Thread: Hey Aussies

Question Hey Aussies

How big is the China/Rio Tinto story over there? I can read the papers, but is it being reported heavily, is it business news or do you not know what I'm talking about?
    “It is a strange paradox that today’s central banks are generally staffed by economists, who by and large profess a belief in a theory which says that their jobs are, at the best, unnecessary, and more likely wealth-destroying. Needless to say, this is not a point widely discussed among respectable economists. Nevertheless, it is an issue worth pondering.”

George Cooper, The Origin of Economic Crises

I don't think it's that big of news here, just the media blowing things out of proportion. I actually don't think it's that big of a deal, but then again i don't really know the details. I don't even know when this all started, I only heard about that this morning.
    People are more interested in the Cricket at the moment I think.

I know of what you're talking about, its not a saturating the news like much more important news eg. Michael Jackson's death, but its appeared at least everyday in one newspaper and TV news bulletin. Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd "warned" China that however they handle the incident it will be duly noted by the business and political world. Which I think will go completely unheaded by China.

Very little coverage here, but i doubt you care about Canadian coverage.

Nice to see a new post from you though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.