you choose to go in the game that the main character always takes the last blow? I could be wrong, but it seems that way.

What else...uhh...I killed Logain, but after the landsmeet I almost felt bad about it, Simon Templeman pulled out some of the greatest voice acting I've ever heard in a game during that scene, just awesome.

Something I found interesting, was that I obviously had a pretty low approval for Zevran, because one of his friends ambushed me and he betrayed me, I quick saved and tried every dialog option, but there was no way around it, he had to be dispatched. Bummer, I quite liked him. I even gave him some fancy Elven gloves. Though he was no longer a staple in my party, so it didn't bother me. I'll keep him happy next time.

I chose a reward from Alistair at the end when he asked if I wanted anything, I asked for land for the Dalish Elves. They seemed to have a rough hand in Ferelden, and being that I was a Dalish Elf it felt like thats what my character would do.

I think that's all the ones I remember for now, if there's any you're particularly curious about ask away.
    How about you? Have you played it multiple times?

Edit: Oh, one thing I wanted to mention which was the cause of some lulz/eyebrow raising, was that a bunch of the characters in this game had Irish names, and yet nobody seemed to know how to pronounce them. I'm guessing this wasn't deliberate, but at least it's set in a fantasy world and they can get away with it. But for example, the Irish name Eamon (Arl Eamon) is not pronounced eee-mon like in the game, it's pronounced aim-(like aiming a gun)-on. This name was pronoucned correctly once in the whole game, during the Landsmeet when Logain shouts Eamons name for some reason or another, he pronounced it correctly.

Also the Irish name Niall, is not pronounced nee-al, it's pronounced ni(like the first part of the river Nile)al.
    Just something I noticed. There was a few more, but it certaintly made using my own Irish name for my main character a little more feesible.

Edit number 2: I googled it (I'm extremely bored and alone in work) and found a small article pointing out the same thing http://mindbendingpuzzles.blogspot.c...es-should.html
    Last edited by mrconeman; 09-12-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Coholic View Post

Every year.
    I just wanted to add after reading this tirade, that while I'm not a sports fan, or a fan of sports games (I enjoy Fifa sometimes), that the reason these games don't develop is that EA force them out every single year. It's pathetic, and of course people buy that shit up like there's no tomorrow. I'm still playing Fifa 09.

One year is not, not, not, not, not, not, not long enough to develop and realise a full game without any issues. It's just not. It's just fucking not. I'm looking at you Activision and Call of Duty: Mediocre Warfare.

What EA sports should really do, if they wanted to ensure quality product, is release a Madden/Fifa/Whatever in one year, and then patch it with DLC for team and player updates, for literally 2, or 3, or 4 years. However the fuck long it takes to make some *ACTUAL* progress gameplay and visual wise.

Seriously, I've played Fifa 12, the only single difference between 09 and 12 is that the visuals are updated, the teams are updated to match real life, and it's slightly more tactical in choosing your strategy. This could all be done through patches/DLC.

I feel exactly the same about CoD: Modern Business Model. They literally haven't changed a god damn thing since Modern Warfare 1. MW3 looks exactly the same as MW1. For the company that's making the biggest selling game this generation that's simply not fucking good enough. I lost interest in CoD during Modern warfare 1 though, so I'm not the target audience (I.E I have an IQ above 30), but Jesus Christ, that game makes them millions of dollars they should keep it looking modern. I can't believe Battlefield 3 which looks stunning, gets compared to this mediocre bullshit.

/rant