Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricetigers

Ok, here's another update:
    Judging by the current state of things, I am going to release another EP/album in 2010. It is going to be the last one in a while. Here's a little foretaste:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...6864333?ref=ts
    The newest song on our facebook page is going to be on this EP/album thing and called "(My Last Few) Days Of Summer". It does not really stand for the typical Ricetigers punk rock; it rather stands for the typical diversity that the Ricetigers albums contain so I suggest you to have a listen and judge by yourselves!
    I still hope you are able to enjoy the song
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Ok, here's another update:
    Judging by the current state of things, I am going to release another EP/album in 2010. It is going to be the last one in a while. Here's a little foretaste:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...6864333?ref=ts
    The newest song on our facebook page is going to be on this EP/album thing and called "(My Last Few) Days Of Summer". It does not really stand for the typical Ricetigers punk rock; it rather stands for the typical diversity that the Ricetigers albums contain so I suggest you to have a listen and judge by yourselves!
    I still hope you are able to enjoy the song
    Ha! Awesome! I think this is one of my favorites that you've written. Certainly the last thing I expected to hear right now One of the reasons I always come back to check on this band is because you have this ability to adapt to new sounds without losing that "trademark sound." You're one of those lucky people whose voice seems to fit with pretty much anything.

Also, the sound quality is a lot better than I'm used to.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Ha! Awesome! I think this is one of my favorites that you've written. Certainly the last thing I expected to hear right now One of the reasons I always come back to check on this band is because you have this ability to adapt to new sounds without losing that "trademark sound." You're one of those lucky people whose voice seems to fit with pretty much anything.

Also, the sound quality is a lot better than I'm used to.

It's very good to know that my voice allows me to do all those different things. Also, I am very glad to hear that the sound quality is slowly getting better... I have experimented a bit with mixing and all that for the last EP.

update: I think I have finished recording the EP. Now I only need to get up and do the editing and.... release!
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

So today I finished the recording of something I started last week.
    It is a cover of Bad Religions "Walk Away".
    Let me know what you think!
    http://rapidshare.com/files/41709850...ion_cover_.mp3

The Ricetigers

Ya know, I downloaded this like two days ago, but then I forgot to actually listen to it until just a few minutes ago. It's pretty good; nothing special as far as improv or alterations from the original (like I'm one to talk ), but as far as song choices go it couldn't have been much better --- Walk Away is among the more underrated songs on Against The Grain, I think. My band (back when there were more than one of us~) always wanted to cover Modern Man or Anaesthesia (we did an acoustic cover of the latter, actually, but it was kinda "meh").

I like Walk Away for a couple of reasons; one, it has a weird time-signature shift from the verse to the chorus; second, being the last song on the album, it has kind of an epic feel.

But enough gushing. Point is,
    "I'm sorry
    "

So today I re-mixed the old recording and added one little guitar part.
    This is the new download link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41822720...over_.mp3.html

Why I did this? Well, to all the Bad Religion fans here:
    There is a Bad Religion tribute album in the making and there will be 7 covers on it by unsigned artists (That's people like us!). I submitted this new Walk Away version and hope to get featured there. If anyone is interested, here's the link:

http://www.badreligion.com/news/inde...gion_Syndrome/

Ya know, I downloaded this like two days ago, but then I forgot to actually listen to it until just a few minutes ago. It's pretty good; nothing special as far as improv or alterations from the original (like I'm one to talk ), but as far as song choices go it couldn't have been much better --- Walk Away is among the more underrated songs on Against The Grain, I think. My band (back when there were more than one of us~) always wanted to cover Modern Man or Anaesthesia (we did an acoustic cover of the latter, actually, but it was kinda "meh").

I like Walk Away for a couple of reasons; one, it has a weird time-signature shift from the verse to the chorus; second, being the last song on the album, it has kind of an epic feel.

But enough gushing. Point is,
    Thanks! Yeah, I know I was very uncreative about the cover but on the other hand I wanted to try how much I could sound like BR if I tried to.
    And yes, the time-signature shift went unnoticed by me for a long time but when I realized it I thought that this was probably the thing that made this song so special to me. Walk Away is one of those classic BR songs that I would choose if I should show someone else what Bad Religion sounds like.

The Ricetigers

Ok, there has definitely not been enough activity in here during the last month, even though I might use the mixtape appearance of Future Is Now as a small excuse. But I want to go on and bring some news. Today I have finished the final mixing work for the release I have been announcing earlier. I plan to release it on the Ricetigers' fourth birthday, which is the 8th of November 2010.

The album is called "Last Bits" and might indeed be the last album released under the name "Ricetigers", but I don't exactly know about how it is going to go on. Anyway, there are 11 tracks on the album:

✓ Back - 0:28
    ✓ Future Is Now - 4:14
    ✓ Freedom Of Speech - 2:50
    ✓ 100% DIY - 2:32
    ✓ Dissipate - 2:28
    ✓ Too Easy - 2:53
    ✓ Don't Even Know - 1:54
    ✓ (My Last Few) Days Of Summer - 2:12
    ✓ A Look Around - 2:11
    ✓ End Of The 21st Century - 3:34
    ✓ Machiavellian Work - 2:59

The Ricetigers

Guess what day it is: Hell yes, Ricetigers' 4th birthday!
    Therefore I want to celebrate this day with you by releasing our ninth album!
    It is called "Last Bits" and is to be found here:

Enjoy!

The Ricetigers

Hah, what an odd coincidence! We both released our latest albums on the same day

I'll be downloading this later....it says the server is too busy at the moment...
    "I'm sorry
    "

Hah, what an odd coincidence! We both released our latest albums on the same day

I'll be downloading this later....it says the server is too busy at the moment...
    Yeah, it's an active day for the Your Band section

The Ricetigers