Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

Slithering around in the folds of your brain.

I want to play God of War. But I don't have the money to get it. :<

MrConeMan -

That review is the most accurate review you'll ever hear. Do not get it if the 8 tons of bullshit the reviewer describes sounds like misery.

Haha, I love how he brutally murders Vanille at the end of the video. She is the most annoying character ever. She's Tidus, Vaan, Penelo, Selphie, Yuna, Yuffie, Quina, Rikku, Eiko and Kefka put into one. ANNOYING.

Been playing Metro 2033 for a few days, it's pretty easy on hardcore but I keep dieing at this on part cause I'm used to Gears Of War controls and always hit the wrong button when I want to shoot or melee and get slaughtered.

Overall I'd say it's pretty good, not too hard but not too easy on hardcore. Just needs some getting used to for me.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...l-Fantasy-XIII

I like how this confirms all my suspicions about FFXIII
    Yeah, but you've been desperately seeking confirmation on all your suspicions this whole time. Don't even deny that.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Yeah, but you've been desperately seeking confirmation on all your suspicions this whole time. Don't even deny that.
    I won't, it's entirely true. But I don't see how that invalidates the point that my suspicions have been confirmed on just about every front, except for a few major Final Fantasy nerds saying it's the best game ever made.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    I won't, it's entirely true. But I don't see how that invalidates the point that my suspicions have been confirmed on just about every front, except for a few major Final Fantasy nerds saying it's the best game ever made.
    They are in serious denial. Or are seriously retarded. The only thing impressive about the game is the graphics and the fact that SE put up with PS3 programming.

I don't know, guys - I quite like the game, and not even for the graphics. I've come to really enjoy the battle system in particular. I'd have to agree that the story is weak, but the complaint against linearity gets me every time. It's completely aggravating to be able to get turned around and end up going the wrong way all the time, or to be dumped onto the world map only to realize that the name of the next city isn't on that map and that you'll have to random battle your way across the wilderness for hours until you find it. XIII just removes your ability to get lost, and that I'll stick to.

Having said that, I must agree that the game isn't perfect by a long shot - but it is good and quite a bit of fun.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I don't know, guys - I quite like the game, and not even for the graphics. I've come to really enjoy the battle system in particular. I'd have to agree that the story is weak, but the complaint against linearity gets me every time. It's completely aggravating to be able to get turned around and end up going the wrong way all the time, or to be dumped onto the world map only to realize that the name of the next city isn't on that map and that you'll have to random battle your way across the wilderness for hours until you find it. XIII just removes your ability to get lost, and that I'll stick to.

Having said that, I must agree that the game isn't perfect by a long shot - but it is good and quite a bit of fun.
    I honestly liked the world map of the previous games. I felt like I was exploring instead of following the yellow brick road. Usually towns in the previous games aren't spaced apart so that you'd get lost for hours. And they give you a brief description of where it's at anyway. Like Ice Cavern north of the Mist Forest. Or Balamb Southwest/Fire Cavern Northeast of Balamb Garden. Or Kalm Northwest of Midgar.

Though the hours of leveling will do you good too ;p

Still playing FF13 myself though. I can't start a game and just drop it. It will bother me until I pick it up again. The bosses are getting more and more ridiculous though. The boss I'm on now is supposedly "weak" and has over 2 million HP. lolwat. Also, why do monsters in this game get defense/mag.defense stats but the party doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by littleCentipede View Post
    I honestly liked the world map of the previous games. I felt like I was exploring instead of following the yellow brick road. Usually towns in the previous games aren't spaced apart so that you'd get lost for hours. And they give you a brief description of where it's at anyway. Like Ice Cavern north of the Mist Forest. Or Balamb Southwest/Fire Cavern Northeast of Balamb Garden. Or Kalm Northwest of Midgar.

Though the hours of leveling will do you good too ;p

Still playing FF13 myself though. I can't start a game and just drop it. It will bother me until I pick it up again. The bosses are getting more and more ridiculous though. The boss I'm on now is supposedly "weak" and has over 2 million HP. lolwat. Also, why do monsters in this game get defense/mag.defense stats but the party doesn't?

i used to get lost a lot in Final fantasy XII actually especially when i was looking for the espers and hated it but it was the only game where that happened. everytime i play final fantasy it feels like i'm watching a movie and playing a game at the same time cause of the graphics so i don't mind when they make it a bit linear in some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC90 View Post
    i used to get lost a lot in Final fantasy XII actually especially when i was looking for the espers and hated it but it was the only game where that happened. everytime i play final fantasy it feels like i'm watching a movie and playing a game at the same time cause of the graphics so i don't mind when they make it a bit linear in some parts.
    Yeah you're right about 12. I wasn't even thinking about 12. I got lost sooo much in 12. But what SE did was put the player in the world map with the characters rather than condensing it like they used to, and they didn't really give you any hints as to what direction to go. On the world maps in the other games, it was a lot smaller and you could literally see the other town perhaps 5 inches away from your starting point. But yeah, 12 is an exception. I like the more old fashioned games better. I don't enjoy actually playing 12 and 13 like I do 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 10-2. I remember the cinematic cutscenes were very looked-forward to. And now that's all it is anymore. Just one big cinema cutscene that occasionally lets you run from point a to point b. And that's no fun in my opinion.

Not that I think the graphics should be shitty, don't get me wrong. The graphics are phenomenal. But that's the only thing I find phenomenal in the good sense about 13. :<

I WAS playing the following games before my Xbox360 kicked the bucket and went to hell:
    NHL10
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    World of Outlaws
    NASCAR10
    DiRT

btw: I have had my xbox for close to 4 years and I was on it almost all the time, so it was about time it died.
    Rex Darr - Bass Guitar