Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I just finished Bastion for the first time, I'm nearly speechless. I'd buy all of my friends a copy if I thought they would play it.

The art direction is amazing, the soundtrack is perfect, the combat is fun, the story is fantastic, it's challenging, gorgeous, the narration (oh god that narration), and there is just so much to do for such a relatively small game. I don't think I have a single bad thing to say about it.

I really can't do the game justice, lease check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY97XgvQmDw

I cannot recommend this game highly enough, it's near perfect.
    It really is freaking awesome. I haven't finished it yet, but what I've seen is very good.

I'm getting kind of into old stuff...GTA IV and Need for Speed Shift on the PS3. Also, I'm starting Rayman (the original) on my PS1.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

How anyone can refer to anything released for the PS3 as old is beyond me.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 06-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

RAYMAN PS1.
    Do you want me bustin out my Master System?

Also, GTA IV is kinda old (Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3 have since come out). Also, Shift 2 is out.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Yeah, I'd say the PS1 is literally only coming into the "old school" area now. GTA IV is not an old game. It's a game for the current pinnacle of console technology. How is that old? Yes Rockstar have made two games since, is everything that gets a sequel instantly old? I wouldn't think so.

It came out at the beginning of the cycle sure, I wouldn't call it new, but putting GTA IV into your definition of "old games" is beyond me.

You wanna go old school, play a NES.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Rockstar made 3...and announced GTA V.
    GAT IV is not the pinnacle of technology. It was when it came out...4 years ago.

NES? No thank you. I'm a SEGA dude!
    You wanna go old school? 2600...

Calling GTA IV old school is absolutely absurd. If you want to play old school, I'll sell you my original GTA for PS1. Saying GTA IV is old school is like saying any Madden/NHL/FIFA/etc. game is old school after the next year's installment comes out.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    Rockstar made 3...and announced GTA V.
    GAT IV is not the pinnacle of technology. It was when it came out...4 years ago.
    See now you're twisting my words. I did not say GTAIV was the pinnacle of technology. I said: "It's a game for the current pinnacle of console technology". Huge difference there friend. PS3 and 360 are the current generation, the current pinnacle of console hardware. Any game for those two systems (or current tech PC's of course) that isn't a re-release is just not even close to being old school. You're wrong. I'd even disagree that GTAIV was the pinnacle of technology when it came out 4 years ago. I was underwhelmed with it when I got it.

and yes, the Atari 2600 is old school. Sega, Nes, and Snes are old school. GTA IV is not. Also what IF said.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

For some reason, i dont quiet know why..im playing Super Mario Wii, and Empire Earth 2.
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    See now you're twisting my words. I did not say GTAIV was the pinnacle of technology. I said: "It's a game for the current pinnacle of console technology". Huge difference there friend. PS3 and 360 are the current generation, the current pinnacle of console hardware. Any game for those two systems (or current tech PC's of course) that isn't a re-release is just not even close to being old school. You're wrong. I'd even disagree that GTAIV was the pinnacle of technology when it came out 4 years ago. I was underwhelmed with it when I got it.

and yes, the Atari 2600 is old school. Sega, Nes, and Snes are old school. GTA IV is not. Also what IF said.
    Of course I'm twisting your words...you did the same...from old stuff you went to old school!
    And I get your point of view, it's current gen. But it's an older game, it's not a 2012 novelty.
    Rayman on the other hand...

IF - I have the original GTA on the PS1.

Both of you learn to read properly...it's a mindfuck when words get twisted.