Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Heh, you release albums like I release songs.

I've heard the new album, but I have sort of tainted my listening experience. I unknowingly had it on shuffle, when I usually like to listen in order to judge the flow of it. Plus, I wasn't looking at the titles, so I couldn't tell you which ones I liked. :P BUT I agree with you. This is your best album yet! Previously, The Other Way was my favorite, but this is just even more excellent. Tim was right. You do have your complete own style, yet it's so very punk. That's hard to do. I'll get back to you once I listen to it again.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz! View Post
    Cool !!! The new album is finally out and is being added to my collection as I write
    Thanks for the appreciation
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Heh, you release albums like I release songs.

I've heard the new album, but I have sort of tainted my listening experience. I unknowingly had it on shuffle, when I usually like to listen in order to judge the flow of it. Plus, I wasn't looking at the titles, so I couldn't tell you which ones I liked. :P BUT I agree with you. This is your best album yet! Previously, The Other Way was my favorite, but this is just even more excellent. Tim was right. You do have your complete own style, yet it's so very punk. That's hard to do. I'll get back to you once I listen to it again.
    Wow, I'm really delighted to read this! I hope you also enjoy the normal playlist
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

It's been a while, but now I'm back to announce two things:

1) I finished the re-recording of the first album which I plan to release tomorrow.

2) I uploaded one of these re-recorded songs to our myspace so you can already check it today.
    I hope you like it!

http://myspace.com/ricetigers
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Hello again!

Today we have a little anniversary as the Ricetigers turn 3,5 years old.
    Here is -as promised- the uploaded re-recording of the first album:

http://rapidshare.com/files/38496703...tra_upload.rar

Enjoy (or don't)!

The Ricetigers

I have a funny story I'd like to share with you, ad8

Sometimes when I'm on one of the other forums I frequent, I plug for some of the BBS bands that I listen to....I don't usually tell anyone that they're BBS bands, but rather I just talk about them like they're a normal band, and I post some lyrics and a couple of songs by them, and once people get interested and start tracking them down, I let it slip that they're a self-published band that records and releases their own material for free, etc.

Well, I was on one such forum today (gamefaqs.com), the Silent Hill 3 Social Board (SH3 is a Playstation 2 game in case you didn't know); there's a topic there called "What Song Are You Listening To Now?" that's pretty self-explanatory; you post the song you're currently listening to. I posted "Break Down" because I'd been listening to it to try and figure out how I want to do the cover of it for the BBS Covers III project....I only mentioned that you're a "German hardcore band that sings in English" and that I thought that was "bad-ass." I got this response from our local Austrian guy (he prides himself on knowing about obscure -- and therefore hardcore -- bands, so he seemed kind of offended at the idea of an American who had heard of some obscure German band that he hadn't heard of himself):

That's a common sell-out move One half of all German bands sing in English. Actually, half of all European bands do.
    He was kind of half-joking (we poke fun at each other for having different interests quite often), but because his comment was so ironic, I immediately responded:

^Well, I'd hesitate to call them "sellouts" considering that they've self-released about 6 albums (all for free) and aren't even signed to a label 0.0
    I just thought that was amusing

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...285275?page=10
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I have a funny story I'd like to share with you, ad8

Sometimes when I'm on one of the other forums I frequent, I plug for some of the BBS bands that I listen to....I don't usually tell anyone that they're BBS bands, but rather I just talk about them like they're a normal band, and I post some lyrics and a couple of songs by them, and once people get interested and start tracking them down, I let it slip that they're a self-published band that records and releases their own material for free, etc.

Well, I was on one such forum today (gamefaqs.com), the Silent Hill 3 Social Board (SH3 is a Playstation 2 game in case you didn't know); there's a topic there called "What Song Are You Listening To Now?" that's pretty self-explanatory; you post the song you're currently listening to. I posted "Break Down" because I'd been listening to it to try and figure out how I want to do the cover of it for the BBS Covers III project....I only mentioned that you're a "German hardcore band that sings in English" and that I thought that was "bad-ass." I got this response from our local Austrian guy (he prides himself on knowing about obscure -- and therefore hardcore -- bands, so he seemed kind of offended at the idea of an American who had heard of some obscure German band that he hadn't heard of himself):

He was kind of half-joking (we poke fun at each other for having different interests quite often), but because his comment was so ironic, I immediately responded:

I just thought that was amusing

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20001...285275?page=10
    Hehe, that's indeed funny. What's even more funny is the fact that many German bands sing in German because they "don't need to sing in English in order to make good music"
    Last edited by ad8; 05-29-2010 at 04:50 AM.

The Ricetigers

Hey, another update after a long while!
    I have uploaded the first song off the eigth and supposedly last album for the time being.
    It is called "The Process Of Change, part 1 - It Is Time" and starts off the album which is called "Liberty".
    I have completed 14 songs for this album and currently am in the process of mixing/mastering the songs. Release date should be July 4th, but I might just release it a few days earlier, depending on whether or not I'll have it completed by then.
    But back to the present, here's the new song on our myspace

http://www.myspace.com/ricetigers

The Ricetigers

I just uploaded another song off the new album to our myspace. It is called "Thought I'd Write" and I hope it can make up for the long wait and album delay time

I plan to release the album on 08/01/2010 now. (and by plan I mean I will do so unless I get killed or kidnapped)

http://www.myspace.com/ricetigers

The Ricetigers

Wow, really impressive guitar solo at the end of this last piece. You, sir, are improving greatly
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Holy shit, how many albums have you got so far? I kind of lost the count . If only The Redestructed would be so productive . Anyway, good work and keep it up.

Planning to check the album when it's released. I'll wait until then, i don't want to ruin the experience.