Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis vs blur

Default Oasis vs blur

hey,guys,i don`t know if any of you`ve heard about this rivalry,just post what do you thik about the 2 bands,who you prefer and why and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that iŽll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    RenatoŽs awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

I kind of like both bands.

Oasis is better because they sound better in my ears.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

only BLUR

Quote Originally Posted by WerGee View Post
    only BLUR
    yeah,i love blur,i kind of like oasis too,but not as much as blur
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that iŽll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    RenatoŽs awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

I would perfer Blur, because I don't like any songs by Oasis aside from Wonder Wall. I think they suck to me honest. I like a few songs from Blur, but they aren't that great to me, but they are a good band.

My favorite british band is Muse.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    I would perfer Blur, because I don't like any songs by Oasis aside from Wonder Wall. I think they suck to me honest. I like a few songs from Blur, but they aren't that great to me, but they are a good band.

My favorite british band is Muse.
    Wonderwall must be the suckiest and lamest song of all time, it's such a whine. I've heard their other stuff is pretty good... but I never bothered to listen because of Wonderwall.

Blur at least have made a memorable song that's actually enjoyable, Song 2.

oasis are good...best of the 2 anyway
    My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk

Did i travel back in time, to 1997? I'm pretty sure the rivalry is dead.

I enjoy both bands, for different reasons. Blur writes more arty, almost punk-influenced pop songs. Stuff like Park Life, Coffee and TV are classics. Their last cd was pretty bad, save for a couple tracks. The last thing i heard was that Coxon had rejoined the band and that they were "thinking about writing new material".

I probably enjoy Oasis more overall. Personally i think Wonderwall is an average song by the guys, it really gets eclipsed by stuff like Don't Look Back in Anger. Also, i feel like Heathen Chemistry is their most overlooked album; which is unfortunate since it has some of their best stuff (Hindu Times, Songbird, ect).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Cool

oasis and blur were my favourite bands when i was younger (before i discovered the offspring and green day). always prefered oasis though, blur are just too damn southern!

can't listen to blur anymore but i still love oasis, all the best songs were on the b-sides of their singles.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Did i travel back in time, to 1997? I'm pretty sure the rivalry is dead.
    I know, wtf. I was gunna say exactly that.

But yeah, Blur are back together, and will have new material this summer. Save for a few singles I've never enjoyed them. I've loved Oasis' older stuff dearly since childhood. Pity they havent made a good album in about 15 years though.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now