Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oasis vs blur

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Right, plus the whole rivalry thing was nothing but bullshit publicity in the first place.

They were never similar bands, so comparing them is a bit silly. I liked both back in the day.
    I was gonna ask about this... why was there a rivalry? Because they were both British bands that got famous in the 90s? wtf, they sound nothing alike.

I like Song #2 but do NOT like Wonderwall at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

the verve. end of really, they were always the better band, they just overdid it with the drugs, in oh such a romantic way.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I was gonna ask about this... why was there a rivalry? Because they were both British bands that got famous in the 90s? wtf, they sound nothing alike.
    Because Noel Gallagher is a cocky bastard.

You have it about right; in the 90s they were just about the biggest British bands on the planet, and the US music press lumped them together under the umbrella of "britpop" and their songs were competing in the charts with one another. There's even a wiki article on it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Britpop
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Muse pwns over Blur and Oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Muse pwns over Blur and Oasis.
    muse has nothing to do with this,they are not britpop,they`re indie,an entire different world and age,and no,i don`t think they do over Blur

Quote Originally Posted by renato piquette View Post
    muse has nothing to do with this,they are not britpop,they`re indie,an entire different world and age,and no,i don`t think they do over Blur
    I'm just stating my favorite british band. Blur is pretty good and Oasis sucks. Thats my final verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by renato piquette View Post
    hell no,Song 2 is far away from being their best song,it is not even one of their best 20 songs,it`s so meaningless,Damon Albarn (Blur`s lead singer) even said that it`s only a Nirvana parody,is like if I`d say that The Offspring`s best song is Pretty Fly,it`s only their most popular one....
    Yes, that's right. But this discussion is becoming pointless because some people like Oasis more than Blur, and vice versa. Or may be hate both bands...

As I see, everyone here (except me) thinks that Oasis sucks...

Coldplay vs. The Killers
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

We should do a voting thread!

Oasis is so much better!

And it's typical american to say Song 2 rules! You never heard of Blur, except for that song! Beetlebum is way better and got less recognition.
    I do like Blur, but Oasis are better songwriters, and have consistently made better records. Like the new one, which is fucking awesome!
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post

I like Song #2 but do NOT like Wonderwall at all.
    It was about Oasis' Roll With It, and Blur's Parklife competing to be number 1 at the same time. Blur got the number 1, but then they dissapeared from the face of the earth. If there was a winner to all that crap, Oasis were it, by a long way. Wonderwall isn't that good of a song, and Oasis have alot of better stuff.

Pity The Verve got sweeped under the carpet because of all this, because they genuinely were more talented than Oasis or Blur could ever hope to be.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 02-05-2009 at 03:58 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now