Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

hey, at least someone else is into the classics!!

I just played the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It was fun, though I hoped it would've been a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I just played the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It was fun, though I hoped it would've been a little longer.
    yup xbox
    i remember that game pretty cool, but way to short and easy

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    I'm definitely buying the new Call of Duty. I didn't really care for CoD4 because I'm more of a WWII kind of guy.
    I'm also buying GTA4 in November.
    When does that come out? Is that for PC? I played CoD4 for a good 6 months but got really bored of it after the last 4 new maps came out. 2 of them sucked big time, while the other 2 were half decent.

Edit: Did you play BF2?
    ::: DanceFuckerDance :::
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It's funny because Shank wants to be railed by Dexter.

I was playing super mario brothers 3 on nintendo earlier on in the day.

I'm playing Order of Eclessia.
    Stuck at the docks.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    When does that come out? Is that for PC? I played CoD4 for a good 6 months but got really bored of it after the last 4 new maps came out. 2 of them sucked big time, while the other 2 were half decent.

Edit: Did you play BF2?
    GTA4 somewhere mid-November. As for CoD5, I don't know. I only just found out the title of it after DexterB posted it. I already knew it was going to be in the pacific though. Wiki says it's November 11th for you.

I bought Battlefield 2 because a friend talked me in to it. I didn't like it and traded it for a different game.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    play BF2?
    It's been forever since I played, but:
    http://bf2s.com/player/44182845/

These days I'm still playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (only DOTA though), and I'm playing through STALKER: Clear Sky. I think it's a lot less buggy than Shadow of Chernobyl but I enjoyed that game anyways. The night is fucking pitch black in clear sky and I screwed up upgrading my armor to have night vision, so that's a little annoying.

Titles I've recently played through:

Crysis: Warhead
    Pretty decent game. Definitely good bang for its buck. Amazing graphics, doesn't really bring anything new to the Crysis story, but if you loved Crysis you'll enjoy Warhead. I'll paraphrase a review that says you really don't have to worry about ammo in this expansion pack; they generally hook you up with grenades, guns, etc on a regular basis. More of a shoot-everyone-and-blow-shit-up game than Crysis was.

Spore
    Tons of fun through the first few stages! One of the more popular criticisms of Spore is that it's not really a new game, it's a bunch of games that already exist put into one game. This is sort of true, but I still think it's a great game. Once you become a space-fairing civilization, things slow down a lot. The game turns into "Go here. OK now go here. Go over there now." However, I still enjoyed outer space for some time. I stopped playing before I reached the top rank. Also, I should note I didn't buy it, so I have no online content.

Super Mario World
    Awesometown. I got up to Bowser right around the start of the semester and for some reason I stopped playing. A ton of fun, though, that game is.

Games I look forward to checking out:
    Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, GTA4 for PC, maybe Dead Space also
    omg sigged fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I love Escape from Butcher Bay. The Xbox version has an extra level apparently, called Assault on Dark Athena. That version of the game is named that too.

I'm playing Pharaoh, which is fucking awesome - it's like Caesar III set in Egypt and I love it. Citybuilding at its absolute best.

Also playing Jedi Knight III - Jedi Academy. Lightsaber battles are the only reason you'd want to buy this game, and they're fun. Force-pushing Dark Jedi off of ledges never gets old, even if it is tricky.

On DS I'm playing Sonic Rush, which is great old school Sonic fun. I highly recommend it.

And finally on Wii I'm getting really into Super Mario Galaxy. It's great, though the directional controls are a little weird when you're upside-down. It's like the Wii is trying to decide whether you mean Mario's current left or the player's left.

I picked up Sins of a Solar Empire the other day but only got to play about halfway through the tutorial. So far it feels a lot like Homeworld.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.