View Poll Results: should the offspring play for the troops in iraq?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes sounds like a good idea

35 45.45%
  • no just focus on a regular tour

42 54.55%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: should the offspring play for the troops in Iraq?

Exclamation I don't think so!

I think it'll be the greatest shit for The Offspring to play for the troops in Iraq! It'll be like a political support to the one who sent them there. The Offspring are not politics they should never be. And by the way all these troops they are paid by the government for been there - for killing - it's their job - it's not a duty - don't be blind - see it! I think The Offspring could play for the fire-fighters and medics, and police officers - people that are saving your lives everyday in hospitals, in your own homes, on the street, but not for somebody who is in a foreign land killing people and saying - "we are the good guys the rest of the world are the bad guys they have to die, we're gona make the world a better place" - this is not true - nobody wants war even the mussulmen - everybody wants peace instead of US government because they are spending all of your money (the money of the american and british people) for creating bigger army and more weapons. US foreign affairs politics really sucks. I hope your new (US) president would be a real peacemaker not a kid playing the game of soldiers and wars! In the end I have to say that I think The Great Punk than brought us all here to this band and these forums says - "Make peace, not war" - another reason for The Offspring not to be playing for US or even brithish troops!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_hollandova View Post
    Soldiers love their jobs, they love new great guns and aircraft, I think for them is just a fun and lots of money. They retire at 35. They maybe miss their families and friends, but they don´t suffer. Ooooooo no.
    Soldiers in WWI and WWII were heroes, our soldiers are just working for money.
    And I know Dexy is inelligent and he would never mess with them.
    ITS FUN???? Are you crazy??
    Facing death isnt fun. And when its fun, why do men who return need mental help and some of them go nuts, kill their family and commit suicide, huh?? They maybe love the job but its not an easy job.
    I'm not saying that soldiers are heros. Im against Iraq, Afghanistan etc missions. It's kinda pointless to give your life for other country.

All the soldiers want out of this missions (at least the europeans that go there) is to get a bunch of money on a small amount of time. It's not about peace or saving anyone. And make no mistakes, the american soldiers are all about killing, there is nothing noble about war. I hope The Offspring never make the mistake of participating in this! And considering they were on the Rock Against Bush compilation, I'm sure they would never play for the troops!

And since some of you are teens, aloow me to translate:
    "War is like, totally gay! Duh!".
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

The Offspring never leave for Iraq, They are against the war!
    When the troops back from Iraq???
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz7uN...eature=related

Here's The Vandals with Byron from Pennywise playing in Iraq. I saw a better video on On Demand before with soldiers moshing and stuff, but I can only find this one for some reason. It's the Vandals covering "America (Fuck Yeah)" from Team America.
    Gee, I know it's a little bit off-topic, but... The crowd doesn't seem to be excited at all. A little bit weird.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Okay, it is now apparent to me that none of you knows anything about war, the army, or soldiers in general. I don't know anything and I still find this ridiculous.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

No. It propably would be great for the soldiers, but it would be also supporting american war. I still don't understand why we taking part in it. Forgive me all american members.
    Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Maybe they took the name The Offspring, because Green Day was already used.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennytar View Post
    ITS FUN???? Are you crazy??
    Facing death isnt fun. And when its fun, why do men who return need mental help and some of them go nuts, kill their family and commit suicide, huh?? They maybe love the job but its not an easy job.
    I'm not saying that soldiers are heros. Im against Iraq, Afghanistan etc missions. It's kinda pointless to give your life for other country.
    Exactly! And it costs a LOTS of money which could be used for education

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    I hope The Offspring never make the mistake of participating in this! And considering they were on the Rock Against Bush compilation, I'm sure they would never play for the troops!
    AFAIK it was Noodles' effort that put them on that compilation. I'm not sure if Dexter is against either war or Bush, but I do hope so. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him say that there's something like necessary evil, Bush and warfare for instance.

But yeah... I don't think it's a bad idea to play a concert for soldiers. At least if they don't play "Jennifer lost the war", "Conspiracy of One" and "Kill the president".
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by iGustavo View Post
    Is there a better way to have fun other than having The Offspring play for you?
    A naked model giving you beer while you're enjoying the Offspring show.
    My YouTube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/Youthenergy
    Check out some of my artwork Here.