Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting.

Default Hunting.

What is your opinion on hunting? Do you feel it's wrong/right?

Personally, I am not a fan. I grew up in a small farming town in rural Ohio where hunting is so big that we actually got a day off of school during hunting season. And I can tell you that every horrible stereotype about redneck hunters is completely true. I'm sure there are exceptions, but every hunting season, my hometown fills with drunk rednecks carrying guns and taking pictures of themselves with dead animals.

Fun fact: One of the eary signs of a potential serial killer is that the person likes to kill animals for fun. I've always found this interesting when thinking about hunting.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

When not done by rednecks, hunting is a very good experience. I absolutely can not STAND the hunting places where they have the big tree-house things and they bait the deer. That ain't right.

My dad usually goes hunting every year and it's the real deal down here. He gets up before sunrise, walks away from his campsite for about an hour, finds a good hiding spot (usually on top of a hill) and waits, completely silent, until a deer (or elk, or whatever he is hunting) comes into sight. Then, he double checks his target so he doesn't shoot something he's not supposed to (which does happen with people who aren't careful) and makes sure he takes it down with one shot. That's the only real sportsman way to do it. The thing is, though, half, if not more than half, of the time he ends up empty handed, but it's one of those "character building" experiences. I've gone with him several times (last time his friend who went with us actually got a mountain lion my brother spotted. Beautiful creature, but that's another story) and sitting in the middle of the desert (I live in southern Arizona) watching the sunrise is an incredible thing and makes all the effort completely worth it.

I hate the way rednecks hunt, though, which is what you are talking about, I'm sure.

EDIT: Also, self proclaimed "Nature-lovers" who think hunting is completely wrong and immoral and stuff are dumb. True environmentalists work WITH hunters to control over-population. I heard a story once about how a bunch of "environmentalists" managed to ban hunting in a area one year and thousands of deer died of starvation and disease due to starvation. Humans have messed up by shooting all the predators to the point where if we don't take the predators' place, over-population is a very real threat to the environment. Game and Fish will NEVER give out more tags than should be given out to balance the population. I say it's better to have a few die instantly than to have many more suffer for prolonged periods of time.
    Last edited by Thomas; 01-05-2009 at 05:59 PM.

And masturbation is one of the early signs of being a rapist.

Hunting isn't something I care about. I think I would like to try it. I would also like to know how to skin and prepare an animal.

But really I just don't care too much about that hobby. Unless they are hunting endangered animals or something, I'm obviously against that.

Personally hunting for just the trophy seems lame, but then again I'm the one discussing hunting on an internet message board.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

My brother-in-laws family is a big hunting family. They've hunted everything during every season. He just got the mounted elk skull from their black-power hunting trip a few months ago. Now usually I’d say a mounted skull in the living room is very redneck, but it actually looks really good.

Elk meat is really good -- best tacos you’ll ever have – and they use every part of the animal that’s useful, its not wasteful in anyway.

I really want to go bow hunting. I need to safe up some more money before I can get a hunting bow, but I can now a least draw back on a 90lbs+ bow.

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    EDIT: Also, self proclaimed "Nature-lovers" who think hunting is completely wrong and immoral and stuff are dumb. True environmentalists work WITH hunters to control over-population. I heard a story once about how a bunch of "environmentalists" managed to ban hunting in a area one year and thousands of deer died of starvation and disease due to starvation. Humans have messed up by shooting all the predators to the point where if we don't take the predators' place, over-population is a very real threat to the environment. Game and Fish will NEVER give out more tags than should be given out to balance the population. I say it's better to have a few die instantly than to have many more suffer for prolonged periods of time.
    I heard something about Yellowstone thinking about allowing wolf hunting. Also there is a huge regulation on what you can take out of the population, like Elk hunting is a one in a life time kill, once you've killed one your licenses for that game is revoked or something.. I know in Colorado they opened the deer season up to more kills due to a larger population.

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

I like hunting mainly because of the taste of deer and elk. I don't care to do it personally, but if anyone hands me some free meat I'm not gonna complain.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Fuck hunting and all hunters. Even if you've only done it once, I think less of you.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I tried Duck Hunting once. Didn't like it. That laughing dog pissed me off so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Fuck hunting and all hunters. Even if you've only done it once, I think less of you.
    And why is that?

EDIT: And adombomb, good luck with the bow-hunting thing. If you do go, be sure to let me know how it goes. It's fucking difficult for me to even hit a target from a few yards away, so I can't imagine having to hunt with it. You've got serious balls. haha. Seriously, good luck. I envy those with enough skill to bow hunt, especially if it's deer.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    I tried Duck Hunting once. Didn't like it. That laughing dog pissed me off so much.
    I love you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk