Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Should have bought a console.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

My Battlefield 3 runs fine on ultra, better graphics than console, and it's 1080p. I plan on getting a PS3 soon, but this is one game I'd definitely prefer on PC.
    I wrote a four word letter.

So would everyone with eyes. But buying a PC and having to upgrade it so terribly often is not cheap, and extremely inconvenient for those of us without a tonne of expendable income.

I absolutely understand consoles will never keep up with PC's, but the convenience of paying *one* sum of money, and enjoying all of the latest games for the next 5-10 years (with this run of consoles) is so much easier than having to re-do your gaming rig every time something new comes out, it's ridiculous.

Is it worth the slight degredation in the graphics? Yes.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 10-29-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by killer_queen View Post
    Is Amnesia good? It seems to have a nice story but I couldn't be sure if it would be fun to play since it needs a lot of hiding instead of shooting and killing. And I'm kinda scared of being scared.
    If you like being scared, then yes, it's awesome (with a few minor quirks). But if you want shooting and killing you're not going to get it there, you have no weapons and can't fight back at all.

I didn't mean that I prefer PC for Battlefield because of graphics, it's just the kind of game I prefer to have a keyboard and mouse for. Very few people update their computer every time a game comes out, I'll probably be fine for 2 years or so. I think people also exaggerate how expensive computers are. Most people have a ~200 dollar desktop, if you put the cost of a console into upgrading your computer you could have a pretty decent $500 computer that does a lot more than just play games, it also has a near limitless library.

I'm not trying to start a console vs. PC war, I'm just saying 'Should have bought a console' was a pretty stupid thing to say.

killer_queen, I played the Amnesia demo and it terrified me. Like nieh said, there are not any weapons, there is really no fighting, and it's pants shittingly scary. If you do not like being scared, I definitely do not recommend it.

Just bought all the GTA games (minus GTA 4) through steam for 10 bucks. They were having a sale a couple of weekends ago. So far, I've only touched San Andreas.

Also recently got into a new hack and slash mmo called Dragon Nest. it's already. Pretty much a bastardized WoW with hack and slash mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post

I'm not trying to start a console vs. PC war, I'm just saying 'Should have bought a console' was a pretty stupid thing to say.
    Except in the case of someone who has a shitty PC, and could have bought a console that would run Battlefield 3, or a lot cheaper than he could have bought a PC that would do the same :/

If you put 300$ into upgrading your computer you could run Battlefield 3 and just about any game you want.

Processor

Video card

Memory

That said, I am definitely looking at a console. I am definitely looking at PS3 right now, what do you guys think? I hear it has problems with some games designed for 360 or PC, but it definitely has better exclusives than 360 (who the fuck cares about Gears of War and Halo?). Plus, it is a blu-ray player and has free multiplayer and online play.

That said, I am definitely looking at a console. I am definitely looking at PS3 right now, what do you guys think? I hear it has problems with some games designed for 360 or PC, but it definitely has better exclusives than 360 (who the fuck cares about Gears of War and Halo?). Plus, it is a blu-ray player and has free multiplayer and online play.
    Well, you sound like your mind is made up, and I'm pretty much the biggest Sony fan-boy on the forum, but the exclusives on the PS3 absolutely won the console war if you ask me.

It's true some games designed originally on the 360 run a little less pretty on PS3. Like Red Dead looks a little better on the Xbox, and Fallout has all sorts of problems on the PS3. However in 99% of games it's extremely minimal. That, and games designed on PS3 (exclusive games) look better than the Xbox is probably even capable of.
    If you put 300$ into upgrading your computer you could run Battlefield 3 and just about any game you want.
    So, dearer than a PS3/360 then? :P