Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ricetigers

There is a new song on our myspace! It's called Welcome (to my new reality). It would be great if some of you would give it a listen and post some feedback in here. In any case, enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Hey everybody,
    we (me and my fellow guitarist) met yesterday and messed around with our acoustic guitars. You can download the songs here:

Generator(Bad Religion Cover)

Time Is Running Out(Muse Cover)
    Time is running out is sung by the guitarist. We didn't really pay attention to the quality and we also fucked up many guitar parts. Real tru-punx atmosphere there
    There is a third song on our myspace which is an acoustic version of our song Reign of Stupidity. Although we recorded that one some weeks ago. Nevertheless, I hope you (are able to) enjoy the songs!
    Last edited by ad8; 03-23-2009 at 05:45 AM.
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Awesome! I really like your singing in Generator. It's like...tender and such. Love songish (bad description).

On Time is Running Out, I probably liked the song more than the vocals. Not because he isn't a good singer, I just really like how you guys played it. He does sing well.

I don't know either of these songs, by the way.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

So far I've checked only Generator and I liked it. Can't get the Muse cover yet (thanks to rapidshare and it's love to put limits on everything). I'll post out a bit later.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Awesome! I really like your singing in Generator. It's like...tender and such. Love songish (bad description).

On Time is Running Out, I probably liked the song more than the vocals. Not because he isn't a good singer, I just really like how you guys played it. He does sing well.

I don't know either of these songs, by the way.
    Hey, thanks On the one hand, that's a funny thing to hear but on the other hand I'm glad I can make music in various styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    So far I've checked only Generator and I liked it. Can't get the Muse cover yet (thanks to rapidshare and it's love to put limits on everything). I'll post out a bit later.
    Thank you If you're having trouble downloading the songs at all, I can upload them to sendspace or something else, too.

The Ricetigers

I liked Time Is Running Out even better, a solid cover, your buddy don't take high notes (not important, but had to mention since it's Muse song), but solo sounded kinda tough going. I can almost imagine how you stretch your fingers to reach the "highest" frets during it haha :].
    Also I would appreciate if you would upload your songs anywhere except rapidshare :P.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

I think it's time for a little surprise

Special link for Free?:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWAN2EBY

This something between an ep and an album... I wrote most of the songs in the early days (Late 2006 - Early 2008) so this is my first compilation or whatever. I hope you like it

PS: I am currently working on another two albums so stay tuned
    Last edited by ad8; 03-30-2009 at 02:36 AM.

The Ricetigers

Today I made a decision. I just can't keep playing childish music crying about the world. Life is good. That's why I decided to not make music anymore and quit the band. I'll now try to become more mature and not spend so much time on the internet any more. So this is it, close this thread now...

APRIL FOOLS!!!

The real update: I just uploaded another new song to our myspace. It's called "Hate Me" and I hope you like it

Edit: Lyrics:

Hate Me

I am an antisocial asshole
    A fool with no emotions
    I work for my own goods solely
    and don't mind any commotion

Hate me if you can't stand my statements being true
    Don't be afraid now and please do something new
    Consider me a fool because I'm honest with you
    I don't want you to be polite just please be serious, too

Now I just want to make you comprehend
    You don't need to make false compliments
    See I'm not really mean but truth I want to defend
    I want to see what you think and not what you pretend

Hate me if you can't stand my statements being true
    Don't be afraid now and please do something new
    Consider me a fool because I'm honest with you
    I don't want you to be polite just please be serious, too
    Last edited by ad8; 04-01-2009 at 10:33 AM.

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Hahaha, part of me wishes that I didn't see the "April Fool's" part first. I'm extremely gullible, so I probably would have fallen for it.

For the record, I'm in the process of listening to the EP/album thing you posted the other day, so that wasn't a waste of your time.

Hate Me is great. I have to admit that I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, but the ones for this song are good. I'm just trying to figure out if we should be liking or hating the narrator, lol. One thing I'm jealous of is the way you're able to fit a lot of words into a phrase, while mine have always been short, not really allowing for many lyrics. But I suppose that's a good thing in my case. :P Anyway, the music is awesome. The chorus reminds me a bit of Mature, actually.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Hahaha, part of me wishes that I didn't see the "April Fool's" part first. I'm extremely gullible, so I probably would have fallen for it.

For the record, I'm in the process of listening to the EP/album thing you posted the other day, so that wasn't a waste of your time.

Hate Me is great. I have to admit that I don't usually pay attention to lyrics, but the ones for this song are good. I'm just trying to figure out if we should be liking or hating the narrator, lol. One thing I'm jealous of is the way you're able to fit a lot of words into a phrase, while mine have always been short, not really allowing for many lyrics. But I suppose that's a good thing in my case. :P Anyway, the music is awesome. The chorus reminds me a bit of Mature, actually.
    Heh, thank you! I'm very glad to hear that my lyrics are getting better. I think the narrator might sound a bit arrogant and therefore one could hate him. But actually the message of the song is about these people who are not honest because they don't want to hurt other people. So the only way to make these people tell the truth is to make it easier for them by being an asshole and that's what I'm criticising here.
    I guess the "many words into a phrase" ability comes from my activity in the Unholy Priests Of Garbage. But sometimes I'd really like to have short catchphrases in my choruses like you have... but I worked on that, too.
    And yeah, there are riffs in Hate Me and in Mature that are similar.
    I hope I'm not repeating myself too annoyingly

The Ricetigers