Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Patraeus...big deal?

Default General Patraeus...big deal?

Is this "scandal" with the general a big deal to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    No not really. If a general and you think it would a great idea to sleep with the author who wrote your autobiography then make sure you delete your e-mails. You would think that he would know that but no the FBI found out by e-mail. I don't like that fact that he said was going to retaire because of it. Man up and own your affair. Say yes I did it and I'm sorry I hurt my family and blah blah blah but I'm going to say in.

I wondered why this was such a huge deal myself at first. People have affairs all the time, so what? But, it was pointed out to me that personal conduct becomes a big deal when you're the head of the CIA because it makes you vulnerable to blackmail, not to mention not knowing how the other party will start to react to things...apparently this was all tipped off because the woman involved got jealous of another woman, tried to crack Petraeus's personal email to find out if there was any correspondence with her, and sent threats. So what would be "so what" behavior in anyone else becomes a security risk in him.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I suppose. Hell, Clinton was bangin Lewinsky and that was like..."Ihhh did not have sex with that woooman." lol. Certainly he is a bigger fish than Petraeus. I don't think Obama should have accepted his resignation. The guy is a stellar general. Let him bang a couple bitches. So what.

I suppose. Hell, Clinton was bangin Lewinsky and that was like..."Ihhh did not have sex with that woooman." lol. Certainly he is a bigger fish than Petraeus. I don't think Obama should have accepted his resignation. The guy is a stellar general. Let him bang a couple bitches. So what.
    The President can get access to certain super duper classified information only a need-to-know basis, so actually, a President would not be a bigger fish than the head of the CIA, who has the most security clearance.

ehhh, anybody can talk anytime they want. Having an affair doesn't stop or start this. If she had access to sensitive information, that would be something else. I doubt that with all the security this would be even possible. If the prez wants to know something, anything, he gets told or has access. Nobody says no to president. I just think this is a whole lot about nothing. Personal indiscretion. I bet his wife is pissed.

I feel like whatever I say you're just going to ignore to push your own agenda, so have fun with that.

ok...not sure what that means. My agenda is he can bang who he wants as longs as it doesn't screw up national security. This is being blown out of proportion. Pun intended.

So there has to be an actual breach of national security and not just a giant risk of it?

nope not to me