Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Level of Motivation

it depends what there is to be motivated for. a lot of things im motivated to do purely to get it out of the way or over with quickly!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Remember when Eric Foreman when to Africa to help little kids? Yeah, that kind of sucked.
    The one from That 70s Show or the one from House? Or is there a third Eric Foreman I'm not aware of?

my level of motivation is

OVER 9000!!!

Yo youre thing fools me everytime BP.

Anyway, fuck yeah who cares. You know what fucking rocks? SIMPLE PLEASURES. Candy bars. Jerking off. Sex. Food. Sleep. Shit like that. That'sd where it at. I don't like our human race. The people that I've met suck. Maybe it's just the area that I live in or something. People are known to be dickheads in South Jersey. People are especially known to be dickheads in my town. Maybe I just need to move away or something. Man I really hate people. I don't like what I see and I don't want to be a part of it or contribute to it or anything like that. yeah it's true, go ahead and challenge me on it. Challenge me on what I said. Fat ass.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Maybe it's just the area that I live in or something. People are known to be dickheads in South Jersey. People are especially known to be dickheads in my town. Maybe I just need to move away or something. Man I really hate people. I don't like what I see and I don't want to be a part of it or contribute to it or anything like that. yeah it's true, go ahead and challenge me on it. Challenge me on what I said. Fat ass.
    I feel the same here. But I don't think that you just have to move somewhere else and everything will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    I'm motivated by my fear of ever starting a career.
    Yeah, that.

I've been meaning to check out this thread for a couple of days now and kept putting it off. True story.

My only ambition is to find some damn ambition. I'm kinda sick of being so apathetic. Just can't seem to come up with anything that I really give a shit about. I just want to make a decent living and find ways to help people.

I do like to feel useful. And helping people gives me some small justification for my existence. But the thing is, there's not a lot of people I actually like. And I only feel like helping people I like. Or people who have totally fucked up lives and genuinely try to improve their situation. I've considered a career in social work but I'm put off by all the worthless douchebags I would have to deal with who really don't deserve help because they refuse to do anything to actively improve their own situation. That would kinda kill my altruistic buzz.

I sort of like the idea of teaching, but only in theory. Because in theory I could help kids reach their full potential and give them guidance and shit and watch them become smarter, more productive and generally better than me and then take some small amount of pride in their achievements. Succeed vicariously through them. In reality kids get on my nerves and I don't want to be around them much.

Yeah, I know I seem pretty fucking cool and everything, but I'm actually pretty lame. Ha.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Most of my motivations are entirely selfish. I work extremely hard in school to get into a decent grad school and therefore get a decent job as a professor afterwards. There is a piece of me that wants to work as a professor and teach about sexual assault and representations of women and make a difference in society. There's part of me that's idealistic and all, "yes, i can! i can make change!" (maybe that's just from hearing a few too many Obama speeches). However, the rest of me is just like, "fuck it, i wanna be a professor because i'll make a shitload and will have a nice house and nice things and a nice car and my mens and i will be able to just up and go on vacation for the fuck of it and no one will care about my classes anyway." I think the money aspect is a much much bigger motivation for me. And I hate that it's such a motivation, ha.

On the other hand, I'm still incredibly lazy. I have like no classes this semester, and I'm still not doing shit at all. Like, I am doing *noooooothing.* I have a huge paper I should do and I reallly reallllly need to start it and I just can't bring myself to do it.

i guess it's all about the dream