Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sublime reuniting with new singer, say what?!

Hybrid View

Default Sublime reuniting with new singer, say what?!

I just read this article on Ultimate-Guitar.com and it said that the two surviving Sublime members, Eric Wilson and Bud Gaugh, have recently jammed with an unknown-named singer and guitarist, who happens to be a huge fan of the band. This hints that Eric and Bud could be planning a Sublime reunion, with a new singer.

I don't know where those rumors come from, but whoever posted that seems to be stoked about April Fools.

I'm not sure how true this is, because the two surviving members (as well as pretty much everyone that's ever made a guest appearance on Sublime albums) already have/had a band called the Long Beach Dub AllStars with a different singer.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I'm not sure how true this is, because the two surviving members (as well as pretty much everyone that's ever made a guest appearance on Sublime albums) already have/had a band called the Long Beach Dub AllStars with a different singer.
    Those were my thoughts, too. That, and Sublime basically WAS Bradley Nowell, with his band. I'm not too sure how I feel about this. The singer better have that certain groove and feel to his singing that Bradley had.

Terrible, terrible idea.

Replacing a singer never works, let alone this will be nothing more then a bastardized version that will do nothing but tarnish their legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I like Sublime, but new singer? Strange idea indeed
    Come to the dark side...We have cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Terrible, terrible idea.

Replacing a singer never works, let alone this will be nothing more then a bastardized version that will do nothing but tarnish their legacy.
    Alice in Chains also have a new singer, and their original singer died a long time ago, but does that mean that the new version of the band would do nothing but tarnish their legacy as well?

i hope this is not true that would be awful

btw bradley nowell is buried by my house in the same cemetery as my best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    Alice in Chains also have a new singer, and their original singer died a long time ago, but does that mean that the new version of the band would do nothing but tarnish their legacy as well?
    Well, i'm not really a fan of Alice in Chains, so i can't really comment on that situation; however as i already mentioned I think it's a bad idea when bands replace their original singer after they have had a long established career. If the other guys want to keep playing music, they should get a new singer and form a new band, not try to keep the old one going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    There are so many other cases where replacing a singer failed badly. Sure, you can replace a bassist or a drummer. Replacing a guitarist is already difficult. But the singer is what truely makes a band unique, you cannot replace it. Unless of course the new singer has exactly the same voice

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    lol these rumors are ridiculous
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    How is Bob Rock producing the latest album not the best career choice? He's the best producer they ever had!
    That's what I thought. The Offspring working with Bob kinda was the band's best career choice.

It would be nice if there was some way to find out who writes those stupid articles about Sublime coming back with a new singer. I'm sure it wasn't me anyway, it must have been some punk who enjoys April Fools jokes.