View Poll Results: should the offspring play for the troops in iraq?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes sounds like a good idea

35 45.45%
  • no just focus on a regular tour

42 54.55%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: should the offspring play for the troops in Iraq?

Although I am fervently opposed to the idea, it's their decision. It would be incredibly ironic after Hammerhead's release, but I'd hate to contradict Noodles.

To conclude: *shrug*
    but not in a gay way

I think it's pretty safe to say that the lyrics to Hammerhead are partially inspired by the war in Iraq. I'm not going to pretend I know exactly what was going through Dexter's mind when he wrote that song. But it would be pretty hard to imagine that during a time of war, Dexter wrote a song about a gunmen who thinks he's doing right but he's actually doing wrong, yet it has NOTHING to do with that war. I know they've said in interviews that it's not really about the war, but all that means is that the subject matter isn't directly about the war. That doesn't mean it's not inspired by the war, and I personally think it almost certainly is. Maybe he was only thinking about certain aspects of the war, like missions where the soldiers are likely to kill innocent civilians. But I know that song has got something to do with the war.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Personally, I think it's a fucking awful idea.
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

In my opinion they shouldn't. I don't like that idea at all.

That's something Bad Religion should do. The lyrics to some of their songs (including "Los Angeles Is Burning") are related to the war in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    CONSPiRACY!!!! ~
    DIS IS LIKE DA VINCI CODE VERSION 2!!!
    Clever .
    CLASSIC HARDCORE SKATEPUNK; www.soundcloud.com/KILLAMEDIC

I just saw something that got me thinking about this...
    Last year, Yellowcard went to the middle east to play some concerts over there, including in Iraq. They said that although they do not actually support the war, they totally the men and women who are serving their countries away from their homes. They diserve to get a little piece of their homes, and a concert would be a great way for the troops to forget for a moment that they're in a different country, facing a war and stuff.
    I totally agree with Ryan (from Yellowcard), you can check the post here: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogID=347342788

And also, about the Jennifer Lost The War thing. Jennifer Lost The War isn't quite about war, I see the word "war" in the song as life... The girl who was died in the circus and later was identified as Little Miss 1565 lost her life, she lost her war. Living the life, facing the society... I guess these things are what the word "war" means in that song.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I think it would be nice (I mean, those guys and gals are fans, too), but I can't really visualize it happening.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

It seems an excellent idea, not what others think, but I do not like the idea ... I simply thought ^ ^
    "All your anger, All your hurt Doesn't matter in the end"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz7uN...eature=related

Here's The Vandals with Byron from Pennywise playing in Iraq. I saw a better video on On Demand before with soldiers moshing and stuff, but I can only find this one for some reason. It's the Vandals covering "America (Fuck Yeah)" from Team America.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.