Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: barack obama has won the 2008 election

Quote Originally Posted by F@ BANKZ View Post
    I have enjoyed the orderly election which has removed the need for a violent bloodbath.
    This line is the best one.

My favorite front-page, so far

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by OffspringHead View Post
    Dude. Stop thinking that everyone in this country loves him and is going to leave him alone. Popular vote was 51 to 48. Thats 48% of the country who didn't want him to be president. Thats 44,081,415 people. Within that number, how many of those people do you think voted McCain simply and only because Obama is black. I'd say at least 1% of those people. That is 440,814 people. Um. It's obviously a pretty good chance that one of those 440 thousand people will take a shot at him. So stop being so ignorant.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking.
    I'm pretty sure that many people want him dead out of such a big country.
    Doesn't mean they'll do it..but according to history there's a considerable
    chance it may happen. But it's FAR from certain that it'll happen I lol'ed at
    the "what do you think he'll get killed with" thread.

I just wanted to stop in here and say I'm not surprised he won. When's the last time a Kenyan lost a race?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    ^Fundamentally untrue. Besides, dude is half-white. One man winning the presidency is not significant progress or even proof of progress at all: things like evening out those unemployment rates, raising college attendance numbers, and actually funding inner-city public schools and such, for example, would be significant progress.
    I've been thinking about issues like this lately...

What's a good website (or possibly any other kind of source) to find accurate statistics on race related problems? I haven't been able to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I just wanted to stop in here and say I'm not surprised he won. When's the last time a Kenyan lost a race?
    NICE that's up there with someone's joke about McCain hasn't been beat this bad since 'Nam.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    What's a good website (or possibly any other kind of source) to find accurate statistics on race related problems? I haven't been able to find anything.
    Have you been looking? There's like, an entire genre of books on the subject...

If you remind me when I have a little more time (or feel free to PM me or IM me or something too), I'll look through my old college syllabi and try to put together a list of books I think you should check out.

This topic just reminds me of how utterly bad my supplementary course was this semester. (Ethnicity and Identity). I had relatively high expectations in it is an interesting subject, and for example one of the US presidential candidates wrote two books on the subject (a little narcissistic but hey, I wouldn't mind talking about myself for money).

However what we got was some hippie bullshit. "immigrants are like totally a mixed group of people. it's like totally difficult to place so many people in a single category you know? And like these categories are totally fake and made up and like what are the underlying discourses here? hey guys do you hate categories too? Let's analyze the picture of immigrants who look into the camera instead of avoiding the lens with their eyes! hey you know, why do we even use the word immigrant anyways?"

It makes me glad that I skipped 70% of this bullshit class. The discussions were always stupid (always), the lectures were mediocre at best. Ugh. There is so much in the field of identity you could build on, so much academics there. And yet we focused on bullshit humaniora and stupid pictures from lame ass artists. (La Pocha Nostra.) ooh they're challenging our concept of immigrant by making them wear costumes and have pictures taken of themselves. I once tried to challenge my concept of child sexuality that way and now the FBI reads everything I write. Hi Agent Smith!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    Have you been looking? There's like, an entire genre of books on the subject...

If you remind me when I have a little more time (or feel free to PM me or IM me or something too), I'll look through my old college syllabi and try to put together a list of books I think you should check out.
    I haven't really looked all that hard yet, I was just trying to get some recommendations beforehand so I don't waste my time with something that's not really credible or poorly put together. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind.

One book I did read on the subject of inequalities was Savage Inequalities by Jonathan Kozol. That was an extremely shocking book.
    Last edited by bighead384; 11-06-2008 at 12:59 PM.

I'm getting so annoyed by conservatives circulating that Black Panther voter intimidation video. It's seriously makes me want to punch a wall. They don't even have the balls to try to analyze it in any significant way. They just state that Fox was the only station to report on it. It's just not news, plain and simple. When I first saw that video, I figured, hey, it IS a pretty shocking site so whatever. Little did I know it would be circulated as some sort of evidence that white people are under attack.