Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

I agree, I would say one or two more. I kinda feel like they may be getting to the point where they want to be with their families and live a low key life...you can't blame them. As much as we all know they love their fans and love making music...there does come a point...

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Does no one think they're going to end up releasing under Nitro when they're done with Columbia? I do.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Does no one think they're going to end up releasing under Nitro when they're done with Columbia? I do.
    That's an interesting question. I'd say that's most likely the case; however, i wouldn't be surprised if they signed to one of the larger, punk "indie" labels, such as Side One Dummy, or even Fat Wreck; not Epitaph for obvious reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I think that would be cool and fitting!

Quote Originally Posted by T_immortal View Post
    I just hope their next record blows us all away . When we were all hearing live versions and rips of the first few tracks, I thought this album would be the best thing I've heard in my life. Although it was still a very good album - in my top 3 for sure - it turned out to be really top heavy. I can feel it, their next one will be a multi platinum absolutely, regardless of whether or not RAFRAG achieves that status
    This one probably won't even reach Gold status, sadly. I think the days of multi-platinum are almost done with, unless they start keeping better track of digital sales. People just don't buy cds anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    I doubt it. I don't think it's big enough.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

If they only did one more, I would be fine with it. Two more would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    That's an interesting question. I'd say that's most likely the case; however, i wouldn't be surprised if they signed to one of the larger, punk "indie" labels, such as Side One Dummy, or even Fat Wreck; not Epitaph for obvious reasons.
    They're not really a "punk" band anymore, though... I can't see them signing to one of those kinds of labels.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

We need them to start singing about 40-something-year-olds getting caught by the cops for committing juvenile crimes! Now THAT would be punk to a whole new level!!!

what abot re signing with columbia?? nitro is dead and i think they are too big for a indie now even epitaph

the best scenario i can think of is if they can pull a ixnay/americana and put out a album in nov/dec 2009 then columbia offers dexter a small record deal (lets say 3 albums) and he accepts

but i doubt that will happen