Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How many more albums do you expect The Offspring to make?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    They're not really a "punk" band anymore, though... I can't see them signing to one of those kinds of labels.
    They still get associated with that those types of bands though; all of this is just speculation anyways. I still think, if they did return to an indie, and Dexter didn't want to use Nitro, they'd sign to one of those two record labels. Side One especially seems to deal with ex-major bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Thing is though, would we rather see them go out with a bang? Or spend the remainder of their days on a small label where they would eventually just fade away? The thought of that happening to them makes me a little sad .

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    We need them to start singing about 40-something-year-olds getting caught by the cops for committing juvenile crimes! Now THAT would be punk to a whole new level!!!
    I almost made fun of this post to a large extent... then I realized who the author was. :P

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    what abot re signing with columbia?? nitro is dead and i think they are too big for a indie now even epitaph
    Yeah, I highly doubt they're going to be offered a new contract...

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    They still get associated with that those types of bands though; all of this is just speculation anyways. I still think, if they did return to an indie, and Dexter didn't want to use Nitro, they'd sign to one of those two record labels. Side One especially seems to deal with ex-major bands.
    They're only associated as such by hardcore fans aka people who post here. I don't know about Side One... what band are you referring to? Cause all the bands I know on that label weren't ever big like the Offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by T_immortal View Post
    Thing is though, would we rather see them go out with a bang? Or spend the remainder of their days on a small label where they would eventually just fade away? The thought of that happening to them makes me a little sad .
    Hate to say it, but they've already lost their chance to go out with a bang. If they wanted it, they should've quit after Americana. They're already faded out, and I'm fine with that. I still like their music, whether it's famous or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

They're only associated as such by hardcore fans aka people who post here. I don't know about Side One... what band are you referring to? Cause all the bands I know on that label weren't ever big like the Offspring.
    Really? Most people I know, even non-fans (especially, non-fans) of the band, always seem to throw them in with the Fat-Wreck esq pop-punk bands, it's just an obesrvation that i've encountered.

Side One has garnered a reputation of being "a retirement home" of punk bands that have left major labels (Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Goldfigner, MXPX, ect). They're also becoming one of the biggest punk labels on the scene thanks to bands like Gaslight Anthem, Gogol Bordello, Big D, Bedouin Soundclash, Flogging Molly, ect. Granted the label hasn't handled a band the size of the Offspring, but as i said we're talking hypotheticals here. If the band left Columbia, and didn't want to put out an album as a Nitro release, those would be the only two labels that i could see them signing too. The band however, will more then likely end their career on Columbia.

Yeah, I highly doubt they're going to be offered a new contract...
    If the band has a contract for one more studio album, i can see them getting another option by Columbia; but not a brand new three album contract.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 12-03-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Sad Thread

Hate to say it, but they've already lost their chance to go out with a bang. If they wanted it, they should've quit after Americana. They're already faded out, and I'm fine with that. I still like their music, whether it's famous or not.
    You'd have to be crazy to retire after only your 5th album, with a success the scale that Americana was, while your still relatively young.
    And I think they're is no stopping them from producing an amzing album that could blow us all away, because look at Your Gonna Go Far Kid, 12 weeks number one, and all this radio play they are getting, people still want to hear them. Who knows, RAFRAG could even just set the path like Ignition with Smash. It won't be on the scale of Smash Of course, but iy still could be huge.

And I was thinking that RAFRAG could have possibly been their last, I was so happy when they said they still wanted to make more. I think 1-2 more albums would be a reasonable estimate. But if they want to keep making more, do it!

But their last album will be epic. Fast, powerful, full of swearing and plenty of attitude. Although I know they like to expand outside of just punk, but I think for a last album it would be a Smash-like album.

I think they are gonna do one more, tour it and go on indefinate hiatus.

Then the label will try and milk them for all they're worth and put out a rarities record, a best of, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    I think they are gonna do one more, tour it and go on indefinate hiatus.

Then the label will try and milk them for all they're worth and put out a rarities record, a best of, etc.
    yeah one more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    If the band has a contract for one more studio album, i can see them getting another option by Columbia; but not a brand new three album contract.
    Or instead of renewing their contract for Columbia, The Offspring should sign to either Side One Dummy, MySpace Records, Warner Bros., Capitol, Roadrunner, Vagrant, Trever Keith from Face to Face's new label Antagonist Records or Mike Ness from Social D's label TimeBomb Recordings. Or they should stay on Dexter's label Nitro Records fulltime, but for obvious reasons, they can't return to Epitaph, having expired their contract with the label after completion of Ixnay or the reissuing of their 1989 self-titled debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    Or they should stay on Dexter's label Nitro Records fulltime
    This .

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas
    well i don't know about this. Americana came in with a bang, but this album's gaining speed. even my friend actually liked one of their songs from it (and she's never liked their songs, not even pretty fly). I don't think record sales count anymore. Just look at it. They've been beating out all kinds of bands that no one really expected them to beat on the charts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.