Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Can we talk about Amnesia and how fucking terrifying it is? The developers have done what no director, developer, author, or any other person has been able to do to me in years. I actually screamed out loud in fear playing this game, I cannot remember the last time I did that.

SPOILER

I've only played the demo (which is just the invisible water monster) and the beginning of the actual game. I had just made it into the basement the other night and stopped playing. I was with two friends when I was playing the actual game, it was less terrifying, but not by a whole lot (I hadn't even made it to any monsters yet).
    Last edited by WebDudette; 11-03-2011 at 04:22 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I totally agree. I'm a bit of a pansy when it comes to scary things anyway - I didn't even like Silent Hill 2 all that much because it made me jittery - so Amnesia scared ten shades of shit out of me. I played it for probably.. 15 minutes, and I had to switch it off and walk away. It was utterly terrifying.

On a lighter note though, I finally got around to joining the crowd and got Modern Warfare 2 about a week ago, on Xbox. Shit me but how amazing is that game?
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

I m playing the fighting game everyday.

Skyrim, game of all years.
    I wrote a four word letter.

So I'm playing Terranigma. People have been recommending this one to me for years, now I'm finally rolling with it. So how is it so far?

Well, it's fun, but it's not as good as people say it is. The controls can be pretty clunky sometimes (it doesn't help that the in-game control guide is completely useless) and the dialogue often feels off. Might be a translation issue; this is SNES after all.

Have any of you ever played it?
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Crazy, I just started playing Terranigma last week! I'd only heard of it a couple of days before that. It is said to deal with heavy subjects, so I wanted to check it out. For the some reason, the game freaked out and froze just as I was saving my state, and I don't know if I want to start over. I really like the game so far.

Also, Skyrim. I'm not so sure if I like this one more than Morrowind or Oblivion yet. My TV is small as fuck, which seems to matter more with this game than the others. So I can't tell if that's part of it. But still, visually, there is no comparison. That new Creation Engine is dope.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I like Skyrim. But where in Oblivion I could sneak around and kill everything with a bow, in this game I need to stay on my toes and keep a good backup sword and shield with a good variety of spells as well. It actually makes it more fun though, because it forces you to diversify and think on your feet.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Crazy, I just started playing Terranigma last week! I'd only heard of it a couple of days before that. It is said to deal with heavy subjects, so I wanted to check it out. For the some reason, the game freaked out and froze just as I was saving my state, and I don't know if I want to start over. I really like the game so far.
    How far did you get? The towers at the beginning are pretty easy to redo. I know because I kept having to backtrack because I'm an idiot :|
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Heh, I didn't want to say because it is probably really simple to redo, but I was just in the middle of the first tower. I think I'll go ahead and start over. Why'd you have to keep backtracking, by the way?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Yeah, it'll probably be faster now that you don't need to do the whole "talk to everyone until something happens" again.

Also, is there a way to actually give the vase to your mom? Whatever I do, it just gets thrown and then she gets pissed.

EDIT: Oh, just saw your question. Some of the later towers have annoying puzzles that force you to go back if you mess up (protip: get an ice ring from the magistore before tower 2, and don't go into the light at the end of tower 5.) Tower 4 is definitely the most annoying, its layout is very confusing and it doesn't explain how to walk on the tightropes (just keep pressing forward, don't try to balance even though the game makes you think you should.)
    Last edited by ThunderPX; 11-16-2011 at 03:04 PM.