Thread: Trip to L.A!

Default Trip to L.A!

Hi guys,
    I hardly ever post here, but seeing as I live in Australia every other forum I've been on is Aussie. I think I have the best chance talking to Americans here.

I'm planning a trip to the great US and A!!! I'm so excited. I'm going to be going with my girlfriend (Both just finished uni 23 years old).

What I want to know is where the best place to stay in L.A is. I've already got the New York (Brooklyn) accomodation sorted but I want to know where I should stay in L.A.

Most people have recommended me to stay at Long Beach, but my best friend who has been to America is really recommending somewhere called "South Central" particularly an area called Compton? which I'm not all that familiar with. She is telling me that Long Beach is great in summer but there is nothing to do in winter and that Compton is great all year round.

I really don't know the U.S.A but from what she is telling me Compton sounds great. Are there any beaches nearby there I can visit? And does anyone know the quality of hotels in this area?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, Compton... I don't know much about it's beauty. I think it's crime rate overshadows that a bit. I think I remember reading an article back in 2008 or 09, it said the FBI ranked Compton as the 15th most dangerous city in America. A lot of gang violence happens in Compton.

But this is just the reputation that is heard thoughout California and the rest of United States. It could be a nice place if you are only staying for a little while.

I don't know if Compton has a beach near it. More than likely it does, but I am not familiar with the area. I definitely know Long Beach does. In all honestly, I think you should stay in Long Beach, but this is my general opinion.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 09-18-2010 at 07:04 AM.

If you see Snake Plisskin, well tell him its time to get out of LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Yeah, Compton... I don't know much about it's beauty. I think it's crime rate overshadows that a bit. I think I remember reading an article back in 2008 or 09, it said the FBI ranked Compton as the 15th most dangerous city in America. A lot of gang violence happens in Compton.

But this is just the reputation that is heard thoughout California and the rest of United States. It could be a nice place if you are only staying for a little while.

I don't know if Compton has a beach near it. More than likely it does, but I am not familiar with the area. I definitely know Long Beach does. In all honestly, I think you should stay in Long Beach, but this is my general opinion.
    Hmm ok. My friend didn't mention anything about a higher than average crime rate. It couldn't be that bad could it? I mean Sydney has it's western suburbs which are pretty shitty, and still no-one gets shot and not a hell of a lot of crime happens. I wouldn't Compton would be much worse than that? Maybe I'm off on this.

Your friend is trolling you. Come on.

Compton is a notoriously dangerous place. NWA's first album is called Straight Outta Compton to show off how gangsta they are. Are you making a joke or are you unable to pick up on a joke your friend is making? I can't tell if I'm being pranked or if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleviate View Post
    I really don't know the U.S.A but from what she is telling me Compton sounds great.
    Either you're making this up to fuck with us or your friend is fucking with you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Los_Angeles

Ever seen Training Day? I don't think that's the best place for tourists. It might not be as bad as its reputation would suggest but I wouldn't want to vacation there personally.

Would be hilarious to send a friend there though.

Edit: I took so long writing this reply (got distracted by some shiny things and wikipedia) that coke_a_holic came in and said exactly what I was thinking.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 09-19-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

L.A didn't impress me a load when I went there. But I did love Venice Beach, it's somewhere I'd go back to again.
    You should make a trip out to Yosemite if you have time. Beautiful place.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    south la is not that bad but compton is basically a war zone

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    if you see snake plisskin, well tell him its time to get out of la.
    lolz! :d :d :d :d
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...