Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 246

Thread: The Ricetigers

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Well, you developed your unique sound, it's easy to recognize you from some shuffled playlist. Also your songs seem to be recorded pretty loud comparing to the other songs, when I was listening the mixtape I always was blasted away with how your powerful "Mature" thunder! But somehow I don't quite like your guitar sound, it's so raw and "garage". Also I think we've got similar voices, if I would ever sing I think it would sound something like you.
    Thanks for posting lyrics, they are sincere which is good.
    Thank you for your opinion/advice! Maybe I'll change the guitar sound a bit since there were other people who told me the same thing. Since you seem to like the lyrics, I'll post another lyrics for another song here(it's the second song on our myspace).


    All I Can Say

    Hello my love, today was a funny day
    People just tried to rob me twice
    But by the time I learned how to run away
    My running skills are pretty nice

    All I can say is "Life's cool"
    Now come on Partner and
    don't be a fool
    Come on and say
    Life is good
    Everything's all right
    I don't do what I should

    When I come home I'm gonna watch TV
    Wow only two new rapes today
    I am so happy that my children are safe
    At least that is what our leaders say

    All I can say is "Life's cool"
    Now come on Partner and
    don't be a fool
    Come on and say
    Life is good
    Everything is good and
    I don't do what I should

    No one can stop me
    Staring into the sunlight
    Never thinking of the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    All right, got another new song for you! This one is called Reign Of Stupidity and it's one of my favourites. Enjoy!

    http://myspace.com/ricetigers

    Reign Of Stupidity

    Who the hell needs character?
    We have make-up on our skin
    Intelligence doesn't make anything better
    Personality makes it hard to win

    Is your self esteem justified?
    We don't care cause we need stars
    And when they're just an egocentric mess
    They can still be crucified

    Hey you, come on
    and fight for your world
    We got a reign of stupidity
    And words are not meant to be heard

    Why should I solve the problems
    If I have an arm to punch?
    I don't worry about being random
    I feel quite well in the bunch

    I don't know why I should think about tomorrow
    There are no better people I have no sorrow
    And I don't think about changing my ways
    Cause superficiality gets paid off in these days

    Hey you, come on
    and fight for your world
    We got a reign of stupidity
    And words are not meant to be heard
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Here's a demo I finished two days ago. I said demo because I really doubt the lyrics of this version. Maybe you guys can help me by giving your opinions on this song. Here it is:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/19386783...eprecating.mp3

    PS: In case you haven't noticed yet... there is a new song on our myspace called Reign Of Stupidity. I'm happy about comments/criticism on that one, too.

    Here are the lyrics for the new demo:

    Self-deprecating
    When you don't see no way out
    When you fell down to the bottom
    Just stick with yourself
    Because truth has become quite seldom

    And if in darkness you're gonna drown
    If faithfulness isn't handsome
    Then it might encourage you
    In some years your foes could be gone


    Because there will be a point in time
    When their self esteem is going to kill them
    When success will originate stupidity
    And carelessness is to finish them

    But if you don't believe
    You're not the one to change things
    Self-hatred is no relief
    It's just really self-deprecating

    Your opponents benefit from your doubts
    They would not stand a chance against you
    If you would only stand up for yourself
    And start making your dreams come true

    But if you don't believe
    You're not the one to change things
    Self-hatred is no relief
    It's just really self-deprecating
    Last edited by ad8; 02-04-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: finally corrected that lyrics mistake...
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,053


    Default

    I really like it! I like this a lot more than what you put on the mixtape... your voice works really well in this song.

    My two bits of criticism: in the part after "in some years your foes could be gone", I personally think the guitar could stand to be cleaner, since it's the focus there. It sort of sounds unsure... though that could of course be your intent. :P

    Otherwise, it's just really obvious that English is not your native language. "self-depreciating" is not a word, as it's written in the title. You spelled it right in the song, as "self-deprecating", but you pronounced it wrong when you sang it... it's not said like in "appreciate", but like... "dep-reh-kät-ing".

    I hope you're not insulted by this... I'm very impressed by your ability to write songs in English... if I tried to write a song in German, it would probably make no sense, hahaha. Und eben mit die Fehler, macht dein Lied ein Menge von Sinn.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really like it! I like this a lot more than what you put on the mixtape... your voice works really well in this song.

    My two bits of criticism: in the part after "in some years your foes could be gone", I personally think the guitar could stand to be cleaner, since it's the focus there. It sort of sounds unsure... though that could of course be your intent. :P

    Otherwise, it's just really obvious that English is not your native language. "self-depreciating" is not a word, as it's written in the title. You spelled it right in the song, as "self-deprecating", but you pronounced it wrong when you sang it... it's not said like in "appreciate", but like... "dep-reh-kät-ing".

    I hope you're not insulted by this... I'm very impressed by your ability to write songs in English... if I tried to write a song in German, it would probably make no sense, hahaha. Und eben mit die Fehler, macht dein Lied ein Menge von Sinn.
    First of all, thanks for the positive and constructive criticism.
    The funny thing about Self-Depreciating is that I first wanted to call the song Self-Deprecating. To make sure that I used a real english word(ironic, huh?) I looked it up in an online dictionary. There it said that there are two translations for the german word: Deprecating and depreciating. Since depreciating was typed in bold characters I thought that it was more common or whatever and I decided to use it. Well, I was proven wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,053


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    First of all, thanks for the positive and constructive criticism.
    The funny thing about Self-Depreciating is that I first wanted to call the song Self-Deprecating. To make sure that I used a real english word(ironic, huh?) I looked it up in an online dictionary. There it said that there are two translations for the german word: Deprecating and depreciating. Since depreciating was typed in bold characters I thought that it was more common or whatever and I decided to use it. Well, I was proven wrong.
    hehe, well "self-deprecating" = bescheiden. "depreciate" = absetzen.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,717


    Default

    Ha, I didn't realize you were singing depreciating. But that's been cleared up now. I don't like it as much as Mature, but it's high up there. Probably third, after I Don't Live for You. It's a really good song, with an awesome melody. Do you write these songs by yourself? As for the lyrics, they can seem a bit unwieldy and awkward in some parts, but I'm definitely not the one to come to with lyric advice. There's nothing really bad in it.
    My myoosik:

    The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Ha, I didn't realize you were singing depreciating. But that's been cleared up now. I don't like it as much as Mature, but it's high up there. Probably third, after I Don't Live for You. It's a really good song, with an awesome melody. Do you write these songs by yourself? As for the lyrics, they can seem a bit unwieldy and awkward in some parts, but I'm definitely not the one to come to with lyric advice. There's nothing really bad in it.
    Thanks Yeah, I wrote it all by myself... that's where the bad english comes from And the melody... I wanted to do something less "punk" and some kind of "happy" song. But of course the majority of our songs will stay loud and fast-paced
    By the way, our second guitarist left the band some days ago, which means that I'll be looking for new people to recruit. Other than that, the remaining guitarist announced that he's currently working on a demo on which he'll sing for the first time. I guess that's a good thing since we can expand our sound by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default

    Self-Depreciating is awesome . The sound quality is quite better, voice and everything is clean, I loved the 60's intro and the Social Distortion-like song.
    This will be a great party song.
    Btw I think that Static Martyr has influence on your music now.
    Last edited by Free?; 01-26-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Self-Depreciating is awesome . The sound quality is quite better, voice and everything is clean, I loved the 60's intro and the Social Distortion-like song.
    This will be a great party song.
    Btw I think that Static Martyr has influence on your music now.
    Thank you And yeah, I can't deny Static Martyr's/Randy's influence on me
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •