Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: What video games are you playing? pt. 2

I can't decide if I want to get Pokemon Black or not. I just can't decide.

Playing three games at the moment.

Final Fantasy IX: Nearly done with the second disc. Fairly fun; not the best. Playing mostly so I can finish most of the franchise (and so I didn't waste 15 dollars when I bought it).

Final Fantasy XIII: Took while to get fun, but once it did it became really good. Granted the Crystarium is just a bastardized version of the Grid Sphere, but I'm still enjoying it.

Pokemon Emerald: I actually never finished a pokemon sapphire/ruby/emerald game so I'm playing through and Emerald ROM since I have an excess of free time lately. I currently have my starter, a male Grovyle (nicknamed Geico), a female Zubat (nicknamed Suebat), and a male Taillow named Jericho.

My Philosophy on Final Fantasy?
    Start at 6, stop after 10.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'd have to disagree, coneman. I is incredibly basic, but still a surprising amount of fun. IV is great pretty much the whole way through. And I know a lot of people didn't like XII, and I personally didn't think it was up to the standards of some others, but there came a weird tipping point where I realized that I was actually having quite a bit of fun.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Man, L.A Noire looks fucking fantastic.
    Yes, yes it does. This is the first time I can remember being excited about a game months before it's released. I even intend to pay full price for it instead of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    But I never lost any items or party members or anything.
    I didn't at first either. It seemed to get worse with each new update. No kidding.

I guess we can differ here, I generally don't do DLC. I'm cheap like that.
    I generally don't either. But like the GTA 4 DLC was basically 2 more entire games. I'll happily pay for that. And PS3 owners had to wait, what, a year or two wasn't it?

Hey, on the subject of DLC, is Undead Nightmare worth it? I'm trying to decide whether I want it or not.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I'd have to disagree, coneman. I is incredibly basic, but still a surprising amount of fun. IV is great pretty much the whole way through. And I know a lot of people didn't like XII, and I personally didn't think it was up to the standards of some others, but there came a weird tipping point where I realized that I was actually having quite a bit of fun.
    Well, with the older games, I definitely don't consider myself an authority. I tried to play them way past their time, and generally just couldn't find myself sticking to any of them. I thoroughly enjoyed 6 though. I can't even comprehend the reality of anyone enjoying 12 though. I was fooled into giving it a chance for 42 hours before I realised nothing had happened in those 42 hours, I turned it off, and never turned it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Yes, yes it does. This is the first time I can remember being excited about a game months before it's released. I even intend to pay full price for it instead of waiting.
    Totally, rockstar are fucking rocking it at the minute, Red Dead and L.A. Noire both had me frothing at the mouth months before their release. This year looks fantastic for games though. Killzone 3 was great, Mortal Kombat 9, L.A Noire, Infamous 2...the list goes on

I generally don't either. But like the GTA 4 DLC was basically 2 more entire games. I'll happily pay for that. And PS3 owners had to wait, what, a year or two wasn't it?
    I avoided those because I generally found myself not enjoying GTA4, but I know we differ here.

Hey, on the subject of DLC, is Undead Nightmare worth it? I'm trying to decide whether I want it or not.
    Undead Nightmare is literally the only game expansion I've bought. It was nothing revolutionary, but I'm glad I bought it. I bought it because my friend put it on at a party once, and I found myself concentrating more on slaughtering endless hordes of zombies rather than drinking and having fun. Yeah, the missions are pretty cool actually.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Also, Xbox live is the the greatest con in human history, I mean that's a stroke of genius. To pay for access to the internet, which you already pay for. I mean, I have to commend them for that.

I spend all my time playing Guitar Hero 5 because I bought the super bundle. (Seems a bit cheap that the super bundle doesn't come with a second guitar, but whatever I guess that would be a bit much to include.)

Anyways it's amazing. Guitar hero is designed for people exactly my age. Whenever a new one comes out my friends and I just hang out for a week and play guitar hero while getting intoxicated.

Yeah its a good game.

Also Final Fantasy 1-3 is available on the wii console and I'm thinking about getting it, I've played a lot of FF1. Amazing game. So hopefully the other two are good.

Also as far as the later FF games go. I never played much FF7, but FF8 I did own and found to be tedious. FF9 was amazing though, FF6 was also amazing. And never played the later ones, although I've heard that FF10 is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

FFX is quite possibly my favorite game ever. FFVI is of course amazing too. Just finished disc 2 on FFIX; it's fun, but I just can't quite get into it as much as I have other FF games. As for FF I and II, I tried them but really found them to be just too much grinding with very little story interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    FFX is quite possibly my favorite game ever.
    I generally agree.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

FFX is definitely the last great Final Fantasy. It absolutely suffers from problems though. The voice acting is diabolical for one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc). Definitely a great game though. The sphere grid was easily exploited too.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 04-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.