Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tour the U.S. again, already!

Why are they taking another HUGE break right now? I don't get it.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Why are they taking another HUGE break right now? I don't get it.
    Remember they were gone for a few months over in Europe so they probably need some time to regroup to start the huge world tour. Please God.. DO NORTH AMERICA FIRST!
    ::: DanceFuckerDance :::
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It's funny because Shank wants to be railed by Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shank View Post
    Remember they were gone for a few months over in Europe so they probably need some time to regroup to start the huge world tour.
    They don't NEED another break. They may choose to take yet another big break, and that's understandable. But they don't NEED one. The past 4 years have been like 85 percent break. They just don't feel like touring yet, plain and simple. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but let's acknowledge reality.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Is this really any worse then what they did with Splinter? I mean, they didn't play Toronto until May, that was like five months after Splinter's release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Is this really any worse then what they did with Splinter? I mean, they didn't play Toronto until May, that was like five months after Splinter's release date.
    No offense, but are you kidding me? It's been SEVEN months since RAFRAG came out, and they didn't even ANNOUNCE the dates yet, let alone play them. Not to mention that they hadn't taken an enormous before they released Splinter like they did with RAFRAG.

All I'm saying is, let's be real here and admit that they aren't doing anything but taking A LOT of break time. We can still accept that they're people just like you and I, and have every right to make decisions like that. But that doesn't mean we can't acknowledge what's actually happening at the same time.
    Last edited by endlesst0m; 01-11-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. They're taking bigger gaps between release dates and touring, part of it probably has to do with wanting to see how well the record/singles would be received to determine the venue size. During CO1 they played arenas, during Splinter they played large concert halls. They can't book venues unless they know how many people are willing to show up. And like i said, they took a huge gap between Splinter's release and official tour, this is nothing new for the band.

Also, you should stick with one username.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Just doesn't seem like a big deal to me. They're taking bigger gaps between release dates and touring, part of it probably has to do with wanting to see how well the record/singles would be received to determine the venue size. During CO1 they played arenas, during Splinter they played large concert halls. They can't book venues unless they know how many people are willing to show up. And like i said, they took a huge gap between Splinter's release and official tour, this is nothing new for the band.
    The things you just said, you could say for like hundreds of other bands. And none of those bands take this much break time.
    Last edited by endlesst0m; 01-11-2009 at 06:47 PM.

They probably don't want to leave their homes for an extended period of time. They're all a lot older now, with young children. I don't see what the big deal is here.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

They probably don't want to leave their homes for an extended period of time. They're all a lot older now, with young children. I don't see what the big deal is here.
    There you go again, making an excuse that isn't exclusive to The Offspring. Although I guess it's not a "big deal", it just kind of sucks. Christ, I've been a hardcore fan for years. They skipped the Warped Tour date in Philly. So I think it's been about 6 or 7 years since they've come to Philly and I've had even an opportunity to see them. To me, that says something.

And apparently, I'm going to have to wait another good chunk of time, as they haven't even announced the dates yet.
    Last edited by endlesst0m; 01-11-2009 at 06:58 PM.

I'm not trying to make excuses, i'm stating possibilities for why they aren't touring at the moment, stop being so confrontational.

Believe me, i'd really like to hear the new songs live, but i have bigger issues to worry about at the moment.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.