Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Well, I can imagine posting one or two songs in here/on myspace(kind of like singles) and then releasing the whole album. Just like I did it with this the previous albums.
    Considering that I missed the first two albums and had to ask for them much later on, I wasn't aware that you did it that way ... but it sounds awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    No, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    See you on the road!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alright, it's been waaay too long since I last updated this thread so here's some new stuff:
    http://myspace.com/ricetigers
    I've uploaded another song from the upcoming fourth album which is going to be called "Problems Of Perspective". I might also release the album itself in a few days, but I have to listen through the songs one more time and decide if I'm going to eliminate some minor flaws or not. Also, I need to create the "lyrics booklet" but that shouldn't take too much time as it won't be a real booklet anyway (I guess it's going to be the same way as it was in GMMS).
    Until then I hope you enjoy the new song.

Lyrics:
    Free Yourself
    Free yourself from stupidity
    Free yourself from naivete
    Free yourself from the bullshit superstition
    Free yourself from this corporate-based religion

Cause I am fine and why won't you?
    It's easy to let go let the brain be your tool
    To gain your liberty and fuck the idol cult
    Just don't be scared of being different as a result
    (and then)

Free yourself from xenophobia
    Free yourself from this dystopia
    Free yourself from narrow-mindedness
    Free yourself from the idiotic rest

Cause I am fine and why won't you?
    It's easy to let go let the brain be your tool
    To gain your liberty and fuck the idol cult
    Just don't be scared of being different as a result
    (let's go)
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Sooo.... it's been a very long time and I finally took the time to upload my fourth album. It is called "Problems Of Perspective".

Also, I'm glad to announce that there will be the first Ricetigers practice with a full band featuring actual Ricetigers songs If this works, maybe I can even organise some gigs in the future. Until then I hope enjoy the new album!

The Ricetigers - Problems Of Perspective (2009)
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

just listened to the first two tracks and thought id comment

although track 1 (the night?) was very good i have to say

THE PERSPECTIVE was FUCKING COOL

well done my friend...look forward to listening to the rest later and will try and review (although im shit at reviewing, i'll try lol) the whole album soon and will give a couple of listens before doing so

well done matey

p.s can you pm me the links to your previous albums though and if you don't mind i'll get resident dj's to play and (hopefully) introduce your track before one of our live sets if you like?

hope all goes well at rehearsals

good luck
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

oh and.... really long time lol, you have four albums to our unfinnished 1

easy on
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

Quote Originally Posted by offspringer24 View Post
    just listened to the first two tracks and thought id comment

although track 1 (the night?) was very good i have to say

THE PERSPECTIVE was FUCKING COOL

well done my friend...look forward to listening to the rest later and will try and review (although im shit at reviewing, i'll try lol) the whole album soon and will give a couple of listens before doing so

well done matey
    Thanks, mate It's nice that you take the time to comment on the songs and give me some feedback.
    p.s can you pm me the links to your previous albums though and if you don't mind i'll get resident dj's to play and (hopefully) introduce your track before one of our live sets if you like?

hope all goes well at rehearsals

good luck
    I'll gladly give you the links to the earlier albums. I'd also LOVE to hear that my music gets played in England! It would definately be an honour for me to be announced by D-Tox
    oh and.... really long time lol, you have four albums to our unfinnished 1

easy on
    Hah, yeah! But I think the process of album-writing will slow down now that I have actual rehearsals (maybe even gigs)
    Also, I'm still looking forward to your first album which will probably rock even more.

The Ricetigers

Hey Adrian ... I haven't forgotten about you, I'm busy downloading now and will report back soon

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

OH, crap! That reminds me, I've listened to the whole thing already.

Job well done, friend! You guys are cranking out the jams at a crazy pace, and the quality is not suffering.

My absolute favorites are Perspective, Antagonist, Bed Religion, No Need to Fear and The Night, with my favorite lyrics coming from I Want a Hero. My least favorites are probably Religion and Searching My Absolution. Now for some random stuff I typed while listening :

• I'm starting to become a big fan of jangly guitars, and that (along with the awesome drum part) is what makes Perspective my favorite song from the album.

• I've noticed that you're singing "high" in this album, compared to the previous ones
    • Did you mean to name the one song "Why Do You Cry AT Me?" By the way, I like the other singer's voice.
    • I love the riff and beat that goes along with it in Oh Dear!
    • I can feel the Static Martyr influence in Tyrannic Authority (and throughout the whole thing). Am I right?
    • Is TUPOG still alive? hehe
    Last edited by randman21; 08-20-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    OH, crap! That reminds me, I've listened to the whole thing already.

Job well done, friend! You guys are cranking out the jams at a crazy pace, and the quality is not suffering.

My absolute favorites are Perspective, Antagonist, Bed Religion, No Need to Fear and The Night, with my favorite lyrics coming from I Want a Hero. My least favorites are probably Religion and Searching My Absolution. Now for some random stuff I typed while listening :
    First of all, thanks for the feedback and the reviews! I'm happy to hear such good criticism so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    • I'm starting to become a big fan of jangly guitars, and that (along with the awesome drum part) is what makes Perspective my favorite song from the album.

• I've noticed that you're singing "high" in this album, compared to the previous ones
    • Did you mean to name the one song "Why Do You Cry AT Me?" By the way, I like the other singer's voice.
    • I love the riff and beat that goes along with it in Oh Dear!
    • I can feel the Static Martyr influence in Tyrannic Authority (and throughout the whole thing). Am I right?
    • Is TUPOG still alive? hehe
    • Yeah, I think on the one hand I learned to sing better and on the other hand, my voice range improved just by the practice I did. I'm quite happy about that.
    • Please correct me if I'm wrong... I thought it was "to cry at someone"
      And yeah, I like my guitarists' voice, too. In fact a lot of people liked it so far
    • That's cool! I like the song, too. Although one day I should re-record it in a better quality.
    • I can't deny that Static Martyr made country-esque music more attractive to me
    • Yes, we are. I should upload some of the new songs we recorded just a few days ago. Or I'll just upload the debut album since we probably aren't going to re-record it in perfect quality.

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Hehe, cool about TUPOG! There's a reason I ask about that, but it shan't be revealed yet.

Also, the more correct phrase would be "to cry to someone".
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)