Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Oasis vs blur

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    People's Republic of Cork
    Posts
    1,896


    Default

    I know more Oasis stuff, I grew up listening to them because of my brother. But I like Song 2 and that other one...with the milk carton in the video more than any Oasis.

    The again...I dislike both bands. I hate britpop. The verve are even worse.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    toluca,mexico
    Posts
    2,346


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Did i travel back in time, to 1997? I'm pretty sure the rivalry is dead.

    I enjoy both bands, for different reasons. Blur writes more arty, almost punk-influenced pop songs. Stuff like Park Life, Coffee and TV are classics. Their last cd was pretty bad, save for a couple tracks. The last thing i heard was that Coxon had rejoined the band and that they were "thinking about writing new material".

    I probably enjoy Oasis more overall. Personally i think Wonderwall is an average song by the guys, it really gets eclipsed by stuff like Don't Look Back in Anger. Also, i feel like Heathen Chemistry is their most overlooked album; which is unfortunate since it has some of their best stuff (Hindu Times, Songbird, ect).
    i dont`t think blur`s last album (think tank) was bad,i think it was great,but the music was a bit weird for most people for being influenciated by african music,i also think it was the most artistic one they had,i think that the great escape and 13 were their worst stuff,but it`s only my own opinion,i see must people know only song 2 and coffe and tv,but i`d like them to listen to for tomorrow,that`s really a great song
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that i´ll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Renato´s awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,784


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by renato piquette View Post
    i dont`t think blur`s last album (think tank) was bad,i think it was great,but the music was a bit weird for most people for being influenciated by african music,i also think it was the most artistic one they had,i think that the great escape and 13 were their worst stuff,but it`s only my own opinion,i see must people know only song 2 and coffe and tv,but i`d like them to listen to for tomorrow,that`s really a great song
    To each their own, i suppose. I'm glad you liked it; the only tracks that I really enjoyed were Ambulance and Out of Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nothingtown, USA
    Posts
    510


    Default

    Blur.

    Noel Gallagher of Oasis is the epitome of an asshole. (And Wonderwall is the only good Oasis song)
    "When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks... Alone."
    - Iron Maiden, "Fear Of The Dark"

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,654


    Default

    I like Oasis, even some people say that they have only one good song - "Wonderwall". It's not true...
    The same i can say about Blur then, "Song 2" is only good song they've done.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,916


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Did i travel back in time, to 1997? I'm pretty sure the rivalry is dead.
    Right, plus the whole rivalry thing was nothing but bullshit publicity in the first place.

    They were never similar bands, so comparing them is a bit silly. I liked both back in the day.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    toluca,mexico
    Posts
    2,346


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    To each their own, i suppose. I'm glad you liked it; the only tracks that I really enjoyed were Ambulance and Out of Time.
    well,yeah,did you listened to Caravan?God,that`s a beautiful song
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that i´ll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Renato´s awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    toluca,mexico
    Posts
    2,346


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~|Vredina|~ View Post
    I like Oasis, even some people say that they have only one good song - "Wonderwall". It's not true...
    The same i can say about Blur then, "Song 2" is only good song they've done.
    hell no,Song 2 is far away from being their best song,it is not even one of their best 20 songs,it`s so meaningless,Damon Albarn (Blur`s lead singer) even said that it`s only a Nirvana parody,is like if I`d say that The Offspring`s best song is Pretty Fly,it`s only their most popular one....
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that i´ll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Renato´s awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,974


    Default

    oasis sucks!!!
    but song 2 from blur is fucking awesome!
    also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fan

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    toluca,mexico
    Posts
    2,346


    Default

    apparently,this thread should have been named "Wonderwall" vs "Song 2"....
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that i´ll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    Renato´s awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •