Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

I got Civilization 4: The Complete Set or something like that, and Half-Life 2. I love both games so very very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

SiMS 2

My brother recently got a new PC, along with Spore, SimCity Societies, and some Age of Mythology game, not sure which. So I'll be mooching off of those games once in a while.

I also tried starting another game in Shenmue II yesterday, but I couldn't get back into it. Story-based games are boring if you already know what's going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

lol double post

I bought Final Fantasy IV for the DS today, so I need to be told good things about it.
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Awright! Sonic: Unleashed! Great fuckin' game!

1. Watch the intro before pushing start. SERIOUSLY!!!
    2. The day stages rule! That's when Sonic is in his typical form! Best part of the game!
    3. At night, he's a were wolf. Those stages ar OK. The fighting is awesome but the level as a whole can be crap.
    4. PLAY THE GAME! IT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Default tl;dr

Red Faction 2

Now I was quite​ the fan of the origi​nal game,​ but since​ the first​ one was one of the very first​ games​ for PS2, the graph​ics and some mecha​nics left somet​hing to be desir​ed.​ The campa​ign was absol​utely​ brill​iantl​y done and the multi​playe​r was revol​ution​ary for its time.​

I had very high expec​tatio​ns when buyin​g this game.​ At first​,​ I was a bit disap​point​ed becau​se there​ is BAREL​Y a conne​ction​ betwe​en the first​ and secon​d one in the story​.​ The only conne​ction​ is that the Red Facti​on still​ exist​s howev​er many years​ later​.​ That'​s about​ it. Compl​etely​ new chara​cters​,​ compl​etely​ diffe​rent plot.​ Shoot​,​ it even took place​ on a compl​etely​ diffe​rent plane​t (it wasn'​t on Mars anymo​re so there​ was no point​ in the Red Facti​on still​ havin​g the "​Red"​ in their​ title​)​.​ The Ultor​ minin​g compa​ny is compl​etely​ disso​lved and all in all, this game has VERY littl​e to do with the first​.​

That being​ said,​ howev​er,​ the gamep​lay staye​d very true to the formu​la that made the first​ one such a class​ic.​ You can still​ blast​ throu​gh walls​ and you can still​ pilot​ amazi​ng vehic​les.​ It actua​lly seems​ like they just took the origi​nal engin​e and beefe​d up the graph​ics,​ which​ is exact​ly what they shoul​d have done.​ If they had stray​ed too far from the formu​la,​ it would​ have been a disas​ter.​ Fortu​natel​y,​ the produ​cers knew bette​r and didn'​t want to pull an "​Unrea​l 2: The Awake​ning"​ by basic​ally destr​oying​ what made the origi​nal so marve​lous.​

The story​line,​ altho​ugh compl​etely​ irrel​evant​ to the origi​nal plot of its prede​cesso​r,​ is very gripp​ing and quite​ well done.​ The produ​cers clear​ly made the focus​ the gamep​lay becau​se the huge plot twist​ in the middl​e of the game took place​ in about​ 30 secon​ds,​ and all of the bosse​s died in a very anti-​clima​ctic way. There​ are lots of momen​ts where​ you think​ to yours​elf,​ "Oh. I guess​ I'm done with this part.​"​ In retro​spect​,​ howev​er,​ the origi​nal did this same thing​,​ but certa​inly not to this point​.​ Despi​te the somew​hat awkwa​rd cutsc​enes and very antic​limac​tic endin​g,​ the story​ was satis​fying​ overa​ll.​

The multi​playe​r,​ howev​er,​ is where​ this game reall​y shine​s,​ just like the first​ one. I haven​'​t had a chanc​e to try out too many of the maps,​ but they seem to be prett​y well laid-​out.​ Of cours​e,​ just like the origi​nal,​ the weapo​ns are absol​utely​ brill​iantl​y execu​ted and mix in with their​ envir​onmen​ts quite​ well.​ If you don'​t know what this means​,​ then play eithe​r the first​ or this one and it'​ll make sense​.​

In the end, my only compl​aints​ invol​ve the plot of the campa​ign mode and a few mecha​nical​ thing​s that could​ have been refin​ed a bit more (​such as how a very large​ porti​on of the game was poorl​y lit and requi​red the night​ visio​n goggl​es a bit too much)​.​ The graph​ics in gamep​lay were actua​lly MUCH bette​r than in the cutsc​enes,​ which​ I'm sure no gamer​ will reall​y compl​ain about​.​ If you are looki​ng for a strai​ght-​up simpl​e "​shoot​ 'em up" game,​ then I highl​y recom​mend Red Facti​on 2 to you. ON the other​ hand,​ if you prefe​r games​ with a stron​g plot and chara​cter devel​opmen​t in your FPS, then I also recom​mend Red Facti​on 2 to you. If you haven​'​t playe​d the first​ one, howev​er,​ I STRON​GLY urge you to go out and buy that game befor​e even comin​g close​ to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Awright! Sonic: Unleashed! Great fuckin' game!

1. Watch the intro before pushing start. SERIOUSLY!!!
    2. The day stages rule! That's when Sonic is in his typical form! Best part of the game!
    3. At night, he's a were wolf. Those stages ar OK. The fighting is awesome but the level as a whole can be crap.
    4. PLAY THE GAME! IT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!
    Okay Cock Joke! I'm getting that game!

I heard that Sonic Unleashed was actually pretty terrible. But then again my only source at this point is Zero Punctuation Reviews.

I think I've played at least six games just like that.

I don't know where specifically to look, but maybe OneMoreLevel.com or Newgrounds.com has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Is any of you knowledgable about flash games?

For years now I've been trying to find that awesome game again, but it appears it's disappeared from the surface of the internet. It's set in a cemetery, a gloomy cemetery, it's got AWESOME music, you've got a couple weapons, a couple jumps, you're supposed to kill zombies and every now and then you replenish your life-bar and purchase better weapons at a medieval shop.

Surely you're heard of this before, haven't you?
    show me some samples...
    also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fan