Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

Default How many more albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

When I was watching the Bad Religion live DVD called Live at the Palladium, one of the band members (I think Brooks Wackerman) said that he was hoping to do ten more albums with them. This inspired me to want one of my favorite bands, including The Offspring, to do about 5 or 10 more albums.

So the question is, how many albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

As many as they can make until they get tired of course , but if they record albums at their current rate we'll probably get 2-3 by 2020

2009: The Offspring go on a tour to support RAFRAG properly.
    2009-2010: The Offspring spend some time writing their next album and plan to return to the studio later on to record album number 9.
    2010 or 2011: Album number 9 arrives and The Offspring go on tour.
    2011-2012: The Offspring plan album number 10.
    2012 or 2013: Album number 10 arrives and The Offspring go on tour.
    2014: The 30th anniversary of The Offspring and the 25th anniversary of their first album.
    After 2014: The Offspring continue touring and making albums until they decide to retire.

That's my prediction of The Offspring's future.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Obviously, I want albums until they can't do it anymore, but I expect two more from them.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I predict one or two more albums, not including some sort of live or b-sides record (both of which I'd like them to release).
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I just hope their next record blows us all away . When we were all hearing live versions and rips of the first few tracks, I thought this album would be the best thing I've heard in my life. Although it was still a very good album - in my top 3 for sure - it turned out to be really top heavy. I can feel it, their next one will be a multi platinum absolutely, regardless of whether or not RAFRAG achieves that status

one more unless they want to re sign with columbia records

Probably at least two more studios and a b-sides.

They'll probably get the next one out relatively quickly. Take a bit of a break, maybe then a b-sides. And after that another full length*, and after that, who knows.

*I'm not sure which label this will be one though; perhaps a return to an indie for a last hurrah? Whatever the case or timeline, i'm not going to dwell on what is to come, but rather the present. The band is still supporting RAFRAG, and i can't wait to see the new stuff live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

i agree in thinking 2 more. that seems right. 10 albums... thats a good round number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Probably at least two more studios and a b-sides.

They'll probably get the next one out relatively quickly. Take a bit of a break, maybe then a b-sides. And after that another full length*, and after that, who knows.

*I'm not sure which label this will be one though; perhaps a return to an indie for a last hurrah? Whatever the case or timeline, i'm not going to dwell on what is to come, but rather the present. The band is still supporting RAFRAG, and i can't wait to see the new stuff live.
    I'm a firm believer in this. I agree that they will do their last one with Columbia quick like due to all the material left over from RAFRAG, then sign with an independent and make one more, tour for that and then who knows. I don't know when they would release a b-sides...I hope they do...they know their fans really want one...specifically Pass Me By.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"