Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rancid and their new album

Default Rancid and their new album

Punknews.org reported today that Rancid's been finished with their new album and are readying for a spring 2009 release. Here's what the band had to say:

Our good friend and producer Brett Gurewitz has finished mixing our new record set to release around spring of this year. We've all been working real hard along side Brett on this record and we are all real proud of how its turning out. As it's release comes nearer we will get you more details on everything we've been working on.

We will also be hitting the road hard this year. As you may have heard we've confirmed a 2 month North American Tour with Rise Against. This will be a great opportunity to play you some of our new songs live in addition to a mix of songs spanning the entire history of Rancid. We like to play a new set every night to keep it fresh and interesting for all of us! We like to do a little something from every Rancid record giving every night a unique show from the one before.
    Any Rancid fans out here excited for the new album? I am!

Great news, i'll deffinitely check this out!

Thanks

Definately. Rancid rocks, man.

GIVE EM THE BOOT!!!!!!!!

This thing has been taking forever; i mean, i read somewhere that they had allegedly finished mixing last April, but i guess that was wrong. And i thought the Offspring and Dillinger Four took a long time to record things.....

Still, i can't wait to hear the new Lars songs; and Tim's solo record was pretty good, i wonder if there's going to be a bigger ska influence on this record then the last couple?

The tour with Rise Against is also kind of weird, since it's probably going to be a huge venue; but i'll still end up going, as long as my schedule will allow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    And i thought the Offspring and Dillinger Four took a long time to record things.....
    So did Social Distortion when they made Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll.

I'm not too excited about it. I mean ... and Out Come the Wolves was a killer record, yeah, but their other releases were only mediocre. Each with one or two good tracks, but that was about it. Still I will definitely check this out.

i'm lookin forward to this one, all there albums are sasfe, but personally i thought indestuctible was one of the better ones...and also the stuff they've been putting out since 2000 has been good, so hopefully this new record shud be good.....even if it has taken aaaages
    My Nothingtown Acoustic Cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE9JblnThVk

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    So did Social Distortion when they made Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll.
    It's a common theme for them, since their new cd is taking forever as well.

Quote Originally Posted by medi01 View Post
    i'm lookin forward to this one, all there albums are sasfe, but personally i thought indestuctible was one of the better ones
    I've always felt that Industructable got a lot of undeserved hate. I mean, i personally think it was one of their weaker albums, but it has some great tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    It's a common theme for them, since their new cd is taking forever as well.
    Just because Social D is taking forever on their new record doesn't mean there's any doubt that it'll ever be released or whatever. I'm sure they're trying not to be in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    Just because Social D is taking forever on their new record doesn't mean there's any doubt that it'll ever be released or whatever. I'm sure they're trying not to be in a hurry.
    They haven't found much time to record because they are always booking shows and Mike Ness' solo tour is taking up some time.