Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting the band members

Default Meeting the band members

We all know that Offspring is going on tour, so it may be helpful to some of us to receive some advices about how to meet guys personally. I've heard several stories about meeting them in various places from certain boards members, but I can remember only few mentioning HOW did they get to it. I didn't have any experience like that unfortunately, so I may only guess, was it some sort of special vip-place ticket, or some sort of special invitation, or just waiting for them near hotel/airport etc.

Also, feel free to post stories about how you met band members as long as they are real.

Let's share the experiences and any useful advices (who knows, maybe they will help some of us to get "me and teh offspring" photo)!

Surprisingly, according to search button, there weren't many "meeting" threads before, no one of them was like this one.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

I think the last meeting was on the 30th of november 2008 in Berlin. If I remember it correctly, Oxygene used his contacts to organise backstage passes which let the group meet the band.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    We all know that Offspring is going on tour, so it may be helpful to some of us to receive some advices about how to meet guys personally. I've heard several stories about meeting them in various places from certain boards members, but I can remember only few mentioning HOW did they get to it. I didn't have any experience like that unfortunately, so I may only guess, was it some sort of special vip-place ticket, or some sort of special invitation, or just waiting for them near hotel/airport etc.

Also, feel free to post stories about how you met band members as long as they are real.

Let's share the experiences and any useful advices (who knows, maybe they will help some of us to get "me and teh offspring" photo)!

Surprisingly, according to search button, there weren't many "meeting" threads before, no one of them was like this one.
    This is a good thread DUDE!
    I believe that is Dexter who wants to meet me! So maybe I can give him a vip pass to my house. Maybe...
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

^ Yeah yeah :P...
    The hidden reason about this thread is also it might be useful for getting RAFRAG covers album into guys' hands. Well... if it will be finished.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    ^ Yeah yeah :P...
    The hidden reason about this thread is also it might be useful for getting RAFRAG covers album into guys' hands. Well... if it will be finished.
    yeah, but I believe he might check that thread again.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Yeah in all honesty if you don't win a radio contest that gives backstage passes (for example) then I think you need to just be really lucky and know someone and have them decide to be uber nice to you

i knew someone so i met them back in december 2000. they were super nice guys. Noodles misspelled my name, Greg K actually said a word to me, and I gave Dexter a teddy bear.

i guess it's all about the dream

I met them in 2004. I just waited at the back of the venue after the show. Dexter, Atom and Higgins went outside and Higgins told us where the guys were going (at a bar called les foufounes electriques), so I went there and met Noodles and Greg. The rest of the band was also there. That's it!

Camilamazed Guest

I hope I can make it this time.

I've been wondering the same thing. I guess I'll just be a creeper/stalker person and hang out behind the venue in Rapid City after it's over.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"