Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 anticipation list

Southern California (Irvine/Moreno Valley)

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    I fucking knew they'd be putting an album after Little Brother! Thanks for the news though, since i actually didn't have it confirmed until now. Speaking of which, i've been listening to their latest EP just about everyday since it's been released.
    Backed. I've heard and read that it's supposed to be out next year. And if not, then I'll still be anticipating it. Little Brother is fantastic and a progression of sorts, so I'm really curious about what they'll be doing next.

I'm also adding Ted Leo (LP) and American Steel (7") to my list of anticipated stuff 'cause I forgot them the first time.
    ________
    Drug Rehab Forum
    Last edited by Short_Attention_Span; 05-03-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Rancid (although at this point,i kind of doubt it's ever coming out)
    According to Punknews.org, the band themselves saiud it's now coming out this spring, so it may not seem too doubtful that it's ever going to be released.

New Cursive out in about a month. Also the Mike Patton, Doseone and Tunde Adebimpe vocal album is supposed to come out sometime this year. Also, Crudo....though not so much since Patton's hip-hop stuff is normally not much more than passable, even with good producers backing him up.

The new Rancid

The next Strike Anywhere

Strung Out's beside album

The next A Wilhelm Scream

The next Muse

The next Mighty Mighty Bosstones

The Next Silversun Pickups

and whatever else there might be.

Still waiting for that Billy Talent III. On Wikipedia, they changed it from "March 2009" to "June 2009" recently. That made me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Tegan and Sara. I'm really looking forward to this one, The Con was definitely my favorite album in the past 10 years. Hell, my maybe even my favorite ever. I had no idea Billy Talent III was coming out this year, so I'll add that to my list... of one band!

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    New Cursive out in about a month. Also the Mike Patton, Doseone and Tunde Adebimpe vocal album is supposed to come out sometime this year. Also, Crudo....though not so much since Patton's hip-hop stuff is normally not much more than passable, even with good producers backing him up.
    I really really really liked the Lovage album. Not even for Patton as much as that girl that's singing with him. I love her voice. I'm assuming that counts as hip-hop, at least... I also heard the Mondo Cane album was due out sometime this year, which I am looking forward to. But I'm not sure if that's true, or just wishful thinking.

Buffalo, NY, home of the worst government on Earth

Default So far

Depeche Mode
    Green Day
    The Prodigy
    Deftones - it's gonna be tough though due to Chi Cheng in a coma...
    Muse - come on now, I'm annoyed...release it already

Funny that 3/5 of the above bands are from Britain

Others that I'm eyeing

Eminem
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Megadeth
    Alice in Chains - new lead singer is kind of giving me mixed reactions, but we'll see
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Linkin Park - will hear first single first...probably will still get it, but I want to make sure it's not the disappointment of Minutes to Midnight
    Korn - up there, but I'll wait to hear the first single
    Nine Inch Nails - knowing Trent Reznor, he'll release something randomly
    OutKast
    Killswitch Engage - overdue for new record

Cool

just the new rezillos album, i never keep up to date with new releases :-)

Iron Maiden - TBA
    Alice In Chains - TBA (Yeah, Staley is gone, but they still have Cantrell)
    "When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks... Alone."
    - Iron Maiden, "Fear Of The Dark"

Quote Originally Posted by Numaro View Post
    I really really really liked the Lovage album. Not even for Patton as much as that girl that's singing with him. I love her voice. I'm assuming that counts as hip-hop, at least... I also heard the Mondo Cane album was due out sometime this year, which I am looking forward to. But I'm not sure if that's true, or just wishful thinking.
    Yeah, Lovage was good mostly because of Dan the Automator and Jennifer Charles, not because of Patton. Peeping Tom and General Patton were both just 'meh' (although they both had a couple decent tracks). It's a shame the girl's normal band, Elysian Fields, isn't as good as Lovage, since they have a lot more albums under their belt.