Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    IF - I have the original GTA on the PS1.
    Then play it. It's exponentially better than any of the newer GTA pieces of shit.
    I would spread the cloths under your feet: but I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Isolated Fury View Post
    Then play it. It's exponentially better than any of the newer GTA pieces of shit.
    I finished I and III. Eventually I'll get II for the Dreamcast. Now it's time for IV!
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

So findout is pretty much retarded. Discussion moot.

The original GTA is much better than IV. IV is definitely the worst GTA game. Though I would have Vice City at the top of that list.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

IV might be the worst one, but I still sort of enjoyed it. Though personally I enjoyed Saint's Row 2 and 3 a lot more. They've come a long way since starting out as another GTA clone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Yeah, I mean being the worst GTA game doesn't make you completely bad. It wasn't an awful game, it just wasn't great. I had a lot of issues with it anyway.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I understand. It felt like a tech demo for something that should have been greater. But everything was just so gray and humorless. Hence why I prefer the newer Saints Row games. I feel like those are what GTA should have been. Well, SR2 anyway. 3 was probably a bit too over the top, even for GTA. But I still enjoyed the heck out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

i love gta 4 i thought it was way better than san andreas

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    But everything was just so gray and humorless.
    And that right there is my main issue with it. It was good on a technical level, it had the makings of a great game, the controls and mechanics are fine, some of the missions were great even, but it felt like an outline stencil drawing of a GTA game. Absolutely no personality, and the characters were awfully boring. Well I liked that one rasta guy, but my God Niko and Roman were so annoying.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 06-18-2012 at 09:34 PM.

So I'm replaying Final Fantasy XIII, and wow am I surprised so far.

XIII was a game I was incredibly excited for, bought the week of release, and played for a few days before trading it in. I wanted to like it and thought the combat system had seeds of greatness in it, but overall I was left unimpressed with Square Enix's inattention to voice acting and general tidiness, as well as a battle system I felt was clunky.

Fifteen hours into the new one in three days and I can tell you:

This game is awesome, and my replay has absolutely blown me away. Sure, there's the standard Final Fantasy X cheesy acting, but in much the same way, if you accept it the character's motivations soon move from simple and predictable to fraught with attempts to prove themselves to each other and general existential confusion. So far they haven't let it get too far and it totally works.

And I'd like to officially revise my opinion of the Paradigm system - aside from one small caveat. The tutorial claims that paradigm switches - like item uses - are instant. But we all know they aren't and it annoys me to bust out an item only to have my party wiped out. Crystal points should be used sparingly if at all, mostly to strengthen one paradigm pairing, and then it's all a win from there.

Otherwise, I have to say - easily my re-played surprise of the year. Let go of what Final Fantasy before X was and remember what made that particular one (and select parts of XII) great, and it's very easy to buy what these guys tried to make.
    Last edited by T-6005; 06-18-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    So findout is pretty much retarded. Discussion moot.

The original GTA is much better than IV. IV is definitely the worst GTA game. Though I would have Vice City at the top of that list.
    WTF? Fuck you and your ginger pubes!
    The only retarded thing I have is my ejaculation super-powers!
    Haven't you got anything better to do with your time?
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.