Page 81 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 1333

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

  1. #801
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    As I stated earlier, I got the usb converter for a N64 controller and play emulators on my computer. Playing Ocarina of Time: Master Quest right now, fuck yeah.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  2. #802
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    As I stated earlier, I got the usb converter for a N64 controller and play emulators on my computer. Playing Ocarina of Time: Master Quest right now, fuck yeah.
    Didn't know that existed. Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  3. #803
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,904


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Barring the loading times which are in the X360 version, every other problem is "seemingly" unique to the PS3. Which is nice.
    More or less. I have been astonished at the amount of glitches in New Vegas. Most are just irritating visual or audio glitches, but the ones where items just disappear from your inventory for no reason or companions just randomly die or vanish are incredibly annoying, especially if you don't have a really recent save to load up. Fortunately you will almost always have a recent save to load up because the incredible amount of full game crashes will condition you to save constantly. You know, the ones where the game just freezes and you can't get any kind of response and have to manually power down the system with the actual button on the console. Playing New Vegas is the only time I ever touch that button since when not playing the worst game ever made you can simply turn the system on and off with the controller. All of this was infuriating enough, and then I started chatting with a friend who is playing it on the xbox...oh, what's that you say? You haven't experienced a single crash? And you have access to an expansion? Microsoft's practice of dropping mad cash to keep content exclusive to their system is evil enough, but in my more paranoid moments I suspect Bill may have actually bribed some folks to make New Vegas nearly unplayable on the PS3. Ok, not really. But there is no acceptable reason for this disparity.

    If I didn't hate the xbox controller so much I might be tempted to jump ship even though I believe the PS3 is a better console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I can't stop playing. My boyfriend makes dinner while I assassinate Templars and find treasures.

    This is great.
    If I ever get divorced I'm going to find me a woman like you. Seriously, "likes video games" has reached the top of my list in the category of qualities desirable in a mate. Obviously Nintendo doesn't count.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  4. #804
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Ok, not really. But there is no acceptable reason for this disparity.

    If I didn't hate the xbox controller so much I might be tempted to jump ship even though I believe the PS3 is a better console.
    Oddly enough you've actually answered your own query here. This may sound odd, but literally the reason why New Vegas is so terrible on the PS3, and why some games look better on the Xbox is that the PS3 is factually a higher spec system (see:better).

    The reason this is the case is that because the PS3 uses a Cell microprocessor as its CPU processing, and eight Synergistic Processing Elements, it's much much much more difficult for developers to actually create games using the PS3 technology. So most of them wuss out, and create the game with the 360 spec which can't run true HD, and port it to the PS3 later, which results in buggy New Vegas, or Red Dead looking slightly better on the 360. This also means however, that games designed using the full range of PS3 spec technology, simply wouldn't run on an Xbox, they couldn't run them at the full spec of the PS3. So in a way games are designed with Xbox technology, simply so both consoles will have access to them.

    Which is why Exclusive PS3 games look better than anything the 360 can run (see: Killzone 3)

    If I ever get divorced I'm going to find me a woman like you. Seriously, "likes video games" has reached the top of my list in the category of qualities desirable in a mate. Obviously Nintendo doesn't count.
    You're missing out man, there's nothing hotter than your girlfriend holding a PS3 controller and playing video games adequetely.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  5. #805
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,904


    Default

    Does any of that actually make you feel better though? When you're playing Red Dead Redemption and noticing that it doesn't look as good does the knowledge that you have a superior system help at all?

    Everything you said was interesting, but if anything it's made me more tempted to get an xbox than I have ever been in my life.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  6. #806
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Does any of that actually make you feel better though? When you're playing Red Dead Redemption and noticing that it doesn't look as good does the knowledge that you have a superior system help at all?
    I don't feel better, or worse, or good or bad about it all. Graphics were never the selling point of the PS3 for me. I mean, if you take a screenshot of Red Dead on both systems, and look at them side by side, the 360 version does look clearer, but you know...by an almost imeasurably small quality. It's the exact same experience, and I have a shitty TV anyway, so they'd probably both look the same for me.

    The only thing that may slightly irk me is developer laziness. If they took the time to design the games on both consoles, for both consoles, they would look better on the PS3 every time without question. This is completely unfeesible though, games cost millions of dollars to design on one system, and companies barely make their money back even on the triple A status games.

    The reason I bought a PS3 is because it has better exclusive games. Literally the only real exclusives the Xbox has going for it is Gears of War, and Halo, both of which genuinely suck balls.

    Uncharted, Infamous, Metal Gear...you know what, I could go on, but those three alone justify never buying an Xbox. Also, Xbox live is the the greatest con in human history, I mean that's a stroke of genius. To pay for access to the internet, which you already pay for. I mean, I have to commend them for that.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 04-07-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  7. #807
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,904


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Literally the only real exclusives the Xbox has going for it is Gears of War, and Halo, both of which genuinely suck balls.
    Mass Effect. Would like to play that. PS3 has Mass Effect 2 now, but still.

    DLC is where I've felt really screwed though. That, and New Vegas being so close to unplayable that you could almost call it an xbox exclusive.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  8. #808
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Mass Effect. Would like to play that. PS3 has Mass Effect 2 now, but still.
    Well, that's why I didn't include it in the exclusives that are worth a damn. I've never actually played Mass Effect though, so I'll reserve judgement on it. Still, even if it is as stellar as they make it out to be...would you really trade it for Metal Gear? I mean not that you have to, it's not a black and white choice of one or the other, anyone can happily own both, but I still don't see a reason to buy an Xbox. If I ever get one, I will be absolutely more than happy to own one, it's really not a brand bias thing, I just have absolutely no desire to own one, because Microsoft have never given me the desire to own one.

    They way I see it, both consoles have all of the general good games, bar my absolute favourite series', which the PS3 has exclusive rights for. Why on earth would I want an Xbox to run something like Red Dead, or Grand Theft Auto or whatever if I can play it anyway.

    DLC is where I've felt really screwed though. That, and New Vegas being so close to unplayable that you could almost call it an xbox exclusive.
    I guess we can differ here, I generally don't do DLC. I'm cheap like that.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

  9. #809
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,680


    Default

    I didn't find PS3's New Vegas unplayable, but I also didn't finish it because I stopped caring about it. And yeah, the shit froze up constantly and drove me crazy. But I never lost any items or party members or anything.

    Btw, I've been playing Call Of Duty Black Cocks and it's not a good game, but I can't stop myself. =\

    Also, Pokemans Black, SO FUCK YOU GUYS IT'S AWESOME.

  10. #810
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,200


    Default

    Man, L.A Noire looks fucking fantastic.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •