Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Yeah the hidden blade is definitely better, sometimes you still have the problem but it's the best choice. Although, I like that counter kill with the sword, I got the hang of that.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I've been playing Dragon Age obsessively the last few days. I now enjoy the actual gameplay much more. I think it just took me a long time to get comfortable with it. Here's a tip: Play a mage. It's awesome. Two things are really annoying me right now though. One is that most of my inventory is taken up carrying around things I just don't want to sell. This game needs a storage box, and apparently the Wardens Keep expansion provides one. But it should have been in the game from the start. The other thing that is driving me crazy is I need a bow equipped on my main character to complete a quest and I can no longer find any low level bows that my mage can equip. So dumb. All I need to do is fire one arrow up in the air. You'd think any of my other characters would be able to do it, but no.
    I've been playing this heaps also! You can buy backpacks that up your storage by 10, right at the start in the grey warden camp you can buy one, but you'll find more as the game goes on. I just completed this quest not too long ago, the best bet to find a low level bow is keep travel from one place on the map to another, until you get this random encounter by 'Old Tegrin', who sells crappy weapons and will probably have a bow for you, but can't you use another party member to fire it?
    I started with a warrior but then restarted with a rogue, simply because I hate leaving unlocked chests behind, and you already get a warrior (Alistair).

EDIT: And my character got lucky with Morrigan, Ohhhhhh yeah.

Slithering around in the folds of your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Budzy View Post
    Haha good show. I can't imagine anyone getting lucky with her as confrontational she is. And scary. Your character survived I assume? xD

I'm trying to nail down Soul Doubt on Guitar Hero drums.

On my first playthrough I totally missed Leliana. I didn't even know she was possible until much later.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I've been playing this heaps also! You can buy backpacks that up your storage by 10, right at the start in the grey warden camp you can buy one, but you'll find more as the game goes on. I just completed this quest not too long ago, the best bet to find a low level bow is keep travel from one place on the map to another, until you get this random encounter by 'Old Tegrin', who sells crappy weapons and will probably have a bow for you, but can't you use another party member to fire it?
    I have been buying backpacks. My capacity is up to 120 I believe, but about 80 of that is taken up with stuff I don't want to sell. It frustrates me that they implement armor sets with bonuses for collecting the entire set but really make it difficult to waste the space carrying around incomplete sets that you aren't using. I've given in now and bought Wardens Keep. I haven't installed it yet, but as soon as I get the chance to play again I'll be installing that and doing whatever I have to do to get a storage box.

I've encountered Old Tegrin twice, but now I need him I can't find him. I figured he would be my best bet.

It just will not allow me to use another party member to fire a bow. It's like a character interaction. It doesn't matter which party member you have active, once I try to activate the thing I need to activate it goes back to my main character. And tells me to come back when I have a bow equipped. So frustrating. What kind of mage is going to carry a bow? Grr.

Surprisingly easy, isn't she? I've boned all the boneable characters already. Some dialogue options get a little glitchy when you're getting it on with everybody, but it's fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    On my first playthrough I totally missed Leliana. I didn't even know she was possible until much later.
    Huh. How did you manage that one?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I finally got back to Old Tegrin. He didn't have a bow. He had crossbows. A crossbow wouldn't work. Fortunately I found a low level bow in the temple in the forest. This quest still really annoys me though.

I was wrong when I said the Wardens Keep thing was $15, it's actually only $7 and anyone who plays this game should definitely get it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Downloaded Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, haven't played it for a long time but still love it.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Downloaded Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge, haven't played it for a long time but still love it.
    Fuck yes. That game rules.

I'm in the middle of about half a million games right now. I'm toward the end of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for about the hundredth time, of course. I also recently got Max Payne, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, and Delta Force: Black Hawk Down. I also got Max Payne 2, but I haven't started it yet. I have a lot of work to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Traded in Borderlands. It wasn't at all worth it. There may be a million guns in the game, but they all fire exactly the same way, and - worst of all in a shooting game - there's only ever one approach to fighting. No strategy whatsoever.

I'm not asking for an FPS where the success of my play is entirely based on my ability to think outside the box - I just want one where if necessary I can take a different strategy to even out the level difference. I got stuck in a hallway with a Badass Bruiser and he killed me about 8 times in a row without breaking a sweat. I had to go back and level grind up 5 levels, then when I went back I killed him in about two seconds.

There's no challenge there. And I don't like that about it.

In lieu, I got Assassin's Creed two. I'm only about an hour in, so I have yet to kill anyone, but I think I'll probably like it. It seems to remove the parts where you have to slowly walk along with the scholars for a half-hour and spice up the rest. It's amazing how terrible the 'modern' character models look, though.

I also picked up UT3 for some split-screen capabilities, and had a little credit left over from trading in some games to get Motorstorm. Haven't tried it yet, though.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.