Page 113 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Well first of all, awesome price.

Second, I'm glad I got the package. Otherwise, I don't think it would've been worth it. I haven't cracked open the soundtrack yet, but I'm sure it's just a standard Tekken soundtrack. It came with a nice book, too. It discusses Tekken and the characters a bit and the gameplay a bit and a picture here and there. The movie that came with it was actually good. I watched it last night and was very satisfied. The only characters with fight scenes are Xiaoyu, Alisa, Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Panda sorta, Nina, and Anna. But other characters make little cameos, too - Lee (<3), Ganryu, Lei, Mokujin. Anyway, I liked it. The HD Tag remake was nice. Got me back to my roots and all. But then I tried the Tag 2 Prologue. While it was fun to play with the new graphics and everything, I was let down. You can only play as Xiaoyu, Alisa, Devil Jin, or Devil Kazuya. And your only opponents are those same characters matched up differently. No ending movie. No other play modes. There's a model viewer where you can look at the four characters doing... random preset movements. The win here was the movie and the HD Tag.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Yeah, I checked out videos of the demo, and was disappointed with the character selection, they should have had a way more obvious tag team selection in there for that, seriously. I mean like a Jin and Jun vs Heihachi and Lee or something. Those guys are too high profile for a demo, but you get me.

The movie does come with the standard game though, so I'm excited for that too, though I'm definitely watching it for more campy fun than any kind of intellectual adventure, obviously, haha.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I pre-ordered Diablo 3 yesterday. I also spent a lot of time squealing like a little girl. That is all.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There's a carnival near the place I live in.
    Just played arcades Daytona USA 2 for the first time ever :P
    A lot of fun.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Minecraft...just because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I like blowing up mountains, and making canals. I dont like making pickaxes. :/

Oh, and Fifa 11. OCSWA!!
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    I pre-ordered Diablo 3 yesterday. I also spent a lot of time squealing like a little girl. That is all.
    My roommate played the Diablo 3 demo during the free weekend and the game looked solid, or rather, like a continuation of what Diablo 2 was doing correctly a decade ago. It's pretty cool they brought back Deckard Cain.

I've beening playing Fallout: New Vegas for months now and have been considering picking up the Ultimate Edition. Chandler Bing being the voice of Benny is awesome and after reading a lot of the Fallout wiki I've become pretty engrossed with the storyline of the Courier.

Quote Originally Posted by will2k View Post
    My roommate played the Diablo 3 demo during the free weekend and the game looked solid, or rather, like a continuation of what Diablo 2 was doing correctly a decade ago. It's pretty cool they brought back Deckard Cain.
    Yeah, I had my hands on the beta for the past three weeks or so. After a playthrough with every class, I can say that it won't disappoint. The replay value, the storyline, the game mechanics.. everything just blows all other games out of the water. Warcraft/WoW might be Blizzard's most lucrative investment, but the Diablo series will always be my favorite. I wasted my junior and senior years of high school and my freshman year at college enjoying the second game.

Warcraft/WoW might be Blizzard's most lucrative investment
    I know several games have claimed to be the "WoW-Killer" and fallen flat on their ass (Rift, Conan, Warhammer) but the game has really declined in content and population as of late. I started playing during Vanilla but WoW has absolutely zero draw at this point for anyone save the staunchest of fanboys. So WoW will inevitably be the WoW-Killer and hopefully Blizzard can scoop up the fallout with releases like D3.

Quote Originally Posted by will2k View Post
    I know several games have claimed to be the "WoW-Killer" and fallen flat on their ass (Rift, Conan, Warhammer) but the game has really declined in content and population as of late. I started playing during Vanilla but WoW has absolutely zero draw at this point for anyone save the staunchest of fanboys. So WoW will inevitably be the WoW-Killer and hopefully Blizzard can scoop up the fallout with releases like D3.
    Well first, I don't think games claimed to be WoW-killers. I think that WoW-haters called new games WoW-killers. Also, people that played WoW claimed new games as being this. My one friend said this about every single new game that would come out. I think it's comparable to religious nut-jobs. Sure, you can love God and Jesus and your religion, but holy fuck balls there's a new inevitable apocalypse every year.

I played WoW since Vanilla, too. Loved it. Then BC came out, and I loved that even harder. Then Wrath... Then this dragon guy... Soon Pandas. I'll be honest. I played through Wrath and most of Cata. But as soon as they announce Mists of Pandaria, I cut my losses, canceled my account, and looked into SWtoR.

Well first, I don't think games claimed to be WoW-killers. I think that WoW-haters called new games WoW-killers. Also, people that played WoW claimed new games as being this. My one friend said this about every single new game that would come out. I think it's comparable to religious nut-jobs. Sure, you can love God and Jesus and your religion, but holy fuck balls there's a new inevitable apocalypse every year.

I played WoW since Vanilla, too. Loved it. Then BC came out, and I loved that even harder. Then Wrath... Then this dragon guy... Soon Pandas. I'll be honest. I played through Wrath and most of Cata. But as soon as they announce Mists of Pandaria, I cut my losses, canceled my account, and looked into SWtoR.
    I have a bunch of friends, some RL friends, other friends from over WoW that I keep in contact with, and they all say that SWtoR kinda sucks after you've leveled your first character. I didn't play it because I don't want to play subscription based games anymore, which is why I quit WoW to begin with.