Page 28 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Getting a 360 never entered my mind versus the PS3. And I already have a Wii (got it for free - would have gotten the PS3 over it as well.)
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

any CS 1.6 players?

I'm still pretty into NHL 09 although not nearly as obsessed as I was a couple months ago. The game I'm currently playing is GTA4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasisko View Post
    any CS 1.6 players?
    Nah. I'm a noob and play CZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post

I also want to pick up Sonic Unleashed (I hear the Sonic speeding bits are awesome)
    They are, but it's only 30 % of the game. And the fighting part is very repetive and quickly boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Fallout 3 is AWESOME.

I played Fallout 1 and 2, and honestly - they sucked and never really interested me. And when I started Fallout 3 I wasn't exactly riveted. First it felt kind of lame, then it felt kind of like a postapocalyptic Oblivion (which wouldn't be too bad except that I've already played Oblivion), but then my first foray into Washington to restore the relay for the radio station fucking ROCKED.

Rationing supplies, quickly deciding whether to lure Super Mutants into a trap using mines, whether to hide behind cover and then jump out to take pot shots, or whether to spare a precious mini-nuke to overwhelm them with massive firepower, though it might be used later.

Seriously, the entire game is survivalism at its very best. Should I buy RadAway to combat radiation sickness or Stimpacks to boost health? I can boost health by drinking irradiated water and then simply use the RadAway, but is it worth it? When should I use a StealthBoy (a fairly rare resource, I've found) to sneak past enemies and complete an optional and lucrative mission objective as opposed to simply turning around and going home, conserving it for another potential opportunity?

Plus, enemies are correspondingly hard to kill depending on their stations. Super Mutants are fairly slow and lumbering but pack a hell of a punch, and you're generally screwed if you're caught out in the open by more than one Super Mutant Brute and no land mines you can drop while running away. The morally-impaired scavengers that roam the land are the same way, individually weak and easily taken down, but clinging to some semblance of civilization even in the wasteland, travelling in groups and building crude shanties that allow them cover while you circle their habitation, looking for a weakness you can exploit.
    Last edited by T-6005; 04-02-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Aside from Super Mario 64 on the DS (which is funky) im playing on Medal Of Honor: Airborne & Assassins Creed on the 360 which both do the job of being playable and passing the time between work shifts and Pro Evo games.
    I also very sadily ignored my own advice and started playing through not one but two FPS on the PS3, Resistance 2 which is very nice and pretty but still handles like Resistance 1 (i.e. Badily). Killzone 2 is the last game i've been playing and its fantastic but so shallow it feels like it should be lying legs akimbo on the floor of the playboy mansion.
    "Hey, I know you're upset, but if you ever mention my mother's loins or their frothiness to me again, I don't know what I'll do ... but it will be bad. Now let's go bury this dead hooker."

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Killzone 2 is the last game i've been playing and its fantastic but so shallow it feels like it should be lying legs akimbo on the floor of the playboy mansion.
    interesting analogy...

So I should finally be able to play recent games on my new laptop, except maybe for crysis. What are some decent single player games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    So I should finally be able to play recent games on my new laptop, except maybe for crysis. What are some decent single player games?
    Mass Effect is sweet on PC.