Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 331 to 340 of 340

Thread: Actual bbs awards

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,934


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Again, I think we've reached the point where people are posting, but they don't really know what they're trying to achieve. If you asked them, they couldn't tell you what they are trying to achieve or what they are expecting to achieve with their last post. But still, they can't stop. Obviously, this has happened to me in the past. But I wish we could all stop getting caught up in crap like this in the future. If you think you have a reason to call someone out on something, then do it, but you only need to do it once, and that's it. Because after that, it's just your ego that perpetuates these huge bitchfests.
    Wtf is he trying to achieve?

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,367


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budzy View Post
    Wtf is he trying to achieve?
    Having a mighty fine laugh there, aren't ya, Budzy boy? (In an Irish accent)
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,934


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Having a mighty fine laugh there, aren't ya, Budzy boy? (In an Irish accent)
    Just easing the tension. Or creating some tension. Think about that one.
    It's all perspective, to me that is a simple joke, but to others that may just be enough to spark a forum wide war between members.
    You got to be careful of what you say.
    You never know who's watching you.
    You never know who's just waiting, for that moment...to STRIKE!



    Objective: Talk Bullshit *Complete.

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northwest United States
    Posts
    4,069


    Default

    Pick a name and stick with it, bighead.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,367


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    Pick a name and stick with it, bighead.
    Haha, didn't even realize I did that. I don't what to do though, I think people might be used to bighead, but I think I like endlesst0m more.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    And you're right. Usually people who get voted for those awards in the past don't like being voted those things, and want to change. They ask for advice, whatever. But the people who would get the awards this year don't want to change. It doesn't make sense... they seem to get a kick out of being the worst members, but then they complain when they're voted.
    they don't seem to get a kick out of being terrible posters, they seem discouraged by awards like these. that should tell you their intention is better than to be a terrible poster. their intentions aren't that bad, really. to hear their reputation sucks, has got to hurt, when you hope people here will like you. in the end, that's not anyone's purpose, to hurt anyone.

    most of the posters mentioned in a negative way seem to take this pretty seriously & I can see why. we haven't had "popularity contests" like these in aages. back in the days, one of these topics was bound to be started about every other month. when someone was mentioned in a negative way, there was some complaining, but you could improve your ways & in the next thread then it'd be a different person that was mentioned in a negative way anyway.

    now, especially since this one was done for the occasion of new year's, it feels like such a reputation will stick with you for at least a year. & it doesn't just feel that way. in a way it's true that if these topics are only made once a year, or at least rather infrequently compared to the past, there isn't really much use & challenge in asking for advice & trying to improve, because who knows when the next time will be your reputation & posterstyle will be evaluated by the board. you can't really look forward to a next topic like this one, to an updated version of the awards, hoping the members on here will have explicitly noticed you came around & changed to set your reputation straight. so your reputation does stick with you much longer, when popularity contests are only held once in a while. whatever you do.

    if topics like these would pop up once every two months, like they used to (with the help of me back in the days, oh yes, I made one of these several years ago), I probably would've participated for the hell of it, just for the fun. (in reality, I'm that lame) because it doesn't matter who you nominate anyway; after 8 weeks, everything's changed. but seeing this is a rare occasion, seeing the reactions, how people get discouraged & others, who in reality are superlame, get encouraged to such a degree, just takes the fun out of it. topics like these aren't supposed to be serious, but they automatically become serious when they start to determine part of your reputation for quite some time to come.
    Last edited by JoY; 01-12-2009 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    sonic death knell
    Posts
    2,965


    Default

    it's kind of hard to think of somebodies intentions to be liked after they intentionally try to flood the board with porn pics and shock value pics to purposely try to make everybodies shit harder to deal with, especially mods. however, they have made progress since then, the point is people still remember that shit, and they have to learn it's a slow arduous progress to change peoples minds after that sort of behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Sorry. Just read llamas post after hers...it seemed like SHE felt it was a joke and used it for self-validation which made me write my post and interpret it that way. Anyway, what I said holds true but just pretend I wasn't addressing joy and instead the issue in general. Sorry for the misinterpretation. In fact I'll go edit my post to reflect that.
    I was surprised you responded to me so strongly. with such a long post too! normally I'm the one making long posts for nothing. I noticed it was in reply to me, with the amusement value I mentioned, the criticism, the negtivity.. sure, I jokingly replied, but I think it's pretty clear I don't particularly support handing out negative awards.

    look, I see your point here. I agree with you that it's not at all fun to be nominated for a negative award. I'm pretty sure I've gotten one back in the days I just started posting here (& looking back I realise at times I was INCREDIBLY annoying) & I remember it wasn't a whole lot of fun. but don't let it affect you so much. there's no need to care that much about what an online community thinks of you, based on a couple of posts you made, that reflect so little of who you really are.

    it wouldn't be fair if people evolved their entire impression of you, based on these nominations. you don't get to show a whole lot of yourself, when posting on a public message board in a generic way, not addressing anyone in particular. if you're the slightest bit like me, & I consider that normal, you florish much better in a small group of people you can address in person, or in a one on one conversation. intimacy is a pretty important thing to make actual contact, in which your persona surfaces. having said this, I hope you understand generally people don't value these nominations & awards as much, as to let them affect any impression they have of a fellow boardmember. it's just a shallow impression coming from a subjective viewpoint. that's it. no one expects that these nominations/awards tell anything about anyone personally, not anything substantial at least.

    so I agree with you & support your battle against negativity on here, but you are taking this a bit too serious & a bit too far. it must be upsetting in itself to get so winded up over this. by now, you've already put so much time & effort into making quite an amount of posts to convince people of the evil of negative awards. this is actually occupying space in your mind, in a negative way. don't let that happen, don't allow it to get to you this much, because after all, the one that suffers the most from that, is you. (if you get what I mean) relax & lighten up! if you take this lightly & brush it off your shoulders, just take it in & let it slide, then possibly you can give this a positive whirl.

    after all, obviously you get noticed & even though it's not always in the most positive of ways (though you seem to have your own loyal group of friends here, which you shouldn't underestimate), there are loads of members on here, screaming for some attention. after all, there are people who have taken the time & effort to spell out your name for any award to tell their opinion on your posts. now, do you suppose they'd do that for someone who's absolutely hopeless, for someone who they think will never change anyway? there's a certain sign of appreciation in getting a mention, whatever mention that is. because whether it's a positive mention, or a negative one, people voice their expectations of fellow members in awards like these. negative, as well as positive awards, show to which degree you meet expectations fellow boardmembers have of you. apparently there are a couple of boardmembers, who have higher expectations of you, than you've managed to show for so far. I hope you can find it in you to let that encourage you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyCrack View Post
    it's kind of hard to think of somebodies intentions to be liked after they intentionally try to flood the board with porn pics and shock value pics to purposely try to make everybodies shit harder to deal with, especially mods. however, they have made progress since then, the point is people still remember that shit, and they have to learn it's a slow arduous progress to change peoples minds after that sort of behavior.
    the reason why they get a mention anyway, is because most of them have improved their behavior on here a bit by now, which rises expectations. if they hadn't improved the slightest bit over time, there'd be no use in nominating them for a negative award. it's true that some of the people mentioned in this topic have been terrible pains in the ass & it's true that some of them still to some degree are a pain in the ass. but a pain in the ass, that continues being a pain in the ass non-stop to the same degree, either gets banned, or ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

  10. #340
    Camilamazed Guest


    Default

    Yes, I missed a LOT.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •