Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Religion and their new album

Okay, I got Dissent yesterday....I've listened to it 2 or 3 times since....

Wow.

Just....wow.

This is a great album. It's a lot better than I expected. I even like the generic "Bad Religion tempo" songs. Only Rain, The Resist Stance, Pride and the Pallor...awesome. I like the more experimental/poppy ones as well; Someone To Believe makes me think of the No Substance era, Wrong Way Kids makes me think New America, Meeting of the Minds is absolutely evil-sounding (and would've been right at home on New Maps)....but on top of it all, they have a couple of really original-sounding songs that give this record a feel of its own, instead of just feeling like an homage to everything that's already been done. I think my favorite song on here right now is the last track, "I Won't Say Anything."

Dayum. I fucking love this album
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

This album makes me want to make a list of BR albums ordered by how good I think they are just so I might get an idea of where the hell this one goes in the spectrum. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    This album makes me want to make a list of BR albums ordered by how good I think they are just so I might get an idea of where the hell this one goes in the spectrum. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.
    Check here, this might interest you. If you're a member you can add yours too.

I still did not get tired of this one. More of a grower than New Maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Both are great, still not the best BR albums, and i usually like hardcore stuff more than poppy, which should lead to liking new maps more, but I can't say for sure which one I like more. That's happening actually to most of the BR catalog for me, besides No Control, Against The Grain, Suffer, Generator and Process, that i consider their best and slightly above the rest, and No Substance/New America that rank bellow the rest, while not being bad or mediocre records.

Personally, I love both Albums. New maps is a bit heavier in my opinion. This new one is a little bit more mellow in spots, but is still very tuneful.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    I still did not get tired of this one. More of a grower than New Maps.
    Yes, my love for this album increased significantly after the second week of listening... I really love this album now... Only Rain is probably my current favorite song.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I'm not exactly sure how i feel about this record at the moment, in comparison to New Maps.

I didn't really dig New Maps all that much when it first came out, but i think i enjoy it a little more now. As i've already mentioned in this thread, i enjoy this new one, I Won't Say Anything in particular is such an awesome song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Finally picked this one up. First impression: waay better than New Maps of Hell. It's still energetic enough, and the songs are more memorable. Better production also.

I like it a lot, and it's deffinitely a grower.

Wow i feel weird that I'm the only one that really isn't that impressed by it. I mean its good. But It's nothing too special. Last song still reminds me of Barenaked Ladies.
    fuck fuck shit fuck