Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 191

Thread: barack obama has won the 2008 election

  1. #71
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    211


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    That's because you use straw man arguments. Like you go from the Freedom of Choice Act to saying that this will let the government have perfect population control. That's like saying making all abortions illegal would let the government install a breeding program to get the US population up to 2 billion to beat the Chinese.
    It COULD let them do it, its easier to stop people having children then 'somehow' getting people to have a certain number of children. your example is wrong.
    The sooner i fall behind, the more time I have to catch up

  2. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    211


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    lol.

    cry harder, cunts!
    what have you really said here? are you arguing a point or just BITCHING because you believe you're right "because you're right and I'm wrong". GROW UP!
    The sooner i fall behind, the more time I have to catch up

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,286


    Exclamation

    neither, i'm gloating. the guy is president elect of the USA and there is nothing your whiny bitch-ass can do about it.

    When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    211


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    neither, i'm gloating. the guy is president elect of the USA and there is nothing your whiny bitch-ass can do about it.
    FUCK! You have no respect for anyone who has a different opinion to yourself, and i don't want a smart ass comeback here, because that'd be immature. Seriously I realise I can't change the fact that the majority of Americans voted for him, I'm just making a statement about what my understanding of his policies are, and they are informed understandings. Just reading what you say, its so full of anger towards me, I really don't understand, do you know how to argue? Or do you think if you bitch enough or just insult someone enough it makes you right. I'm sick of people like that
    The sooner i fall behind, the more time I have to catch up

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    28


    Default

    i wore my USA boxers today

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,286


    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by rise_and_fall View Post
    FUCK! You have no respect for anyone who has a different opinion to yourself, and i don't want a smart ass comeback here, because that'd be immature. Seriously I realise I can't change the fact that the majority of Americans voted for him, I'm just making a statement about what my understanding of his policies are, and they are informed understandings. Just reading what you say, its so full of anger towards me, I really don't understand, do you know how to argue? Or do you think if you bitch enough or just insult someone enough it makes you right. I'm sick of people like that
    oh, i'm not angry. i'm quite happy, actually.

    i happen to believe your "informed understandings" are based on propaganda and bullshit. you believe otherwise. whatever, it's your opinion, right? i would argue with you if i believed it would make a difference, but it won't. what *actually* matters is that my guy is going to the white house, and all you can do is be frustrated and troll on the offspring message board. unsuccessfully, at that - i'm pretty sure most people in this thread think you're just another flaming assbag and not a well-informed citizen.

    g'day, sir.

    When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,681


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OffspringHead View Post
    As I said before, I'm sorry I don't fucking sugarcoat everything like you'd want to hear it, but get the fuck over it.
    There's a difference between "not sugarcoating" and "consciously being callous".

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,723


    Default

    I so want to watch The O'Reilly Factor tonight, but I don't have Fox News.
    My myoosik:

    The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    707


    Default

    there is no point in crying now. the people have spoken with a huge majority.

    all we can do now is hope that all the potential fears of obama do not occur.

    when he speaks, you cannot help but like the guy. however, i still cant ignore his views and odd associations.

    in saying that, let us see what the man tries to do, and does do. watch him like a hawk if you want, but there is no point to bitch and moan and fight right now.

    in saying all of this, remember, everyone has been blaming the republicans for what is going on, so, now the democrats have HUGE control in every aspect of the government. The senate, the house, soon to be the supreme court, and the presidency. so if things go terrible or get concerning over the next four years, remember that.

    but there is no point to bitch now. even with possible voter fraud, obama won with such a margin, that doesnt even matter. i just hope they decide to fix the voting system because it is a joke. being able to vote without showing ID, and all of this fraud is concerning for everyone.

    the best thing that comes out of this election for the one's that lost it, is that obama is a black man. and for some on the losing side, it is the only good thing from the election. around the world, we will be seen as a better country, and the people here, who have felt fleeced throughout their lives, will have someone to look up to, and hopefully this can help them along the way to achieve personal and independent greatness. so in that sense, this is a good thing.

    congrats to obama, he does have potential for greatness, but he also has potential for destruction, and i wasnt willing to give him my vote based on that coinflip.

    let's just hope he doesnt screw it up haha.
    Hate if you want to hate,
    If it keeps you safe,
    If it makes you brave.


    Many secrets have you
    Many secrets you have
    But it's only a matter of time
    Did you finally decide
    There's nowhere to hide
    And really no reason why

    Strong is your body
    Strong are your bones
    Strong as your bloody lie is uncovered

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    22,232


    Default

    lol, I haven't read a post from Moose in months.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I understand that the fact that the president now has dark skin isn't exactly directly related to some of the race-related problems we have in America, but it still shows progress that America choose the whitest black man we got to lead and represent the country for the first time ever.

    lol fix'd. Don't get me wrong though, dude is black and for real and I love him for many reasons.

    And I understand and respect what you're saying, but what I'm saying has more to do with the fact...well, he's the President. It's not bleakness, it's a critical look at what the President is/does. If you look through all the sensationalism, that's still one (extremely powerful, but singular) position in America. If he was a self-loathing racist who hated blacks, would this be an example of significant change, or would we be moving backwards in terms of racial progress? Shouldn't "significant" progress be measured more by what happens to masses of blacks instead of what one man has accomplished? Y'know what I mean?

    Now, of course I feel that significant change is coming, but I've just seen too much tokenism to automatically associate a dude being in a position with immediate significant process. But I'm verrrrrrry hopeful and optimistic right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Seems like you might possibly have an unnecessarily bleak view on racism in the U.S., although it is definitely still a problem.
    And my guess is you're someone who really isn't a position to make that call.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Honestly I used to think John McCain as one of the cooler Republicans before this election.
    Word up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    I think it'll be a while until somebody who actually grew up as an African-American in the US gets elected president - racism is far from dying as long as there's consistent discrimination in the structures of society. With that said, Obama's a helluva lot more black than the prezes so far, so it's a step towards something. I like that he's been very honest about his roots - he's never tried to claim he's a descendent of the slaves, he's had to face that whole culture as an outsider who's been treated as an insider because of his skin color.
    My thoughts EXACTLY. <3 u baybeegirl

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •