Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates in Africa

Default Pirates in Africa

What do you think about the problem of the pirates on the coast of africa???
    german troops are now allowed to fight against them....
    also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fan

But they don't stand a chance! Wooden ships and cannons vs. Nazis? That's crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

It's in arrrr best interest to make them all walk the plank!
    omg sigged fuck you

I wonder if the general public doesn't look at this problem with the seriousness it should simply because it's hard to take "pirates" seriously. Compared to say "terrorists". Hearing about Pirates just makes me think of Johnny Deep or an annoying 16 year talking about Pirates vs. Ninjas.

I hope that the situation will calm down soon. I think the military can handle it, but the problem has been pretty underrated before.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Pirates arrrr like the most classic villains in history. There exist famous stories about how Pompey chased them from the Mediterranean in the 1st century BC.

Presently, I wish somebody had built a task force against pirates and then hunted them down wherever they were present and recorded some encounter to later broadcast online. That would be fucking cool.
    All I can hear, I me mine
    I me mine, I me mine

Quote Originally Posted by HornyPope View Post
    Pirates arrrr like the most classic villains in history. There exist famous stories about how Pompey chased them from the Mediterranean in the 1st century BC.
    Well must've sucked for Pompey when the pirates realized the secret to controlling Volcanoes. Like some kind of ancient Bond villain.
    Last edited by wheelchairman; 12-16-2008 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I wonder if the general public doesn't look at this problem with the seriousness it should simply because it's hard to take "pirates" seriously. Compared to say "terrorists". Hearing about Pirates just makes me think of Johnny Deep or an annoying 16 year talking about Pirates vs. Ninjas.
    One of my friend's bands (who are quite popular in town) have a song called Pirates Versus Ninjas and they think its the most clever thing ever. I bought their cd. It's basically one giant facepalm.

It will continue to be a bad situation over there seeing that Somalia hasn't had a government since the early 90s.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Quote Originally Posted by zsk View Post
    What do you think about the problem of the pirates on the coast of africa???
    german troops are now allowed to fight against them....
    Pirates have been a problem that has plagued civilization since we took to the waters, like terrorists they only care about their ideals, and their ideals just happen to be money. Money they will use to buy more arms for the civil wars in their home countries. Unfortunately the lure of easy money has made this a very lucrative business. The problem that we have coming is privateers, Black Water International has been in talks with many governments to provide security for these shipping companies and governments with out the naval power to guard their own ships.

This all sounds cool, but it happened once before. I believe it was in the 1600s it started that the English, French, Dutch and others hired private ships and companies to remove pirates from the shipping lanes and trade routes. This worked so well that the privateers started charging foreign ships for safe passage and if they did not pay they would loot the ship them selves. Even Captain Blackbeard started out working for the king then turned to piracy.

Who is to say that the same will not happen with Black Water, and some of their other security companies that are springing up everyday?